**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on silver surfer?

RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Pulled him as my latest 6*. How good is he? Will he get any use in my roster? I’ve only ever heard of him as a prestige champ.

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    I'll copy and paste what I put when someone else pulled a 6 star silver surfer a couple of days ago...

To be consistently good with silver surfer, you have to really keep an eye on the buff rotations and time everything you do accordingly.
    I really like him but it can be frustrating. Sometimes i do really well with him, other times it all goes to s*#t.
  • Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
  • anaLysis_anaLysis_ Posts: 259 ★★★
    I love him, my 2nd favorite cosmic after CGR. The usual rotation can be tricky and inconvenient at times, but he’s packed with utility (Buffs, armor breaks, cold snap, shock, and incinerate immunity a la corvus) and is just so fun to play. His damage may not be as high as a certain Herald of Gerald, but it’s certainly nothing to scoff at. Play around with him and give him a good shot, he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but you just might love him.
  • ChosenOne_0411ChosenOne_0411 Posts: 22
    Dude, he has some decent damage if you play him well. But it's a bit of a pain to rotate the buffs properly in some matchups but most of the time I find him very fun to play. But if you're thinking about ranking him up I'll definitely put those t5b on collosus rather than him. I find him to be god tier but nowhere near insane damage. If played well, he can do rol winter soldier in 230 hits as a 4 star rank 5 and he has a 6 hit combo(just for comparison, doom as 4 star rank 5 takes 290 to 300 hits with a 5 hit combo so ss damage is actually neat)
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    i wish i had a 6* Surfer. i play my 5R5 quite often ... i think he's a solid champ with very good damage.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Great champion! I have a guide for him so if you wanna learn more about him so feel free to read it. There's also a ton of videos on YouTube that show his capabilities, don't listen to the negative youtubers who say "Lemon Surfer", they're just salty he wasn't as good as Ghost on release. In truth, he's a very useful champion in tons of high level content.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/234416/silver-surfer-disrespected-for-far-too-long/p1
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    He’s a very solid champion with good damage and utility. His rotation is really quite simple.
    For shorter fights (AQ, AW, and most EQ/SQs) you want to heavy at the start of the fight to get your power gain, sp1 to get two furies, heavy to get your armor up, dex, sp2, and heavy to refresh your buffs when your power gain expires.
    For longer fights (Story Mode) you want to do that same rotation, but build to an sp3 before you use your first sp2 to get the aptitude buff. My 6r3 is a beast and finishes most fights in one sp2.
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    https://youtu.be/uA7GzVey1Ew
    He is one of my favorite champions, he has great utility and a decent damage, jus put attention on his buff rotation to exploit his ability.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Great champion! I have a guide for him so if you wanna learn more about him so feel free to read it. There's also a ton of videos on YouTube that show his capabilities, don't listen to the negative youtubers who say "Lemon Surfer", they're just salty he wasn't as good as Ghost on release. In truth, he's a very useful champion in tons of high level content.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/234416/silver-surfer-disrespected-for-far-too-long/p1

How many people around here see me agreeing with KD? Lmao

Surfer is lit, don’t sleep on him. More and more content coming out in which he excels in.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Deceptively useful.

The type of champ that sneaks their way into your team because you didn't have another answer for a specific node combination.
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    Great utility and pretty good overall. IMO REALLY needs high/max sig to avoid the headache of buffs ending too soon.