**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Did I pull the trigger too early?

SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
Got BWCV yesterday and took her straight to r5. Not enough Iso but idec. Shes great and all but how do I get the maximum amount of dmg because tbh Im feeling a little underwhelmed. Shes still IMO the second best mystic but I don't think Im getting her rotation down because even after 20 voyance charges, the sp3 doesn't hit that hard. Tips?

Comments

• SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    edited March 2021
    ẞlооd said:

She's got pretty nice burst damage, but she's a huge utility champ rather than a huge damage dealer. Definitely don't think you jumped the gun. You'll come to learn how good she is for a lot of content if you stick with her.

Yeah im liking her alot so far just kinda disappointed with her dmg. Probs cuz V5 has that crit chance decrease lol
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Without suicides or some additional boosters, her damage does feel slightly underwhelming. However, if the opponent has incinerate/poison/bleed immunity, she can spam specials and her damage goes up in those scenarios.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    I always do sp2 curse of hellfire. Does a pretty good chunk of damage and has great buff control. She’s definitely not an insane damage champ though.
  • Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    Bro she is so awesome.
    I use her mostly in poison mode for power control in match where lot of buffs are there. She can constantly throw specials with only one 5 hit combo.
    If I want damage hellfire curse is best and it does pretty nice damage.
    Curse of blood gives really nice heal.
    Bleed and poison vulnerability node- she just wrecks opponents.
    Biohazard
    Power control, it does look less but even with energize node, in poison curse she will not give enough power to opponents and can constantly spam special.

She is the most versatile champion in my opinion.
    You will appreciate her more once you get to know in which nodes and scenario which curse will be beneficial to you
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    You jumped the gun, but it didn't screw you over.

Claire is amazing, one of the best champs in the game -- for utility. She has nice damage, but not 'wow' damage. If you were looking for damage only, then yeah she's not gonna be like one of the big Cosmics or Mutants.
  • Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
    She has awesome damage but not the best damage. She is mostly used for her utilities and immunities. She is great for power control. Against champs with immunities, she gains power even faster. Get 20 charges and sp3. If she is awakened, deathtouch will not let you die. Her regen comes in clutch as well. Mostly she is used in her hellfire mode and sp2 for burst damage. It also applies buff immunity. So opponent cant trigger any buff. Even if he does, claire gains power. You cant compare her to doom in damage but if you run suisides, she is better than doom. Just mess around with her in endgame content and you will know how useful she is. And dont regret your decision cause she is awesome :)
  • ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    Needs suicides in my opinion.
    I run her with suicides and a good mastery build
    she crits 6k for me without boosts or synergies
    I tested her out with the sp3 with 20 charges and even though it didn't do much dmg, with the death touch I was throwing like 30-40k sp2s on hellfire. Nicee
  • Lordchungus575Lordchungus575 Posts: 63
    ẞlооd said:

She's got pretty nice burst damage, but she's a huge utility champ rather than a huge damage dealer. Definitely don't think you jumped the gun. You'll come to learn how good she is for a lot of content if you stick with her.

I tested her out with the sp3 with 20 charges and even though it didn't do much dmg, with the death touch I was throwing like 30-40k sp2s on hellfire. Nicee

Yep. There's also currently a bug I believe where if you died with Claire while Death Touch is active and her sig functioned, she would get double potency on her blessings for the rest of the fight.
  • TimmytdtTimmytdt Posts: 564 ★★
    edited March 2021

Yep. There's also currently a bug I believe where if you died with Claire while Death Touch is active and her sig functioned, she would get double potency on her blessings for the rest of the fight.
    Damn you @The_Sentry06 ! Can’t you keep yor mouth shut!?
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Her damage is mainly from hellfire but only reason lacks is shes balanced with utility and immunities so the damage u see for someone with balanced stats is pretty awesome to me shes probs number 1 in mystic class as immunities utility regen burst damage
  • TimmytdtTimmytdt Posts: 564 ★★
    Timmytdt said:

No offence
    Timmytdt said:

Timmytdt said:

No offence
    None taken.
  • Batman_bruce31Batman_bruce31 Posts: 191 ★★
    I have her as 6*r2 and trust me she saved me a ridiculous amount of revives and health pots in many situations.

I have gone from 1% health to 100% health every single time.

She is triple immune champ, has insane regen,
    Good power control, massive burst damage.

If you can constantly gain clair voyance charges...you are basically can't die because she gets death immunity after every special 3.

I would honestly put her and doom on same level.
    Doom can do crazy things because ofcourse he is doom and claire is a warlock, sunspot and blade mixed into one.

So you are definitely gonna use her a lot in future.

oh should I awaken her then? How helpful is death immunity is it like cheat death?

oh should I awaken her then? How helpful is death immunity is it like cheat death?
    @Batman_bruce31 should I use my AG? I dont have doom and I already have a awakened Dragon man.
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Her awakened ability is not at all required. It's nice to have, but she's still very very good without it
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    Valmarx said:

Needs suicides in my opinion.
    I run her with suicides and a good mastery build
    she crits 6k for me without boosts or synergies

Even without suicides, she works very well. That is, if you have the patience to play without them.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    No way, she's great. I went to R3 with my 6*
  • ProximaMidnight_8ProximaMidnight_8 Posts: 285 ★★
    use sp2 in hellfire phase for damage. the other stances are utility
  • Batman_bruce31Batman_bruce31 Posts: 191 ★★

@Batman_bruce31 should I use my AG? I dont have doom and I already have a awakened Dragon man.
    No, her Awakened ability can save you a few times...but if are even a semi decent claire player....you don't need her awakened ability.

Save the gem for someone like scarlet witch