**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alright, Hear Me Out

21Eggatron21Eggatron Posts: 85 ★★
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Over the last 2 years, you have done a decent job of giving the community some involvement in the direction of the Contest, starting with the polls to select the next overhaul buffs (Colossus and Old Man Logan).

This past December, you took a step up with the vote tournament, where the community voted for Hercules. However, I feel as if the community could have slightly more input. You have such a great community with millions of players, yet most feel like their voice isn't heard.

What I think would be a great idea is that once a year, you hold a tournament like the one in December, but it's an overhaul and it's between 16 concepts that members of the community have submitted.

Here's how it could work:

1. On the Forums, a new thread is created announcing this and allowing people to submit detailed buff concepts within a time frame.

2. Server mods and Kabam staff look through the submissions and pick 16 of the ones they like the most and are possible.

3. These 16 are voted on by the community and the winner is implemented at some point.

Something like this could be huge for the average player. I think it's within your power, the rest is up to you.

(Same post is on my twitter, same user).
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★

Kabam/playerbase interaction isn’t always the best and this could actually help to bridge the divide between the two. People like John are great but there aren’t many others like John interacting with the community so much. (Forum mods are different from devs so while I love all you forum mods actual Kabam mods should be more in touch with the community)

There was that one time Doot came and talked about Spider-Ham. I believe he was the designer for him (though I could be wrong).
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Kabam/playerbase interaction isn’t always the best and this could actually help to bridge the divide between the two. People like John are great but there aren’t many others like John interacting with the community so much. (Forum mods are different from devs so while I love all you forum mods actual Kabam mods should be more in touch with the community)

There was that one time Doot came and talked about Spider-Ham. I believe he was the designer for him (though I could be wrong).
    Doot is a forum mod
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Doot is a forum mod
    But I mean wasn’t he a dev?
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Doot is a forum mod
    I’m 99% sure the forum team has no actual Kabam devs, I may be incorrect
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★
    Votes are easy, your asking someone to read through hundreds of comments
  • Under_dug1Under_dug1 Posts: 53
    Votes are easy, your asking someone to read through hundreds of comments. I can understand what you are saying 21Eggatron, however it would be waaaayyyy too time consuming for Kabam to look at all of those buff ideas and kabam does deserve to do what they will think will help the game the best. They probably thought buffing magneto or colossus would be what is best for the game’s progression in the future
  • 21Eggatron21Eggatron Posts: 85 ★★

Votes are easy, your asking someone to read through hundreds of comments. I can understand what you are saying 21Eggatron, however it would be waaaayyyy too time consuming for Kabam to look at all of those buff ideas and kabam does deserve to do what they will think will help the game the best. They probably thought buffing magneto or colossus would be what is best for the game’s progression in the future

I definitely get what you're saying, however they set the time frame and there are dozens, potentially a hundred people between community mods and Kabam staff. If they had to, they could legitimately take a month of just kind of scrolling through the forum post for like 15-20 mins. I also somewhat agree and somewhat disagree with the statement that they do what's best for the game's progression, seeing as they buffed some champs which were major complaints from the community (Mole Man, Terrax, Civil Warrior), but they also buffed Angela and Masacre (which is now good and I'm not complaining, but other champs need the buffs more) and silently nerfed Ghost.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    And if your concept gets chosen/makes the top 16, you could be given a 5*/6* version of the champ when they come out

And if your concept gets chosen/makes the top 16, you could be given a 5*/6* version of the champ when they come out

As much as I would love that, I don't see Kabam doing it. They don't like giving out free stuff except for holidays or compensation.
  • Lordchungus575Lordchungus575 Posts: 63
    edited March 2021

Yeah and that could potentially be unfair for normal players vs Content creators its not hard for kabam to give favoritism to the content creators like BG and Seatin
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Love this idea, it encourages people not to make absolutely wild god tier buff concepts, because they’re unrealistic. I’d love to think of a buff concept for a champ if there’s a chance it could be done.
  • Lordchungus575Lordchungus575 Posts: 63
    edited March 2021
    They could also do the votes in game and as a small bonus give you lets say two level 3 health potions or 200 five
    star shards

Love this idea, it encourages people not to make absolutely wild god tier buff concepts, because they’re unrealistic. I’d love to think of a buff concept for a champ if there’s a chance it could be done.

I'm not gonna lie, I have two which I think are A. Really cool and B. Reasonable on my twitter and would love to have an opportunity to get it in front of Kabam staff. I want to make more, but something that Karatemike said on stream stuck in my head "Kabam doesn't really consider community buff concepts." Kabam staff is missing out on millions of people with good opinions because they only interact with CCP people, and even then some still don't. This is just a suggestion on how that could change.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I'm not gonna lie, I have two which I think are A. Really cool and B. Reasonable on my twitter and would love to have an opportunity to get it in front of Kabam staff. I want to make more, but something that Karatemike said on stream stuck in my head "Kabam doesn't really consider community buff concepts." Kabam staff is missing out on millions of people with good opinions because they only interact with CCP people, and even then some still don't. This is just a suggestion on how that could change.
    Do you have a link to them? Be interested to check them out

Do you have a link to them? Be interested to check them out
    Sure! Juggernaut (Was created 2 months before Mangog, and yes, there are some similarities): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fimFnkf1nnVbvJYlTyMynUNGUoHWJbIQiJ-gcRqvpoE/edit

Sentry: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nq1epC_RkbWX8Kh04selQPFNa0F6GDpIaXCx5wUKDGE/edit

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Doot is a forum mod
    I’m 99% sure the forum team has no actual Kabam devs, I may be incorrect
    I think that there's a few that have forum accounts, but I don't think they interact much with posts.