**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What is it with the 5stars not available as 6stars?

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
I been watching some videos on YT, and I wanted to find out why we still don't have champions like Hyperion, Stark Spidey, Quake, Scarlet Witch, Blade, Wolverine, Magik, etc as 6stars. Is there any announcement on when they will be included if they will be? Whatever reason was given about Scarlet Witch, we all know was/is not true. There's no way these champs not available as 6stars will break the game with their OP-ness.
Cos for long time some of us if not many were pulling **** and useless champs as we wait till new released decent champs are added to the 6star pool yet some of these old but good champs were wasting and still wasting away that could have been added (ex. AA, who now is available).
Well, for money grab purpose I see logic but I'm not sure if there reasons already shared. Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• TheLegionMasterTheLegionMaster Posts: 380 ★★★
    A lot of the champions you’ve mentioned are already broken as rank 5 5* champions. While I could see Stark Spidey, Blade, and Magik being added, characters like Quake, Wolverine, and Hyperion would absolutely break the game forever. If you have 6* Quake, Kabam might as well make every node have True Strike added if they want to continue making content.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    edited March 2021

I think it’s just a matter of waiting. New 6*s are released via the featured hero crystal and there are only so many they can add per cycle. Although it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t release a 6 quake

Why not Quake? I have her but don't use cos I haven't mastered her playstyle. The best I'd rate myself 6/10.
    And why the wait? So adding them all will crash the system or what? These 6stars I'm talking about are mainly old champs that could have been added a long time ago. Eg, Instead of pulling Classic DD I could have gotten a Hyperion if he was in the pool.

J0eySn0w said:

I think it’s just a matter of waiting. New 6*s are released via the featured hero crystal and there are only so many they can add per cycle. Although it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t release a 6 quake

Why not Quake? I have her but don't use cos I haven't mastered her playstyle. The best I'd rate myself 6/10.
    And why the wait? So adding them all will crash the system or what? These 6stars I'm talking about are mainly odd champs that could have been added a long time ago. Eg, Instead of pulling Classic DD I could have gotten a Hyperion if he was in the pool.
    Quake is over 10 out of 10. She can handle so much in the game and still treat the fight the same.

Take a biohazard fight, normal quaking.

Add 200% combat power gain, normal quake.

Add bane, normal quake.

Add do not go gentle, normal quake.

Add thorns, mighty charge, power drain, freezer burn, poison on contact, power reserve, stun immune and mesmerise and the fight is still the exact same.

You now have a fight where you need a bleed, poison or incinerate immune evade countering champ or someone who can deal with debuffs like that, all while dealing with bane, stun immune, all that power, plus do not go gentle so you’d need to intercept.

Or, you can just quake it.

That’s why she’s so powerful, she takes so many fights and boils it down to hold heavy and dex.
    So my point exactly, a 6 and a 5 won't make any different it's just a matter of time, one finishes faster than the other. Yeah, one could argue the longer the fight the chance of making a mistake but a skillful user will still get it done regardless. So if we take Quake out, what about the others?
    Kill_Grey said:

A lot of the champions you’ve mentioned are already broken as rank 5 5* champions. While I could see Stark Spidey, Blade, and Magik being added, characters like Quake, Wolverine, and Hyperion would absolutely break the game forever. If you have 6* Quake, Kabam might as well make every node have True Strike added if they want to continue making content.

Meh, there's a bunch of hard counters to quake nowadays, and are still being released. I don't think wolvie is gonna spark too much pizzazz with champs like sorcerer in existence. I can kinda understand for Hyperion, but he's also got his weaknesses.
    Solid point here. I have Hyperion and surprisingly I dont use him as much. A number of nodes I'd prefer other alternatives unless I don't have better alternatives. Fight where it's difficult or tricky to get his furies, he doesnt hit that hard and the fight takes longer. I'd use another champ if they're viable.
  • Six_strings6Six_strings6 Posts: 223 ★★
    J0eySn0w said:

And why the wait? So adding them all will crash the system or what? These 6stars I'm talking about are mainly old champs that could have been added a long time ago. Eg, Instead of pulling Classic DD I could have gotten a Hyperion if he was in the pool.
    That’s just how they are releasing new 6 stars. Nothing else
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    A few of the current 6*s were a mistake imo. This will continue to happen due to featured cav sales, unfortunately. Less visible rn, but it'll be more of an issue in the future.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Kill_Grey said:

Meh, there's a bunch of hard counters to quake nowadays, and are still being released. I don't think wolvie is gonna spark too much pizzazz with champs like sorcerer in existence. I can kinda understand for Hyperion, but he's also got his weaknesses.
    Solid point here. I have Hyperion and surprisingly I dont use him as much. A number of nodes I'd prefer other alternatives unless I don't have better alternatives. Fight where it's difficult or tricky to get his furies, he doesnt hit that hard and the fight takes longer. I'd use another champ if they're viable.
    What?
    Kill_Grey said:

J0eySn0w said:

Kill_Grey said:

What?
    What do you mean by what? Like I’d use Stark Spidey over Hyperion on certain stun immune matchups is unheard of? I’m not saying Hyperion is a bad champ, I have him at r5 doesn’t mean I won’t prefer certain other champs even if he’s able to do the fight.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Kill_Grey said:

J0eySn0w said:

Kill_Grey said:

What?
    What do you mean by what? Like I’d use Stark Spidey over Hyperion on certain stun immune matchups is unheard of? I’m not saying Hyperion is a bad champ, I have him at r5 doesn’t mean I won’t prefer certain other champs even if he’s able to do the fight.
    'Kay
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    They really should add those OG champs. As forgotten as he is, I'd rather take a 6* Blade than a mediocre 6* like Drax.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Redslimm said:

I have never understood Kabam's criteria with certain champions, I can find certain arguments why Quake and Wolverine are not available as six stars even the Scarlet Witch, but characters like Hyperion or Starky, I don't think they are above the best 6 stars that already exist today. Let's take Ghost as an example, one of the most broken characters in the game, not only is available as six stars, but kabam has added too powerful synergies, while very bad characters do not even have a good synergy, it seems really stupid to me.
    Another example in the inconsistency of their criteria, are the champions buff, it seems that they roll the dice to see what comes out.

Quake is the only champ I’d agree with not getting released. Comparing 5* versions of Hyperion to other 5* champs is no different to comparing a 6* Hyperion to other champs, the addition of more attack and damage is like boosting a 5*, and that doesn’t break the game. The addition of adrenaline, while useful, is not game breaking for any champion.

It’s like when kabam said releasing a 5* scarlet witch would be game breaking, and then she was released and she’s barely a second thought compared to the current top champions.

Any reason kabam give for not releasing Hyperion, wolverine, blade etc as 6* is not valid if it’s related to breaking the game, quake however, that’s a different story. She’s a whole other level of breaking the game.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★
    So far all i know is kabam like making rare champs in stars until later date like with 5s we had all the ogs that broke meta to only can get here and there in 5 star form now with 6s we have 3 i believe that is only by crystals if arena shows and its ice sl and thor which havent been in featured 6 when they showed up its just a way kabam wants to do it so yes gamebreaking they probs will show but via rng or by spending