**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nuff Kang, Thanos, and Ultron Trophy Champs

2»

Comments

• Jberg14Jberg14 Posts: 39
    Raichu626 said:

Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

I know this has been said before, but no matter if the champions are “trophy Champions” they need a total rework like Magneto (Red) These are the OG of the game and are the true beasts in this amazing game. That being said I feel as though they need a revamp because their abilities don’t match up... Even compared to falcon... which is disappointing haha. But yeah thoughts on overhauls with these champions?. Also, I don’t care if it affects F2P players because you know mate if you are dedicated and want to spend a little it helps the game grow and make this a relic as Kabam would say:) So thoughts?

I dont have an issue with the buffs though i'd buff other champs first. What I have an issue with is how ur basically saying I dont care, screw ftp players.
    That’s not the issue I live free to play options but to be invested for future you should be able to spend even a little. Because it’s like saying hey if I go to Walmart and not spend any money then I won’t get anything out of my shopping
    Bruh, you should be able to be completely ftp and still play. If you dont pay it should still be possible to keep up a little with other players if you grind a lot more rather than buffing a bunch of trophy champs you basically need to pay money for to BGT.
    FTP I’m not against it’s the fact of the Matter it’s a company trying to make money and bring us enjoyment. But you can still get great champs just as much as spenders it just takes longer to be FTP. I would love to be FTP but I love this game too much and I want to help grow this game more.
    Well, you can still do that without forcing other players to do the same thing. Locking an overpowered champion behind a paywall is a scummy move and wouldn't just drive away ftp players, but could also drive away some big spenders who'd see that this is a trash move and didn't want to support it.
    Raichu626 said:

Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

I know this has been said before, but no matter if the champions are “trophy Champions” they need a total rework like Magneto (Red) These are the OG of the game and are the true beasts in this amazing game. That being said I feel as though they need a revamp because their abilities don’t match up... Even compared to falcon... which is disappointing haha. But yeah thoughts on overhauls with these champions?. Also, I don’t care if it affects F2P players because you know mate if you are dedicated and want to spend a little it helps the game grow and make this a relic as Kabam would say:) So thoughts?

I dont have an issue with the buffs though i'd buff other champs first. What I have an issue with is how ur basically saying I dont care, screw ftp players.
    That’s not the issue I live free to play options but to be invested for future you should be able to spend even a little. Because it’s like saying hey if I go to Walmart and not spend any money then I won’t get anything out of my shopping
    Bruh, you should be able to be completely ftp and still play. If you dont pay it should still be possible to keep up a little with other players if you grind a lot more rather than buffing a bunch of trophy champs you basically need to pay money for to BGT.
    FTP I’m not against it’s the fact of the Matter it’s a company trying to make money and bring us enjoyment. But you can still get great champs just as much as spenders it just takes longer to be FTP. I would love to be FTP but I love this game too much and I want to help grow this game more.
    Well, you can still do that without forcing other players to do the same thing. Locking an overpowered champion behind a paywall is a scummy move and wouldn't just drive away ftp players, but could also drive away some big spenders who'd see that this is a trash move and didn't want to support it.
    Raichu626 said:

Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

You can get Thanos and Kang without spending buddy. I got a 5 star Kang without spending a dime. You can also save up units for a year and do a legend run and be top 100 and receive a trophy champ too. There are many ways to get one, just are you dedicated enough to want one? Because it’s all for grabs. The money wall is only something for too difficult content. And even that you can save units by grinding the arena
    edited March 2021
    Will3808 said:

I agree that eventually they should be buffed but why would you want them buffed before other people such as og spidey or regular ultron or others around that level.

Thanos and Kang are bomb.com that’s why my favorites of Marvel universe they deserve the buffs they really are
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Jberg14 said:

Raichu626 said:

Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

Jberg14 said:

You can get Thanos and Kang without spending buddy. I got a 5 star Kang without spending a dime. You can also save up units for a year and do a legend run and be top 100 and receive a trophy champ too. There are many ways to get one, just are you dedicated enough to want one? Because it’s all for grabs. The money wall is only something for too difficult content. And even that you can save units by grinding the arena
    You didn't need to quote me 3 times to say that, just fyi.

You ""can"", sure, about as much as you can win the lottery to pay back your college debt. There are players that didn't get any version of Thanos or Kang after spending 1000s of $ on gifting crystals, but you're right, they should've just gotten lucky. It's so easy, why wouldn't they do that?

Gee, you're right, why isn't everybody just in the top 100 fastest players to explore the newest endgame content if they wanted a trophy champ, that's such great advice.

To say something not sarcastic: Before 12.0, back in the old days, I'd occasionally ask my alliance for advice on a hard piece of content. Their response was usually "use Scarlet Witch". Do you know how frustrating it was to read that sentence over and over again, not having any version of Scarlet Witch? Now think how much more annoying it would've been if that response had been "just use Thanos", a champion gated behind insane odds, crazy unit prices and a once a year event? Trophy champions should never be the best option for any piece of content in the game. I don't really care if they ever get buffed, but they shouldn't be put on Magneto's level, as you suggested
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    I think instead of reworking them give them updated synergies. You can give them self synergies like Mojo has. Plus some extra to make them good. Thanos should get 15× attack for every black order member or something like that. Like the Kang Apoc synergy is awesome.
    Trophy champions should be as good as they are named no matter what. They are "trophy" champs because they are hard to get and should feel amazing when given them. Its supposed to be a feel good motive behind trophy.. not trash champ
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    Trophy or not Thanos should 100 percent be better than he is. The MCU (which is what a lot of the characters in the game are based on) spent 7 YEARS building a storyline about thanos and hes insanely powerful in the comics but absolutley terrible in this game with literally no use aside from arena fodder. He deserves a buff not just becuase some people have spent a fortune to get him but to actually honor the character from the comics and the movies
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Ultron for sure. You get him for actually using skill and doing all of lol. So yes I hope he does get a buff. And also become accessible as a 6*.

The other 2 I feel would be too controversial. At the end of the day you basically only get them for spending money, so if they made them BGT, then it’ll have that P to W aspect (marginal but still), which some really won’t like.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I think that buffs and overhauls should focus on widely available champions in the first place. Only when the game is in a state where majority of champs are at least usable will be the time to buff these rare, unobtainable champions.

And while I understand that you think that money should get you better champs, but why dont you invest the money into something else?

Ultron for sure. You get him for actually using skill and doing all of lol. So yes I hope he does get a buff. And also become accessible as a 6*.

The other 2 I feel would be too controversial. At the end of the day you basically only get them for spending money, so if they made them BGT, then it’ll have that P to W aspect (marginal but still), which some really won’t like.

I understand your point....and i respect the fact that some people are FTP. But is KABAM not a business like any other? IE they need MONEY to continue to create content? Look for the guys that complain about p2w etc i get it....you want something and you cant have it because other people are willing to spend where you arent. But thats like anything else in life. If i have a car and someone is willing to spend more to buy one they get something better. Its that simple. The spenders should be rewarded with something for spending thats what keeps the game alive for the f2p players. Without them we wouldnt be having this conversation. So for me if KABAM made the trophy champs a lot better fine by me. You invest more you should get more. And lets be honest there are PLENTY of other champs in this game that can get content done if you know how to use them. I just dont get this skill vs pay thing as if spending money on the game is a crime
    Kerneas said:

I think that buffs and overhauls should focus on widely available champions in the first place. Only when the game is in a state where majority of champs are at least usable will be the time to buff these rare, unobtainable champions.

And while I understand that you think that money should get you better champs, but why dont you invest the money into something else?

Because its made avaliable for people to invest their money into this by the company that makes it. Whats wrong with that? Its not for anybody else to decide what people spend their money on. If they have earned it they should be free to spend on whatever they choose to.

Kerneas said:

Because its made avaliable for people to invest their money into this by the company that makes it. Whats wrong with that? Its not for anybody else to decide what people spend their money on. If they have earned it they should be free to spend on whatever they choose to.
    Sure, but why spend it on Kang and Thanos? These arent buffed, and imho shouldnt be. And if you wanna help the game by investing, this isn't a relevant argument, because the offers are so diverse: you can buy, units, cards, class crystals, shards, occasionally some bonus popups, cavs, featured cavs...and flex trophies. You can get better champs by investing your money somewehere else. The offers are plenty and you cant just say "one outta 20 options has champs that arent good, buff them so that I can invest"
    Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

Sure, but why spend it on Kang and Thanos? These arent buffed, and imho shouldnt be. And if you wanna help the game by investing, this isn't a relevant argument, because the offers are so diverse: you can buy, units, cards, class crystals, shards, occasionally some bonus popups, cavs, featured cavs...and flex trophies. You can get better champs by investing your money somewehere else. The offers are plenty and you cant just say "one outta 20 options has champs that arent good, buff them so that I can invest"
    Im not saying they should buff them so people spend more money. Im saying what does it matter if they buff them when some people already have them. It doesnt hurt anybody. There seems to be a stigma attached to people that spend in the game in this community and i dont understand it.
  • PizzaGuy245PizzaGuy245 Posts: 45
    tbh,if we're talking trophy champs then i think Ultron should 100% get a upgrade,since he's the only trophy champ out of those that is and will be available to everyone.

Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

Im not saying they should buff them so people spend more money. Im saying what does it matter if they buff them when some people already have them. It doesnt hurt anybody. There seems to be a stigma attached to people that spend in the game in this community and i dont understand it.
    I have absolutely no problem with people spending money on this game. It is stupid to shun someone just because he/she spends money on this game. If they have the money, their choice.

But as I understand it, op argumented, that trophy champions should be buffed, so that people can spend money on them. And I think that there are so many offers, that this argument is invalid.

And also, it doesn't technically harm anybody, but buffing these 2 rare champions would delay buffs of widely available champs. And with the popularity of overhauls, it would make players very displeased
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Personally, I think if they do decide to buff trophy champs it should be done after all the other accessible champs are buffed. Even then, I don’t think the buffs should be anything insane. Make these champs usable so the players who have them are actually able to enjoy them, but don’t make them crazy enough so that they become essential counters for certain scenarios so that the majority of the player base aren’t at a disadvantage. While it would be nice to see some of these trophy champs like Thanos reflect their in universe power levels, I feel it should be balanced enough so that these rare champs are usable without passing any of the top counters for certain scenarios in their respective classes.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

Nuff them real good

Big Up Sound Bwoy!! *Air Horns*