**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How worth it is red guardian?

IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hey all,
I just pulled a 5* red guardian from the 5* basic from the tier 7 casket, and was wondering how good he is. I have a 2 5* science AGs as well as multiple sig stones. My science roster is posted below. Is he worth it?
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• Lordchungus575Lordchungus575 Posts: 63
    Yes He is if your not focused on AW if you ARE focused on AW and AQ then go for torch Also i would highly recommend Quake
  • Lordchungus575Lordchungus575 Posts: 63

Hey all,
    I just pulled a 5* red guardian from the 5* basic from the tier 7 casket, and was wondering how good he is. I have a 2 5* science AGs as well as multiple sig stones. My science roster is posted below. Is he worth it?

Also thing would be good for alliance war defense but whatever floats your boat
  • A7madD1wA7madD1w Posts: 103

Yes He is if your not focused on AW if you ARE focused on AW and AQ then go for torch Also i would highly recommend Quake

don't awaken quake, she doesn't need it
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    He's pretty much a bang average champion apart from his buff immunity, which is niche but very powerful in the right scenarios
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I use him for synergy with abomination. Otherwise he really shines in his niche and is pretty solid but not amazing outerwise.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Most of the people I see who've taken him to 5r5s200 "don't use him very much" -- but they don't seem to regret it either.

I'd say wait for Beardo or Void. If not those, then even Thing is the better choice imo. Great for cheesing certain things and also has that Thing defense if you war.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Buff immunity is nice but he is too niche.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I have him at R4 and I only use him for the Dormammu on my path in Map 6 whenever Quake is in War. I find him really fun to play but I can't justify R5'ing him anytime soon.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    edited March 2021
    I took him to r3 and sig 60. Probably going to keep him there for a bit. Might r4 him soon, maybe r5 in future, but I’m gonna save my stones for cap or void. I do really enjoy him as a champion though
  • Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
    I dont like the fact that you cant take blocked hits with rg. And u need to build him like starky. So I dont generally use him.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    I used to take him on the science cavalier path before they changed it.

https://youtu.be/MxE0ioEFazs
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    I like him especially the damage on his sp2 at max charged. Unfortunately he's got a lot of issue. First, you can't parry with him unless you want to lose your charges which forces you into a dex, dex playstyle (A reason I'm never ranking up Sparky) Another is that his debuffs don't last long. They need to last an additional 1.5-2 secs tbh. Otherwise, give him some sort of enervate or reduce opponent power rate so you stay aggressive without pushing the opponent to their sp3. If you don't have BWDO for unstoppable on heavy, it's impossible to maintain the debuffs.
    That said, he really shines in his niche and that sp2 damage blows my mind every time it crits.