**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How i can fixed this?

duallTyduallTy Posts: 47
edited March 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hello guys i need your help, how i can fixed this problem ?

Ipad Mini Generation 5 ( 2019 )
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• duallTyduallTy Posts: 47
    And that, and when i play arena or upgrade hero everthing is to big, i want to make smaller.

Exemple to Galaxy S8 i see when i select Champions 1 lin have 8 and with this i have 1 line 4.
    if it is possible to make the resolution better
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★

the spikes at the top?

also glad to see global hasn’t changed

What's wrong with baths
  • Not sure it’s clear what you are asking about ?

Is the game not filling to the width of the physical screen for that device ?

If why is Abomination appearing overly large for the character space in his profile, I think it's just that several of the larger size champs appear to do that.

If about the “spikes” at top of screen, they are the lower strip from what is the Drop-Down Menu (Fight - Alliance - Store, etc). That has been that way for a very long time now. Think they might have enlarges the graphics of the Menu to include extra spikes at top/bottom, without adjusting how many pixels get pushed off the screen when you collapse the Menu, so what looks like Spikes have always appeared at top ever since.

If about how many columns of items/champs/etc appear in grid-view (which you didn’t show in any pics), that is basically dictated by whether the device is one of the extra-wide relative dimensions (some Samsung tablets, and many phones), versus the more squar'ish (not as wide) devices (most Apple iPads and some other android tablets). Note, that also plays into the positioning of the champ icons and their buffs, as well as SP Poser Bars/Button during fights (positions are different depending on device screen dimensions.

see and in arena i have only 3 in line
  • My iPad (not Mini) is same. 4 across in Roster, 3 across in Arena and Quest selection.

If you have 8 in regular Roster view that actually seems excessively small, I’ve seen pics either 5 or 6 (instead of 4) for the wider screen devices, but don’t think I’ve ever seen 8.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    skorpyo said:

What device are you using?
    Depending on model and device, that line can range from 3-6. It's not a bug, only device dependant.
    Perhaps rotational locking can work
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 906 ★★★
    skorpyo said:

That's all to do with what device you are playing on. If I'm playing on my phone compared to my tablet, I will see different amount of champs per line. It's completely normal.
    edited March 2021
    i have Ipad mini 5, and it's ugly as you can see.
    because on other iphone S8 is great resolution, and to my wife phone and there... but to ipad ....

PS: ipad mini have resolution 2048 x 1536, and im sure 100% mcoc is not loading that resolution.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    skorpyo said:

i have Ipad mini 5, and it's ugly as you can see.
    because on other iphone S8 is great resolution, and to my wife phone and there... but to ipad ....

PS: ipad mini have resolution 2048 x 1536, and im sure 100% mcoc is not loading that resolution.

That resolution creates a 4:3 aspect ratio. That's the determining factor on the UI layout. You're not using a wide-screen device so it's not going to give you a wide-screen layout.
    and i can change to see more ?or i need to change ipad ^_^
    know somebody how to change and or fixed this?
    yes but Kabam can do nothing about this ?
    Kabam you can check here please and to help me and others who have this problem?

Because I don’t think all need to change phone or tablet to can have resolution normal
    Kabam staff can replay to this topic?
    this is not good, because i buy this ipad for play marvel contest of champions :|
    is to big bro dimensions, and i think kabam can do something, to can give us acces to change resolution or something,
  • Are the size of your champs, and the distances between them, and distances covered by Medium swipe attacks and SP's, etc, also proportionally way too large (in you opinion) too ?
    Because I really doubt that.

Or is it just the Champ Grid display you are complaining about ?

They aren’t gonna change the “stretch dimensions” of a champ icons proportionally with that of your screen, so in keeping the icons basically square'ish they adjust how many columns of champs are available to fit on the screen depending on device aspect ratio.
    Otherwise a champ icon in their grid view on one screen could be square, but on another screen would be stretched into a rectangle and the champ would look like they were in one of those funhouse mirrors (fat or skinny).
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Those broken bits at the top of the screen were reported , literally 1 year ago, in March 2020. I see it all the time on my iPad 6th generation.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/188890/anyone-else-notice-this#latest

@Kabam Miike replied in April 2020 and then the issue was forgotten and swept under the rug like various other visual issues I’ve posted about.

To understand from 2020 March is this problem , to understand is pass 1 year and the problem is not fixed. is not god this..

because i dont understand something to Samsung S8 i see great everything, and to my wife phone iphone 8 the same, but to ipad no.. and to ipad the display is big and normal need to be more great the samsung s8 and iphone 8
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    you can tag the moderator however much you want, they will just say that they can't do anything about it as Apple is the one that created the apple devices. just because the ipad aspect ration is not in your favor you will notice that ipad is in many way superior than what a iphone does. Ipad is made to be used for heavy usage such as drawing very rich ultra level art or play heavy games. MCOC being one of the heavy game because of it's rich animations. i love my ipad so much of what it can do. when i'm really bored during arena i can enter netflix i can do an miniatyr mirror to play a move while i grind.

what i'm trying to say is that you are worrying too much about the aspect ration and not seeing how much of an benefit it is for you. play more and you will get used to it and fall in love.
    Daddrieda said:

you can tag the moderator however much you want, they will just say that they can't do anything about it as Apple is the one that created the apple devices. just because the ipad aspect ration is not in your favor you will notice that ipad is in many way superior than what a iphone does. Ipad is made to be used for heavy usage such as drawing very rich ultra level art or play heavy games. MCOC being one of the heavy game because of it's rich animations. i love my ipad so much of what it can do. when i'm really bored during arena i can enter netflix i can do an miniatyr mirror to play a move while i grind.

what i'm trying to say is that you are worrying too much about the aspect ration and not seeing how much of an benefit it is for you. play more and you will get used to it and fall in love.

What are you talking about ? Of course Kabam can do something ... like find out what devices are affected and take steps to try and fix the busted looking top of the screen. It wasn’t always like this. Forget the aspect ratio. And yes, I know it’s not a priority. It wasn’t a priority a year ago so does that mean visual bugs just aren’t important and don’t get any attention?? Wouldn’t you and kabam like the game to be at its best ?
  • For what the OP seems to be complaining about (the number of columns worth of Champs in the Grid View when looking at roster or selecting a team), that is NOT BROKEN. It is just how they've decided to lay them out, versus a wider-aspect dimensions device.

Guess they could decide to make the actual champ icons smaller (in order to fit more columns worth on screen), but would probably just be for Tablets (not overall smaller Phones else they would be really small) amongst the more squarish design devices. But currently design is NOT A BUG.

As for top Spikes on screen, width of the Menu Bar that gets collapsed when you close the amend could have been specified a little better so the bottom spikes of the Menu also become collapsed and off-screen. But doesn’t sound like that's what OP is necessarily talking about. Yes, those Spikes are a visual distraction since they modified the Menu Bar a while back.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    MikeHock said:

Daddrieda said:

What are you talking about ? Of course Kabam can do something ... like find out what devices are affected and take steps to try and fix the busted looking top of the screen. It wasn’t always like this. Forget the aspect ratio. And yes, I know it’s not a priority. It wasn’t a priority a year ago so does that mean visual bugs just aren’t important and don’t get any attention?? Wouldn’t you and kabam like the game to be at its best ?
    Sir, the issue of this thread is about aspect ratio. The user want to be able to see everything like the user normally does on user’s phone(s). The user is experiencing that the iPad is not feeling the same as the phone(s) gave to the user’s experience.
    thanks guys for post, but i think dont care about this topic, because i dont see memeber from staff is coming here to said something, and how said up other member, this from is from 2020 March.. and i think will not be fixed soon, or ever ..