**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Advantage for Bifrost Side Event Overcompensation

IWCIWC Posts: 104 ★★
Background

There are some players who have received extra Uru and Raven feather due to an initial bug that caused them to lag behind the progression with the rest of those who are U/C and above. However, these players were over-compensated which placed them at an advancement advantage. While most of the Odin's rewards are good, this article focus on the Tier 10 and above rewards.

Some of the players have expressed concerns about the advantage this presents - this mathematical calculation focus only on the T5CC crystal fragment which is the rarest commodity in the game currently.

Date and Earliest Tier Achievable

We know the amount of Uru that is required to unlock each tier of the Odin's casket.
Casket 8 requires 75 and 9 requires 100.
While each run of tier 8 gives you 10 Uru and tier 9 gives you 11.

Based on the calculation of a regular U/C and above, the earliest that one will be able to reach Tier 9 is 20 Mar, after which, it will be another 10 days on the 30 Mar that will allow him to start in Tier 10. The event ends of 7 Apr, which means that a regular player will be able to do 9 days of Tier 10.

By comparison, someone with the extra Uru would be able to start as early as 17 Mar (ref: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/254880/odins-bifrost-gauntlet-tiers-8-9-and-10#latest) . This means that he will be doing Tier 10 runs for a total of 22 times. This translates to an extra 13 days worth of Tier 10 and hence 13 more T5CC fragment.

Evaluation and possible next steps

Again, the purpose of this calculation is to demonstrate the magnitude of the advantage that the extra Uru have created.

Possible and most direct solution is for KABAM to provide the rest of us the same amount of extra Uru and Raven Feather that the other players have been provided so that we are marked to the same amount of rewards.

If this means that I would need to return a couple days of Tier 6 packaged rewards of 1050 T4B frags and 250 T1A frag, please confiscate it as required. As long as I get the T5CC that would bring me close to my next 6* R3, it does feel less painful by comparison.

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★

So let me guess you want free rewards

Asking for fairness is not the same as asking for free rewards!
    I guess so
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Also, don't forget the shards that come with that. That's almost 13k shards more than what everyone else will get.
    I agree with what people said, limiting the number of entries would be an easy way to solve this. I don't think Kabam would want to give the extra uru to everyone.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

If the advantage was somehow game breaking or imbalancing, they would have taken action. It's not the end of all things just and holy if someone got extra.

Totally unrelated, but were you in support of the one week bans for people who ran the side quest two extra times?
    I was in support of them taking action on the people who took advantage of the open door. I wasn't the one that set the limit.