**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Advantage for Bifrost Side Event Overcompensation

Comments

• Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Odachi said:

Those who have objected or just outright derailed the thread probably are at severley lower progression point in the game and they aren't relevant.

Or they realize we're talking about a game and it is not worth crying about it if you got everything you were promised but someone else got more.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    SWORD78 said:

Wubbie075 said:

Odachi said:

Those who have objected or just outright derailed the thread probably are at severley lower progression point in the game and they aren't relevant.

Or they realize we're talking about a game and it is not worth crying about it if you got everything you were promised but someone else got more.
    Don’t remember anyone crying and games are meant for fun and enjoyment and if players are getting treated unfairly whats the fun in that?
    What other people get on their accounts in no way inhibits my enjoyment of the game. Why does it affect your fun? Again, you are getting everything you were promised.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Wubbie075 said:

SWORD78 said:

Wubbie075 said:

Odachi said:

Don’t remember anyone crying and games are meant for fun and enjoyment and if players are getting treated unfairly whats the fun in that?
    What other people get on their accounts in no way inhibits my enjoyment of the game. Why does it affect your fun? Again, you are getting everything you were promised.</

Well considering they are getting around 1/4 of a T5B and Way More Extra T5CC crystals yeah it is annoying to be treated like this.
    Btw people who get their game glitched get a lot of extra 10k Iso bricks, t5b fragments, +5 5* Sig Stones, and one of the most Valuable resources in the game T5 Class Catalysts
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Actually can someone enlight me about the basis of compensation? I don't quite get it why a bugs or lags in the first few days would lead to almost double feathers and uru. Its a bit strange indeed. I think those players who experienced bugs / lags are entitled a compensation, yet the amount is subject to challenge.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

@GroundedWisdom That is such utter nonsense you said , i will not lie

How so? I said the overall effect relates to how many people got it, and how many of those will be playing the highest Tiers. That's pretty undeniable. I also said I wasn't acutely bothered by people getting something I don't. It happens all the time. The overall effect on the game itself is always the topic when we're discussing these problems. If it was a large number of Players gaining that advantage, it would change the overall effect. A handful of people getting something I didn't isn't going to bother me on principle. My eyes are on my own plate. It wasn't the result of cheating or exploitation. It was a glitch. If it's more stress and work to go back and make sure everyone gets the extra, then I'm cool with not caring about it. It's not the end of the world.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

@GroundedWisdom That is such utter nonsense you said , i will not lie

It's what he does best. He enjoys being the most loud nonsensical member of this community.

On topic, 26% T5CC is a lot. That's around $150 worth, perhaps. It might help me push to TB faster if I was affected as I have 3 T5CC frags at 80%.

They should just limit the runs for Tier 10. I don't mind them getting more Tier 9 runs. An extra 5* crystal ain't gamechanging.
    "He" is entitled to feel however he wants on the subject. I ain't losing any sleep over it. If people want to get righteously indignant because a small number of people have something not everyone does, by all means.
    "Ah, but nobody ever said life was fair, Tina." -
    Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    edited March 2021
    SWORD78 said:

JessieS said:

Oh my god the constant envy in this game is so pathetic . Yes some players got lucky thanks to Kabams bugs and will have a few more resources then us so what? Be happy for them instead of trying to tear them down or beg for more

So if hypothetically if almost everyone got extra rewards let’s say 5k 6* shards and half of a t5b except for you, you’d be okay with that?

Ok buddy
    The mere fact that you have to drastically change the situation to make your attitude look less embarrassing and petty says more then I ever could .... buddy
    Crcrcrc said:

JessieS said:

SWORD78 said:

JessieS said:

Oh my god the constant envy in this game is so pathetic . Yes some players got lucky thanks to Kabams bugs and will have a few more resources then us so what? Be happy for them instead of trying to tear them down or beg for more

So if hypothetically if almost everyone got extra rewards let’s say 5k 6* shards and half of a t5b except for you, you’d be okay with that?

Ok buddy
    The mere fact that you have to drastically change the situation to make your attitude look less embarrassing and petty says more then I ever could .... buddy
    Actually they drastically understated what the rewards we are left out on are. It’s closer to 26% t5cc plus almost half a t5b, and sigs and some other stuff.
    I mean you know I am talking about the fact that he changed the situation to almost everyone instead of a few people the way it is know .....
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    SWORD78 said:

Pulyaman said:

An extra 26% t5cc is an insane amount to miss out on.

It is an insane amount to miss out on. There have been some good suggestions like putting a hard lock like 10 times so people who got the extra Uru don't run amok and get more t5cc. But, kabam will also look at the work vs reward ratio and if the number of people that got the extra is small enough, then they will not do anything.

People also bringing up the side event don't understand that the number of people who ran it multiple times would have been large enough for them to take action. We already have a precendent that they don't take action sometimes like the AG fiasco.

At the end of the day, should kabam take action? Yes. Will they? Don't think so. Do I care if they don't? No

This would be like if people who exploited Treasure Mutant Island and got a ton of 6* Shards and Fabulous Crystals with Units got to do this continuously and got to keep the rewards
    Kabam usually don't bother with anything other than units. I am not sure, but I think the main problem with the side event was you could infinitely farm units which does cause problem for Kabam, which is why there was a ban. Other than that, I don't know if they have ever corrected a resource exploit in the game. I don't know how many people got these additional rewards, but if it is truly a lot, then hopefully Kabam will step up and limit the entries. But seeing that no one from Kabam has responded to this thread nor the original side event thread, I don't think they will.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    @Pulyaman said:

SWORD78 said:

Pulyaman said:

An extra 26% t5cc is an insane amount to miss out on.

It is an insane amount to miss out on. There have been some good suggestions like putting a hard lock like 10 times so people who got the extra Uru don't run amok and get more t5cc. But, kabam will also look at the work vs reward ratio and if the number of people that got the extra is small enough, then they will not do anything.

People also bringing up the side event don't understand that the number of people who ran it multiple times would have been large enough for them to take action. We already have a precendent that they don't take action sometimes like the AG fiasco.

At the end of the day, should kabam take action? Yes. Will they? Don't think so. Do I care if they don't? No

This would be like if people who exploited Treasure Mutant Island and got a ton of 6* Shards and Fabulous Crystals with Units got to do this continuously and got to keep the rewards
    Kabam usually don't bother with anything other than units. I am not sure, but I think the main problem with the side event was you could infinitely farm units which does cause problem for Kabam, which is why there was a ban. Other than that, I don't know if they have ever corrected a resource exploit in the game. I don't know how many people got these additional rewards, but if it is truly a lot, then hopefully Kabam will step up and limit the entries. But seeing that no one from Kabam has responded to this thread nor the original side event thread, I don't think they will.
    I think this may help a little.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16846/regarding-repeat-quest-rewards-exploit-clarification-added

26% extra t5cc is huge. We have seen countless cases here of people being just shy of a t5cc or something for TB and this extra 26% could have changed. Not to mention that there's also a lot of extra t5 basic and 5* sigs which are incredibly helpful for the average cavalier summoner such as myself. The best option here is to limit the number of entries.

And the amount of Iso that they are getting per run

They get 5 of the 10k generic Iso Bricks which is already insane but they are getting to do this even more times then the correct amount

"He" is entitled to feel however he wants on the subject. I ain't losing any sleep over it. If people want to get righteously indignant because a small number of people have something not everyone does, by all means.

If this guy is going for Thronebreaker (which I highly doubt because of his utter lack of skill), he'll also protest the extra 26% T5CC frags. He's always like this. He gets pumped when an issue affects him as he only cares for what affects him directly, otherwise he's just a loud troll.
    What in the hell does going for Thronebreaker have to do with other people getting more? Honestly. You can take as many digs at me as you like, but some people got more through a glitch. It was unfortunate, but it happened. I'm waiting for Thronebreaker. Doesn't mean I'm crying for what others got through a mistake. Petitioning for the spoils of a glitch isn't in my wheelhouse. Is it that foreign of a concept to just be happy for people? No, that can't be possible.

If this guy is going for Thronebreaker (which I highly doubt because of his utter lack of skill), he'll also protest the extra 26% T5CC frags. He's always like this. He gets pumped when an issue affects him as he only cares for what affects him directly, otherwise he's just a loud troll.
    What in the hell does going for Thronebreaker have to do with other people getting more? Honestly. You can take as many digs at me as you like, but some people got more through a glitch. It was unfortunate, but it happened. I'm waiting for Thronebreaker. Doesn't mean I'm crying for what others got through a mistake. Petitioning for the spoils of a glitch isn't in my wheelhouse. Is it that foreign of a concept to just be happy for people? No, that can't be possible.
    26% extra t5cc could very well have pushed a summoner to thronebreaker. We understand that it's not the players fault and I hope no one blames the players. But there has to be some equality in place. It's not like Kabam can't do anything when they clearly can.
    There is no equality in MCOC. Players who spend money clearly have an advantage over f2p players . Why should I care if some people get a benefit from a bug instead of by using cash ? I can certainly understand why Kabam would care since it would cut into their profits if this becomes more widespread but it doesn’t effect me in any way shape of form