**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Red Goblin incursions beast room 18( with more to go)

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
Hello,
I wanted to do some follow up with my latest rank 3.. Red Goblin. I decided to take him into incursions all the way into Room 18. I can say that he was an absolute monster. So i was running a lot of physical Resistance buffs for him which helped out his block prof significantly, it wasn’t uncommon to see a perfect block every now and again on parries ( entropic shield) was the one that made his well timed blocks sustainable.

For offense there are plenty of nodes but basically anything that has fury enchantment , buff enchantment and armor break potency etc. where red goblin shines is he can stack so many incinerates and armor breaks on opponents that the damage is actually insane he got me through a ton of fights I didn’t think he would.

I ran into a lot of spiders and he was just destroying them left and right and allowed me to focus on the node.

One thing I kept running into was falter debuffs and silver surfer for some reason , silver surfer although he wasn’t doing damage through energy damage he was able to get that phase under control. During falter, I was actually able to heal a ton from it while maintaining my miss mechanic.

There is one particulars set of fights where I felt glad to have him, it was against anything with crazy power gain or spite , an energize buff helped me secure the fight fairly easy.

There is a huge CON! This was him losing a fight basically kills all of the work you did in the dungeons , one death can quickly get you into trouble. I actually had an extremely difficult time against a magneto ( suck at fighting him) and took me twice to kill him off. My red goblin lost all of his utility, and it didn’t feel fair that most champs that ramp up ( VTD, Corvus , Cull, Morningstar) all get to keep their perks and he loses his with one death.

Anyways , very happy with him so far and can’t believe he made it on my team each time !

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I love Roblin, but he the worst ramp up mechanic in the game.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

Ehhhhh VTD is has a repulsive rampup.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

VTD actually you spend a little time in one fight and you basically don’t lose your buffs.

Roblin I felt that as the rooms got progressively harder the reward got worse, venom was someone I couldn’t bring to preserve his charges.

I do think he is better for incursions than CGR because he has access to so much utility from his buffs; mainly the power drain one and the ability to miss. But, CGR doesn’t have a ramp up which is consistent. I don’t regret my R3 but that slight tweak can make him a monster.

I do see them changing him slightly in the future to make it not so punishing to die and to ramp up quicker.

Ugh, he does. I forgot he existed if I'm being honest. I really dislike the character. Not because of his kit or anything, I just can't stand looking at him.
    Anyways, with VtD's rampup, you don't need to worry about ever losing the charges once you get them, but with Roblin, you lose them and his ramped up state isn't powerful enough to warrant that harsh of a penalty for losing a fight.
    Well said. Although at 5 charges the damage gets up there , I don’t think it warrants a harsh penalty either. I’m sure they will see that ramping up a champ for 5 fights then having them lose it all is not worth it . Especially, for developing players.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    He's a monster, the only weakness of him is his slow ramp up
    slacker said:

He's a monster, the only weakness of him is his slow ramp up

And the ability to lose that ramp up, I experienced it first hand