**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mephisto is unbeatable in the new challenge with the combination high regen and endless aura

Comments

• AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    Zapp wrote: »
    People saying he is unbeatable are the ones who've been playing less than a year and demanding a free 5* for the way the game has been lately.. y'all are part of what's wrong with the game

No, what's wrong with the game is what is wrong with the game. It's an "unavoidable damage" party, Contest of Wallet Warriors, Contenst of 0 Skill (I could go on)

There isn't a single champ in this quest who does actual unavoidable damage. There is not any actual unavoidable damage in the entire game if you play well (iceman is the exception if you don't have mephisto, iceman does unavoidable damage)

I don't agree with this. Unless you have the right champ/get lucky/have pacify, limbo is unavoidable. Dormammu, there's a reason Kabam gave us an unawakened one as AQ boss. Mephisto doesn't bait sometimes and if you get into a corner, his aura can kill you no matter how much you evade
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    People saying he is unbeatable are the ones who've been playing less than a year and demanding a free 5* for the way the game has been lately.. y'all are part of what's wrong with the game

No, what's wrong with the game is what is wrong with the game. It's an "unavoidable damage" party, Contest of Wallet Warriors, Contenst of 0 Skill (I could go on)

There isn't a single champ in this quest who does actual unavoidable damage. There is not any actual unavoidable damage in the entire game if you play well (iceman is the exception if you don't have mephisto, iceman does unavoidable damage)

I don't agree with this. Unless you have the right champ/get lucky/have pacify, limbo is unavoidable. Dormammu, there's a reason Kabam gave us an unawakened one as AQ boss. Mephisto doesn't bait sometimes and if you get into a corner, his aura can kill you no matter how much you evade

AA, xbones negate limbo. Dorm you can 100% avoid all damage no matter his sig, using magik and locking him down so you never trig dexterity. You can just not attack when he has the aura up. I'm not saying it's all easy or even that doable, but if you actually use strategy there's no unavoidable damage outside of coldsnap.
  • xxhp3arroj3y.png
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    ariebrkl wrote: »
    Mephisto is unbeatable in the new challenge with the combination high regen and endless aura.
    skill revives and units cant help
    what the hell?

This was the easiest challenge yet bro, there are plenty of ways to shut mephisto down, iceman, vulture, hood, visions, any champion that has a stagger ability. Iceman is the best option though. I personally didn't use a single potion or revive and I o my have 1 r4 5*
    Why Vulture? I don’t see anything that would be very good against Mephisto in his set.

Vulture has incinerate immunity.
    Only Mephisto and Iceman dude... Vulture’s dupe makes him immune to the debuff only, he still takes damage from Mephisto’s Aura.

I didn't actually say anything about the aura, although I would have thought that it would work on it since it's an incinerate. They only asked why would people use Vulture, which I answered. He does have incinerate immunity.

From his spotlight:

Signature Ability – Thermal Absorption – Passive

Vulture upgrades his suit to convert excess heat into power allowing him to start the fight at full Chitauri Energy and absorb any Incinerate Debuff applied to him, using it to fill his Chitauri Energy.
    Additionally, while the opponent is Incinerated, Gain 1.02% Power every 0.5 seconds.

In point of fact Vulture does not have incinerate immunity nor does his description say he does. It says he absorbs incinerate debuffs. A debuff is an effect placed on the target that delivers some bad effect. Mephisto's most dangerous incinerate damage comes from his aura which does not place a debuff on the target, it directly deals incinerate damage. Champions immune to incinerate damage are immune to that damage, like Iceman. Vulture is not immune to that kind of damage, so he takes damage from Mephisto's aura of incineration.

I think Mephisto's special one delivers incinerate debuffs which Vulture could absorb. But if you are consistently getting hit by special one I don't think you're going to survive the fight with Vulture. I believe if someone is fighting Mephisto with Vulture, they are mistaken about his abilities.
  • Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    No everyone has a rank 4 5 star SL. Do itwith the 4 star then we can talk. Mephisto is just another move from kabam that made me retire

If you're not playing anymore you shouldn't be trolling on the forums.

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Maybe I played Morningstar completely wrong but I had a hard time out hitting her Regen. Even with ghost Rider

I can help you out there. Morningstar gets the buffs you are getting. In other words, she was regenerating because your Ghostrider was regenerating. She doesn't have any extra buffs if you use someone who gains none, like Vision.

The stealing enemy buffs is her sig ability.

Interesting. Thanks for that. So just a good ole fashioned bleed immune champ will do then
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    ariebrkl wrote: »
    Mephisto is unbeatable in the new challenge with the combination high regen and endless aura.
    skill revives and units cant help
    what the hell?

This was the easiest challenge yet bro, there are plenty of ways to shut mephisto down, iceman, vulture, hood, visions, any champion that has a stagger ability. Iceman is the best option though. I personally didn't use a single potion or revive and I o my have 1 r4 5*
    Why Vulture? I don’t see anything that would be very good against Mephisto in his set.

Vulture has incinerate immunity.
    Only Mephisto and Iceman dude... Vulture’s dupe makes him immune to the debuff only, he still takes damage from Mephisto’s Aura.

I didn't actually say anything about the aura, although I would have thought that it would work on it since it's an incinerate. They only asked why would people use Vulture, which I answered. He does have incinerate immunity.

From his spotlight:

Signature Ability – Thermal Absorption – Passive

Vulture upgrades his suit to convert excess heat into power allowing him to start the fight at full Chitauri Energy and absorb any Incinerate Debuff applied to him, using it to fill his Chitauri Energy.
    Additionally, while the opponent is Incinerated, Gain 1.02% Power every 0.5 seconds.

In point of fact Vulture does not have incinerate immunity nor does his description say he does. It says he absorbs incinerate debuffs. A debuff is an effect placed on the target that delivers some bad effect. Mephisto's most dangerous incinerate damage comes from his aura which does not place a debuff on the target, it directly deals incinerate damage. Champions immune to incinerate damage are immune to that damage, like Iceman. Vulture is not immune to that kind of damage, so he takes damage from Mephisto's aura of incineration.

I think Mephisto's special one delivers incinerate debuffs which Vulture could absorb. But if you are consistently getting hit by special one I don't think you're going to survive the fight with Vulture. I believe if someone is fighting Mephisto with Vulture, they are mistaken about his abilities.

Well, that's fine. I'm not making the argument to use Vulture. Again, someone just asked why some people were mentioning Vulture and I was just pointing out the signature ability.

Although I think your cutting hairs with that he absorbs the incinerates vs being immune, it still effectively nullifies being incinerated.

In either case, not sure why everyone feels the need to comment on it anymore. I still didn't actually ever say anything about the aura either. Someone asked why were people talking about Vulture, so I brought up the incinerate protection. I did phrase it as an immunity, but for practical purposes that's what it does (plus the power gain is nice).

As for working on the aura or not... I had no idea whether it would... but I'm also surprised it doesn't. Had never tested it myself. Good to know.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

A duped dorm does unavoidable damage with the interaction of dexterity. Limbo is unavoidable damage ( masteries an counter champs don't count). Now what about the unavoidable damage nodes like slashed tire, starburst, all the new degen nodes
  • Beat the Goldblum challenge no problem.

Used every revive I had and spent 300 units. Still can’t beat him. I’ve never been so frustrated at this game. Every 2nd or 3rd hit he gains incineration and then backs me into a corner. I can’t stay alive with vision long enough to get to s2 to heal block him.
  • Never_Give_UpNever_Give_Up Posts: 36
    Yap. I spent all my units and pots. Nothing left. Been going round in circles between 30k - 50k. Goodbye Kabam, this is the last straw. Putting the game down.
    thodalos wrote: »
    Beat the Goldblum challenge no problem.

Used every revive I had and spent 300 units. Still can’t beat him. I’ve never been so frustrated at this game. Every 2nd or 3rd hit he gains incineration and then backs me into a corner. I can’t stay alive with vision long enough to get to s2 to heal block him.

• Shooter708Shooter708 Posts: 46
    Have to admit the introduction of 6 star champs and this Mephisto boss is an impossible challenge. It appears the Kabaam has jumped the shark wth this new introduction of champs and all this does is discourage a large majority of players and want to make them quit the game. Way to go Kabaam, you just made the game about getting people to spend massive amounts of mo way to even attempt content. Welcome to the world of MZ. Good luck.
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

A duped dorm does unavoidable damage with the interaction of dexterity. Limbo is unavoidable damage ( masteries an counter champs don't count). Now what about the unavoidable damage nodes like slashed tire, starburst, all the new degen nodes

You can fight dorm and never trigger dexterity, but ya if you're talking about masteries and champs not counting as counters then for sure there's a ton. Someone like abom does unavoidable damage by that measure
  • I’ve never really thought about quitting before but I don’t see a way out at this point. I’ve been playing for 2 years and still no star lord or scarlet witch duped spidey, etc, etc. it might be time to take my money elsewhere.
  • I was down to my last revive when I beat him with my 4* Hulk. You have to hit him to interrupt his healing every time you revive once he's down to 40,000 hit points.

Nothing interrupts his healing, lol. It's a new way of healing, not a buff so you can't nullify it. However you can heal block him, an awakened Dr oc would've been nice for the newer players, like I said it was easy for me, no revives or potions

I guess you didn't have trouble or had to revive. However, some people like myself and a lot of others had trouble with Mephisto. He would heal every time I revived taking away all of my work. Maybe hitting him didn't help when he would heal 7K after I got him down to 13K hit points but it did feel good.

As for everyone else, this post was created by someone who got frustrated with the game and people replying to help him out. If you want Brag about how easy it was for you then start a post "Boss Challenge was so easy" and brag there. Rest of us don't care. It you want more of a challenge pick up another game.

I know what I did wrong now that I watched seatin and other Youtubers beat it easily, evade everything and push through the healing, yet I also saw richtheman have a breakdown on his live stream while losing to Mephisto like the original poster did. He later yanked the stream and posted a short apology video. In barely beating him w/ no potions and 5 units left I feel support for those who failed and we should be helpful.

If you want to brag about beating basically a 6-star beta test no one cares.

Are you kidding me?

#1) stop name dropping. No one car s about these youtubers you are mentioning. They’re not that good. People like you that glorify them don’t make them good.

#2) don’t come to the forums and then complain that you are reading other people’s opinions and experiences. That’s what forums are for.

#3) how can someone that goes to YouTube and forums to learn how to actually not be terrible at the game complain about people “bragging” about their experiences.

#4) what kinda of sense does telling other to shut up cuz you don’t care make? Guess what. WE DONT CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK. we’re all too busy beating content that you can’t even begin to understand.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Use steroids hahaha

jms98vlji0i5.png
  • 1King_Jerry1King_Jerry Posts: 66
    hes not unbeatable u can finish him off in under 175 units. Make him use all his regen charges and use the rest of your characters to beat him up. Also gills can reverse his regen. Yondu/vision can heal block with their l1 and gr can block his aura and regen with his l3. Plenty of options. Mordo can also reduce the regen with his soul barb
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Mr_Chris wrote: »
    No everyone has a rank 4 5 star SL. Do itwith the 4 star then we can talk. Mephisto is just another move from kabam that made me retire

If you're not playing anymore you shouldn't be trolling on the forums.

You are the only here trolling and attacking me personally for no reason.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    “Omg quit crying it was easy”- player with Iceman, a cuncussion champ, $$$, and/or 4/55’s

People have done the challenge with 3* champions so yeah I'd say it isn't that difficult. I one shot mephisto with a 4* starlord, it isn't hard if you learn how to fight against him
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    thodalos wrote: »
    Beat the Goldblum challenge no problem.

A few others have pointed this out, but you should punch Mephisto when he is blocking (when his aura isn't up) to push him into a corner. That leaves you with a lot of space to avoid specials and back off when his Aura is up.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Learn to fight with a champ at maybe rank 4 4 star or higher maybe? You don't need GOD TIER champs that power and heal block and do 20k damage with their special you just have to survive the same fight he regens in even though he was the only true obstacle in that challenge it is doable but not for everyone.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    I used a 4 star 4/40 unduped Quake. But yeah, he was a huge pain.

If you get through the initial heal and keep him below 30%, even if you die, just push him below the threshold where he starts healing. Cause you only died once, he will have 1 soul. So his heal will only be 1 tick. Then just keep him below 30% until you eventually have a good run and one shot him from ~30% health.
  • PedrobarraPedrobarra Posts: 41
    Used a 3* iceman. Unbeatable for you is not unbeatable for everyone
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    “Omg quit crying it was easy”- player with Iceman, a cuncussion champ, $$$, and/or 4/55’s

People have done the challenge with 3* champions so yeah I'd say it isn't that difficult. I one shot mephisto with a 4* starlord, it isn't hard if you learn how to fight against him

I one shot Mephisto with a 3* myself.....just happened to be the Mephisto boss in the Heroic EQ. LOL

I did happen to see 1 youtube post of a guy that beat the last chpt Thor with a 3* Thor, but was a bit curious because it appeared he was doing about as much damage as one of my 4/40's and around the same hit count.

IMHO, I'm one to believe there probably are players that are so focused on the game that they could fight perfectly all the time and rarely need to use boosts or resources to beat difficult content. And if those same players actually complete Act4, 5, Goldblum etc... With an all 3* lineup "easily" and without the need for resources. I'd pay to see their genius wizardry on screen.

BTW, As a slightly above avg. Player(In my own opinion), I have beaten it but cannot go so far as to say it was done easily. I too had a 3* in my lineup, but that was just to utilize a double hp synergy and no way intended for fighting unless it happened to be my only available option left.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Its hilarious how everyone thats saying it is easy used the most OP champs lol..they're on here like "yeah, it's easy bro. ALL I had to use was 5/50 Hulk, Hyperion, SL who does around 16k damage with S2 if combo is nice, Stark Spidey, oh and the only champ thats immune to mephisto, Iceman. Not that hard bro" lmao ...It wouldn't be hard for me either with a God Tier roster fam.

People have done it with teams of 3*s...
    edited October 2017
    It does not take the fact that mephisto is a money scam champ just like hyperion. 5.4 will be full of mephistos and hyperions with stun immune and 200 percent power gain nodes, ahh and mystic ward 100 percent, also a new node called immune to nullify /power lock.
    It does not take the fact that mephisto is a money scam champ just like hyperion. 5.4 will be full of mephistos and hyperions with stun immune and 200 percent power gain nodes, ahh and mystic ward 100 percent, also a new node called immune to nullify /power lock.

Why are you even on here or play the game if you hate everything about the game and are clearly terrible at it?
    edited October 2017

Why are you even on here or play the game if you hate everything about the game and are clearly terrible at it?

First: i dont hate everything about the game

Second: you wont prevent me from being wherever i want

Third: i have right to my opionion wether you like it or not

Fourth: if you disagree with my comment refute it, dont need to attack me personally because i did not do that to you.

Fifth: i am not terrible at the game. Act 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 100 percent. LOL 2 paths done. ROL done. Every single challenge since coulsons done.

First: i dont hate everything about the game

Second: you wont prevent me from being wherever i want

Third: i have right to my opionion wether you like it or not

Fourth: if you disagree with my comment refute it, dont need to attack me personally because i did not do that to you.

Fifth: i am not terrible at the game. Act 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 100 percent. LOL 2 paths done. ROL done. Every single challenge since coulsons done.

I'm asking WHY you're on here, i didn't say you can't or shouldn't. All your posts are complaints, so i'm just wondering why you would even want to play a game you seem to hate everything about.
  • I've beat him but i get what the O.P is saying. Mephisto is a **** to fight, i was using quake style which is effective against him but sometimes all of a sudden he had 1 bar of power then he wrecked me. Also his aura of incineration is too aggressive sometimes, I had fights against him where he didn't have it for the first 15 or 20 hits then i had fights when he got it twice in the first 3 hits and those fights that got me cause you have to keep backing up then all of a sudden you're backed into the corner with nowhere to go. I know it's just the way the cookie crumbles but I'm not looking forward to facing a maxed out 4* or rank 4 5* with high MD in AW as that will not be fun with that aura and power gain from MD. It's funny that the nerfed some great attacking champs in patch 12.0 because they claimed to try balance the game and proceed to release over powered defenders(especially mystics because of MD and It's relation to dexterity). It's clear when the say they wanted to balance the game they really just wanted to make it in their favour