**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Advantage for Bifrost Side Event Overcompensation

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Kabam Boo said:

Summoners,

Upon review of recent concerns regarding potential unfair advantages with regards to players who received additional resources due to a server error, we have decided to temporarily disable Quest Tier 10 until a fair solution can be implemented for all players.

We apologise in advance for any confusion caused in the meantime. Thank you for your continued patience.

Thanks for the speedy response
    How was that speedy :D . It was a good move though.
    Atleast better than them rushing things and making the situation worse though.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Summoners,

Upon review of recent concerns regarding potential unfair advantages with regards to players who received additional resources due to a server error, we have decided to temporarily disable Quest Tier 10 until a fair solution can be implemented for all players.

We apologise in advance for any confusion caused in the meantime. Thank you for your continued patience.

Excellent news. Even if the solution is just restricting the number of t10 runs you can do, letting them run extra t9 over t6/7/8, extra t9 is basically just a couple lucky TB crystals. Much better than the t5cc crystals in t10.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Summoners,

That’s why your my favorite Boo ;)
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

You know what just stop everyone, this is a nothing burger of a thread now and is a waste of the trillions of amounts of data that can be on the internet. The issue discussed is being addressed so please let this thread die and not be constantly pinged to the top. Thnx :)
    #Justice4Joe

I agree. I was just about to post a cat video, but this thread was taking up too much data on the internets
    see guys this guy agrees! Thanks bro!
    I got your back my man
    I got your pamphlets. What are you doing with his back? Distribute these.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

HI_guys said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Lol grounded isnt even thronebreaker after playing this long

What's that got to do with this thread? People play at their own pace mate. It's a game at the end of the day. I have seen people who are not even uncollected after playing for years. Let's keep it on topic :)
    He says that he doesn't care about the extra 26% t5cc but isnt thronbreaker. Any Cav who actually felt like pushing to thronbreaker would value t5cc the most, yet he says he doesn't care. idk man, both this and the fact that he is on the other side of like every major argument makes it seem like he is a troll.
    The extra 26% that someone else gets through a glitch is what "he" doesn't care about. It has nothing to do with being contradictory. If someone else got that through a bug, that has nothing to do with my Account. Would it matter to my Account? Sure. The difference is I'm not expecting to get the same just because of a glitch that affected a small amount of people.
    Didn’t realise people were demanding the same... maybe it’s because nobody is.
    Actually, when someone suggests valuing it, then that implies it affects my Account. Someone else getting it through an error does NOT affect me in the slightest. That's the point. The only basis for the argument that I see is they get it and everyone else doesn't.
    So are you not competitive in this game at all?
    Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.
    So you think the only people who can comment are the ones that agree with status quo? There's a word for that.
    No. It's like one person living in one country expressing why the local pet policy in another country should not be changed. Commenting on stuff that have literally no consequence to you
    It's not like that at all. It has no consequence to anyone if it's not a significant enough leak of Resources, aside from the feeling of fairness.
    Every time I ask the developers for free T5CC catalysts, I tell them it would be an insignificant leak of resources into the game if they only give them to me. And the devs in return tell me it would be an insignificant leak of resources out of the game if they took all my units away.
    I'm not talking about the difference it makes on the Accounts that got the benefit. I'm talking about the overall effect of a small number of Accounts gaining the benefit. It wasn't a matter of people being given anything. It was a glitch. Creating more work than is necessary on principle is a waste of energy as far as I'm concerned. Not unless the effect warrants it. I disagree that it warrants it. There's something to be said for people investing more gusto into preventing others from having something than they do earning their own Rewards.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

(that is assuming OP calculations of 9 Max runs being correct, but would much rather see actual confirmation by DNA or some other reliable source as to whether 9 is the correct number or not)

Assuming someone got 240 Uru right at the start of the event (double the 120 Uru that Uncollected players were supposed to get) they could theoretically buy every casket from one to seven immediately (10+15+20+30+40+50+60 = 225). They would have 15 Uru left. To do that they would need to run Tier 6 once to unlock Casket 6 and Tier 7 once to unlock Casket 7. At this point they've done two runs and have a total of 35 Uru (ten each from those two runs plus the left over).

Casket 8 costs 75 Uru. Five runs of Tier 8 would bring the total Uru to 75. All you need is Casket 9 which costs 100 Uru. Ten runs of Tier 9 earns 110 Uru and allows you to buy Casket 9, which now unlocks Tier 10. At this point you've done 2 + 5 + 10 = 17 total runs. We get 35 feathers, which means theoretically speaking you should be able to do 18 runs of Tier 10.

A normal UC run burns 28 feathers to unlock Tier 10, whereupon there would be 7 runs left of Tier 10. So someone with the double Uru should be able to do 11 more runs of Tier 10. Which kind of makes sense, as we earn either 10 or 11 Uru per run, and 120 Uru should then be an advantage of somewhere between 11 and 12 runs.

I'm not certain how the OP performed their calculations, but I believe the numbers above are accurate; also anyone can double check them to verify.

Eleven extra runs of Tier 10 is a pretty sizeable advantage; it is more than double the number of runs normally possible. I don't see how that could be interpreted as anything other than problematic.

The obvious solution, as other people have mentioned, is to lock Tier 10 to a maximum of seven runs, as that was the maximum possible under the content design. It is not as easy to lock Tier 9, because the structure of the content is such that there's no similar limit on Tier 9. In theory someone could reasonably do 17 runs of Tier 9 if they felt Tier 10 was too difficult or 10 runs if they jumped to Tier 10 as soon as possible and stayed there. If you locked Tier 9 to a maximum of 10 that would hurt players who could not move up to Tier 10 and take away an option explicitly intended to be there. If you lock to 17, that's so soft a lock it almost doesn't matter, as someone with double Uru could then do Tier 10 seven times and Tier 9 seventeen times, with only four feathers left over to dump into tier 8.

More complex locking would start to exponentially increase the likelihood of another bug breaking the content while it is still being run by players.
    That was what I posted some pages back. Locking the highest tier is easy. But it is almost impossible to lock the lower tiers because that is the model of this side quest. It was designed so that people may choose what rewards and what difficulty they wanted to do. T5cc is just the highest and most difficult resource to get right now. Even after locking tier 10, people may complain that t5b is very valuable to fresh cavaliers and it is given unfairly to some people. So the best and only solution seems to be to take away the Uru given away to the select players that got extra. May be put a negative Uru like negative units and make them earn upto tier 10.
    Crcrcrc said:

DrZola said:

I’m genuinely curious now whether one of the indicators the team uses to become aware of game issues is via posting frequency by specific forums members.

Dr. Zola

I wouldn’t doubt it
    Every issue requires a big enough outrage from the community for kabam to look into it. No different this time. Hood - big outrage - rollback buff. Kingpin - not enough outrage - go ahead with the buff. 😂
  • Chacha888Chacha888 Posts: 44
    DNA3000 said:

(that is assuming OP calculations of 9 Max runs being correct, but would much rather see actual confirmation by DNA or some other reliable source as to whether 9 is the correct number or not)

Assuming someone got 240 Uru right at the start of the event (double the 120 Uru that Uncollected players were supposed to get) they could theoretically buy every casket from one to seven immediately (10+15+20+30+40+50+60 = 225). They would have 15 Uru left. To do that they would need to run Tier 6 once to unlock Casket 6 and Tier 7 once to unlock Casket 7. At this point they've done two runs and have a total of 35 Uru (ten each from those two runs plus the left over).

Casket 8 costs 75 Uru. Five runs of Tier 8 would bring the total Uru to 75. All you need is Casket 9 which costs 100 Uru. Ten runs of Tier 9 earns 110 Uru and allows you to buy Casket 9, which now unlocks Tier 10. At this point you've done 2 + 5 + 10 = 17 total runs. We get 35 feathers, which means theoretically speaking you should be able to do 18 runs of Tier 10.
    Only need 4 runs of tier 8 for 75 total uru. Also, you failed to include the 8 uru they receive from the tier 1 rewards. There is that extra 2 days.

What OP failed to consider is that last feather will be claimed on April 5th, not 7th. So, there will be only 7 runs of tier 10 normally. The difference of 13 runs is correctly calculated.

DNA3000 said:

HI_guys said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

What's that got to do with this thread? People play at their own pace mate. It's a game at the end of the day. I have seen people who are not even uncollected after playing for years. Let's keep it on topic :)
    He says that he doesn't care about the extra 26% t5cc but isnt thronbreaker. Any Cav who actually felt like pushing to thronbreaker would value t5cc the most, yet he says he doesn't care. idk man, both this and the fact that he is on the other side of like every major argument makes it seem like he is a troll.
    The extra 26% that someone else gets through a glitch is what "he" doesn't care about. It has nothing to do with being contradictory. If someone else got that through a bug, that has nothing to do with my Account. Would it matter to my Account? Sure. The difference is I'm not expecting to get the same just because of a glitch that affected a small amount of people.
    Actually, when someone suggests valuing it, then that implies it affects my Account. Someone else getting it through an error does NOT affect me in the slightest. That's the point. The only basis for the argument that I see is they get it and everyone else doesn't.
    Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.
    So you think the only people who can comment are the ones that agree with status quo? There's a word for that.
    No. It's like one person living in one country expressing why the local pet policy in another country should not be changed. Commenting on stuff that have literally no consequence to you
    It's not like that at all. It has no consequence to anyone if it's not a significant enough leak of Resources, aside from the feeling of fairness.
    Every time I ask the developers for free T5CC catalysts, I tell them it would be an insignificant leak of resources into the game if they only give them to me. And the devs in return tell me it would be an insignificant leak of resources out of the game if they took all my units away.
    I'm not talking about the difference it makes on the Accounts that got the benefit. I'm talking about the overall effect of a small number of Accounts gaining the benefit. It wasn't a matter of people being given anything. It was a glitch. Creating more work than is necessary on principle is a waste of energy as far as I'm concerned. Not unless the effect warrants it. I disagree that it warrants it. There's something to be said for people investing more gusto into preventing others from having something than they do earning their own Rewards.
    No one except kabam can determine how many accounts were affected by the glitch which I assume they are doing right now. You have a point of view that it does not matter who gets what as long as everything is OK in my account. Not everyone has to agree and play by that view though. Even by your logic, kabam could have left things alone and nothing could be done. The fact that they have started discussing and locking tier 10 means it could be a lot of accounts that everyone thought. So, I would wait for them to come up with a solution than arguing who was right.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Chacha888 said:

DNA3000 said:

Only need 4 runs of tier 8 for 75 total uru. Also, you failed to include the 8 uru they receive from the tier 1 rewards. There is that extra 2 days.
    Yes, I did not originally include the extra feather some people got. Regardless of which tier they ran, this would reduce the number of runs to reach Tier 9 by one and also reduce the number of runs to reach Tier 10 by one, which then increases the maximum possible Tier 10 runs under this scenario to 20.
    Crcrcrc said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

HI_guys said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.
    I'm not talking about the difference it makes on the Accounts that got the benefit.
    Me neither.

There's something to be said for people investing more gusto into preventing others from having something than they do earning their own Rewards.

No thanks necessary. I missed most of the fun anyway, as I normally take weekends off the forums for mental health personal reasons.
    Wasn't referring to you. We may disagree now and then but I still respect you. For that matter, I wasn't directing it at anyone in particular. I do feel there's too much attention given to people who may have benefitted through an error. If there's a valid concern pertaining to game balance, that's one thing. A diatribe about fairness over a small number of people is quite frankly, rock salt.
    But the issue is that you don’t know it’s a small amount of people.
    Yes I do. Kabam just stated that themselves.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

HI_guys said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.
    I'm not talking about the difference it makes on the Accounts that got the benefit.
    Me neither.

There's something to be said for people investing more gusto into preventing others from having something than they do earning their own Rewards.

No thanks necessary. I missed most of the fun anyway, as I normally take weekends off the forums for mental health personal reasons.
    Wasn't referring to you. We may disagree now and then but I still respect you. For that matter, I wasn't directing it at anyone in particular. I do feel there's too much attention given to people who may have benefitted through an error. If there's a valid concern pertaining to game balance, that's one thing. A diatribe about fairness over a small number of people is quite frankly, rock salt.
    I don’t remember that. Mind to post an ss?
    You're right. For some reason I remembered reading it in the Mod comment.
    You can pretty much logically deduce it was a small number because history has shown when something is that game breaking, they don't hesitate.
    you can't logically break down that it was a small number tho? ohhhhh, and I guess when Morningstar got changed for 6.2 champ to not heal in 10% that it wasn't a game breaking change and a very small amount of people had used that strategy

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

HI_guys said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.
    Me neither.

I don’t remember that. Mind to post an ss?
    You're right. For some reason I remembered reading it in the Mod comment.
    You can pretty much logically deduce it was a small number because history has shown when something is that game breaking, they don't hesitate.
    you can't logically break down that it was a small number tho? ohhhhh, and I guess when Morningstar got changed for 6.2 champ to not heal in 10% that it wasn't a game breaking change and a very small amount of people had used that strategy
    That's a number that can increase over time. More and more people could use that. In this case, there's a limited number of people who received it.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

HI_guys said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.
    The thing to keep in mind is that objectively, we have no idea how many players were affected and we have no way of actually determining this. It may well turn out that only 5% of the player base or even less got the extra Uru allowing them to get extra runs of Tier 10. However, for all we know 20% of the player base or more could have received the extra resources.

Seeing as how rare T5 CC are to get, I believe that this situation more than warranted a response from the devs in some shape or form. These catalysts are directly linked to the progression from cavalier to throne breaker, and are thus very important materials. The problem with this situation is that it creates a disadvantage for players who didn’t receive the extra resources.

Take, for example, a player who has just completed Act 6. For completion of the entire act they get 25% of a T5 CC of whatever class they choose. This situation presents a problem in that a player like myself who hasn’t completed Act 6 yet (personally I’m on 6.2.3 and took a break to further develop my roster) can theoretically end up with a higher percentage of a T5 CC than the players who are waiting on a full catalyst to transition to Thronebreaker.

Therefore, I personally believe it’s clear that this situation should be addressed. It creates a disadvantage for players who need these resources to progress. Other than the fact that Tier 10 has temporarily been disabled, we have no idea what the actual response will be. And seeing as how the rest of the player base wouldn’t be able to access it for at least another week, I think that the dev’s initial response was the correct response so far.