**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

K... what????

ZanerJayZanerJay Posts: 131
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
Soo I was just fighting the master EQ mangog with my 5/65 CMM and he KO’ed her from 95% health with 3 basic attacks WHILE she was in binary mode and indestructible...?? I know he has class advantage but seriously!? I wish I had it on video so I could rewatch and see wtf went down
Post edited by Kabam Valiant on

Comments

• MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 835 ★★★
    Hmm I’m not entirely sure why you were knocked out. Captain Marvel does take additional damage from mystic champs, but yeah if she’s indestructible then she shouldn’t be taking damage. Is it possible that the indestructible was staggered when it triggered?
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Hazzalec1 said:

Hmm I’m not entirely sure why you were knocked out. Captain Marvel does take additional damage from mystic champs, but yeah if she’s indestructible then she shouldn’t be taking damage. Is it possible that the indestructible was staggered when it triggered?

Even then, this is master eq. I have taken multiple hits with r4 Hyperion and he didn't die. Even took sp1 to the face
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    I was wondering the same thing, I used CMM had the 25 binary charges and indestructible and he ko'd me. Is there something on the node that nullifies the indestructible? Did I overlook something glad its not just me!
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    @Valmarx can you link me the post on all the bugs you posted?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Wayntos said:

I was wondering the same thing, I used CMM had the 25 binary charges and indestructible and he ko'd me. Is there something on the node that nullifies the indestructible? Did I overlook something glad its not just me!

It's super hard to tell without anything other than your description of what happened. It's possible there's a bug with it but what's more possible is that you were in binary because you got hit and Mangog placed staggers on you and nullified your indestructible. The only way anyone is going to figure this out is if someone posts a video of being KOd while indestructible.
    Valmarx said:

************ DONT LET IT BLIND YOU FOLKS ! *****************

They make Monthly EQ with 2 Newly Featured champs, extremely OP
    but in reality, the champs not that great.

I got Mangog 6-star (early bundles ) + suicides on and he's damage is as worse as
    Juggernaut...
    They create that false OP BUFFED reality for players to go for them in Arenas
    and Featured Crystals / Bundles.

Wish I could go back in time and save my 100$.....

This is similiar to a pre-ordering a game before release....

This has always been they way it goes all the way back to Uncollected. People had a terrible time with M.O.D.O.K in the first UC difficulty release. And the logical people have always said since then is to not base a Champions abilities on boss nodes. That's why you don't see people claiming Champ X is great because now we have the CCP. Back then we didn't. We get videos from the CCP before crystal releases so we can make our own minds up.

The early access bundles came out on March 4th which was a day after the new update. There were several CCP videos out at the same time of the early access bundles. If you based your opinion of him off the Cav boss nodes, that's your own fault.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I haven't been KO'd by a UC boss in a while, to the point where I use them to play around with my 3* and 4*. Had to take Mangog a bit more seriously when he Falcon-punched one of my 5r5's to sleep.

Don't really have any counters for him aside from an r4 Stealthy/RHulk. Cav is gonna be rough with my mediocre skills.

I haven't been KO'd by a UC boss in a while, to the point where I use them to play around with my 3* and 4*. Had to take Mangog a bit more seriously when he Falcon-punched one of my 5r5's to sleep.

Don't really have any counters for him aside from an r4 Stealthy/RHulk. Cav is gonna be rough with my mediocre skills.

Mangog isn't hard. Bait SP1s. Save a special attack of yours so when he reaches 10 Hatred, you can launch a SP when get runs in to get rid of the unstoppable. Rinse and repeat.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

No CapIW? Only difficult thing about him is the unstoppable. So long as you have a counter for that, you're good. Also, bringing white mags will allow you to heavy him as much as you want. I used Hyperion and parry-heavied him into oblivion. If I mess up, there's Cap to finish the fight. I actually found Odin more difficult, too many things to keep an eye on
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

Secondary question

WHY WERE YOU USING CMM AGAINST A MYSTIC WITH TONS OF STAGGER AND ARMOR BREAK IMMUNITY?????

My first thought
  • ZanerJayZanerJay Posts: 131
    YoMoves said:

Secondary question

WHY WERE YOU USING CMM AGAINST A MYSTIC WITH TONS OF STAGGER AND ARMOR BREAK IMMUNITY?????

Well shes my best champ so it auto went to her when I started the fight so also my fault going in blind like that
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    People is trying to get Mangog to their collection because of the amount of utility list Mangog currently have in his kit description. That in itself could potentially win immany wars in a long run or some find Mangog doing the monthly events more easily than normal.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 835 ★★★
    Chikel said:

Hazzalec1 said:

Even then, this is master eq. I have taken multiple hits with r4 Hyperion and he didn't die. Even took sp1 to the face
    True, but cmm takes additional damage from mystic champs, it’s in her abilities. It could have easily killed him with a few hits. Especially with that heavy attack that deals so much additional damage from charging it (and heavy hitter means it has that potential)
  • sharkdeavoursharkdeavour Posts: 421 ★★
    Chikel said:

No CapIW? Only difficult thing about him is the unstoppable. So long as you have a counter for that, you're good. Also, bringing white mags will allow you to heavy him as much as you want. I used Hyperion and parry-heavied him into oblivion. If I mess up, there's Cap to finish the fight. I actually found Odin more difficult, too many things to keep an eye on
    His unstoppable can be removed using specials

• Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Mangog has many ways he can be played to obtain different utility sets. His core loop focuses around charging his Heavy Attack for as long as possible to deal massive bursts of energy damage. During a fight Mangog builds a resource called “Hatred” which can be used in various ways such as: Stunning the opponent for long periods (allowing him the opportunity to charge his Heavy Attack), inflicting a ton of Stagger Debuffs, inflicting Armor Breaks, building Fury Buffs, triggering additional immunities, and much more.

Check out his abilities in the spot light but from what I can tell he does burst damage from heavy and can place staggers to nullify.