**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Odin / Hela situation

benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
Dear Mods / Admins,

I'm curious when will the developers drop a statement about the broken odin prefight, and the hela synergy situation. Am I safe to rank up Hela and/or any closely affected champs, or you guys will change these abilities before Odin is in the arenas.
I know everyone saw the hela and ghost gameplays, and I can only imagine what could the aptitude buff to to heavy-fury/cruelty potency champs (Fury, corvus, cgr just to mention a few already op champs.
I'm certain that we won't get any rank down gems, so can you guys please answer this ASAP:

-Will Odin / Hela be adjusted, or are we free to rank then up, because the abilities won't change?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

Dear Mods / Admins,

I'm curious when will the developers drop a statement about the broken odin prefight, and the hela synergy situation. Am I safe to rank up Hela and/or any closely affected champs, or you guys will change these abilities before Odin is in the arenas.
    I know everyone saw the hela and ghost gameplays, and I can only imagine what could the aptitude buff to to heavy-fury/cruelty potency champs (Fury, corvus, cgr just to mention a few already op champs.
    I'm certain that we won't get any rank down gems, so can you guys please answer this ASAP:

-Will Odin / Hela be adjusted, or are we free to rank then up, because the abilities won't change?

Thanks in advance

How about grind the 3 star one, test the synergy yourself and if you are happy, rank up your champion. No one is forcing you to rank up based only on you tube videos and champion spotlight alone.
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    benshb said:

Sure, I rank up Hela for the sole purpose of an abyss run, then they say "Yeah, the Hela synergy is too op, we gonna nerf her", so I just wasted resources on a champ that I won't use now.
    Sadly, a saw too many champs who got this treatment, and saw the aftermath of it, to just head on rank up something that looks broken on day 1.

She really won't be good in abbys.

She needs nearly a full synergy team, and the amount of match-ups she can't do there, make her impractical to do a full abbys run with her

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

benshb said:

Dear Mods / Admins,

Thanks in advance

How about grind the 3 star one, test the synergy yourself and if you are happy, rank up your champion. No one is forcing you to rank up based only on you tube videos and champion spotlight alone.
    Why did I get so many disagrees here? It was a very reasonable suggestion :|
    Because yr suggestion don't solve OP problem. Legitimate problem or not,

Even if he do grind the 3 and still he is happy and rank his champ,he will still have the fear that kabam will make changes to what we see now, or after he grind for 3star for that matter.. That's why he is asking for verification that nothing will change
    1) Grinding for a 3 star is nothing. Hitting all milestones gives you a 3 star which takes me 2 hrs max over 3 days.
    2) If he really fears that, nothing can change that because Kabam can change abilities even if they say they won't. It's reasonable to assume that by the time the arena ends and you have tested the champ, you could have an answer to OP's query.
    3) He was asking if he could rank up before Odin is in the arenas. I could not understand why he needs to rush his rankup.
    So, if OP's problem is impatience, no one but himself can solve it. If you really believe Kabam is going to answer in the positive or negative about changing the abilities of an unreleased champion, you must be new to the forums.

Pulyaman said:

benshb said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

benshb said:

Dear Mods / Admins,

Thanks in advance

Why did I get so many disagrees here? It was a very reasonable suggestion :|
    Because yr suggestion don't solve OP problem. Legitimate problem or not,

Even if he do grind the 3 and still he is happy and rank his champ,he will still have the fear that kabam will make changes to what we see now, or after he grind for 3star for that matter.. That's why he is asking for verification that nothing will change
    1) Grinding for a 3 star is nothing. Hitting all milestones gives you a 3 star which takes me 2 hrs max over 3 days.
    2) If he really fears that, nothing can change that because Kabam can change abilities even if they say they won't. It's reasonable to assume that by the time the arena ends and you have tested the champ, you could have an answer to OP's query.
    3) He was asking if he could rank up before Odin is in the arenas. I could not understand why he needs to rush his rankup.
    So, if OP's problem is impatience, no one but himself can solve it. If you really believe Kabam is going to answer in the positive or negative about changing the abilities of an unreleased champion, you must be new to the forums.
    lol.

1) let's clear this: the 3 star doesn't even have that synergy. At minimum you need a 4*

2) if kabam says they won't change, we have at least a few months of until they change they mind (3 months was the previous time period of revaluation)
    3) he will be "widely" available after arenas. We still have at least 11 tries to get him. Let's say I get him and start ranking Hela, but I'm a few resource off. I get to r5 her by the time the arenas start when they say yeah, we'll nerf it. I'm screwed.

Seatin said they had been testing odin / synergies for a good couple of days, so I bet you the devs already has the data needed for a possible change.
    I did not consider that 3 star did not have the synergy, well 4 star grind it is then. :D
    Edit - Seems only 5 star Odin has that synergy. That actually sucks.
    That analysis you gave was not very good. Glad you realized the error in your ways. Sometimes you don't need to say things just to be saying it.
    I did not say that just for saying that. Many times I see people asking kabam stuff that we know cannot be answered immediately. But, I realize that may have come across as wrong.
  • Odin isnt the problem, the prefight is. Imagine how hard a 6r3 corvus is going to be hitting. Odin de facto becomes a must have on legends runs. This prefight situation has to be addressed.
  • BunyodBunyod Posts: 11
    benshb said:

Dear Mods / Admins,

Thanks in advance

I really think after 1 weak kabam will nerf this synergy. So I won't runk up her.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

There's no reason for her to get nerfed. She's a high risk high reward champ, always has been, she's just easier to play with this synergy. Everyone just goes crazy when they see big yellow numbers but in reality she has 0 applicable utility in any endgame content.

😂 I think you got this completely wrong way round... she only has benefit in end game ‘Abyss’ content.

Otherwise u will never be able to ramp her up to get that sort of damage. In all other content ramping her will be pointless when can just use ghost or Corvus
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★

Odin isnt the problem, the prefight is. Imagine how hard a 6r3 corvus is going to be hitting. Odin de facto becomes a must have on legends runs. This prefight situation has to be addressed.

Cruelty buffs don't get their potency increased by the aptitudes. It's only fury, precision and armour ups buffs that do.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    gsil6374 said:

You know, when people keep calling stuff "broken," that tells the developers they need to fix it. And if you been playing this game long enough, you know Kabam has no problem fixing "broken" champions immediately. Why can't we just accept these things for what they do; make the game more enjoyable instead of telling Kabam these things are wrong. Its like my job when our boss would buy everyone good coffee and they complained saying, 'why can't we get better sugar.' So he stopped buying coffee all together. Come on people, lets just say thank you for these rare gifts and move on.

This response is totally off base. Kabam has a history of nerfing champs that are obviously very powerful outside of a select few. The reason people are bringing attention to this situation is because they want the nerf now (if it is actually going to happen and it will based on a ghost video I just watched who's already the second best champion in the game) and not in the future after he is released into the crystals when people will surely find more use for Odin's sig ability. Nothing about that is complicated and your explanation just completely ignores this games history and reality.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I don't think they should nerf this synergy or so.

But I find ABSOLUTELY unfair they DID nerfed sabretooth synergy by putting a limit on 30 fury.

It's all i'll say.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    They need to cap his prefight so you can stack them, but other than that, I think he's fine. The reason why I don't want to be able to stack a 5 star and a 6 star Odin's prefight is because that basically ****s over everyone trying to get a Legends run for 7.2 since if you have a 5 and 6 star Odin, your Ghost will automatically have a 90% attack boost for every fight without the need of boosts. If there was a six star arena that I could grind out a 6 star Odin, then it'd be different, but since I will only be able to grind out a 5 star Odin, I might just be screwed out of a Legends run because I can't afford to chase a six star Odin.
    Odin won't even be available as a six star in featured crystals until the one after the upcoming one, meaning that if I want a six star and a five star Odin, then I need to chase him in Cavs, which I just can't afford to do.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

benshb said:

Sure, I rank up Hela for the sole purpose of an abyss run, then they say "Yeah, the Hela synergy is too op, we gonna nerf her", so I just wasted resources on a champ that I won't use now.
    Sadly, a saw too many champs who got this treatment, and saw the aftermath of it, to just head on rank up something that looks broken on day 1.

She needs nearly a full synergy team, and the amount of match-ups she can't do there, make her impractical to do a full abbys run with her
    Actually, Seatin did an abyss run with her and she broke multiple records
    And if you check his comment section, even he said she's impractical in Abyss. There's a difference between handling some Abyss fights and actually being good for Abyss. There are too many fights she can't do on the path and then don't even get me started on the Collector, he would take so many freakin units. Even when taking Ægon out of the equation, there are still numerous better Abyss options.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Now I don't have any experience with abyss Collector but technically wouldn't Hela be a decenti-ish option? Just charge heavy for a while and get some good damage in. The indestructable will help sustaining her for a few more hits. I don't think she'll be as good as Aegon but she should be better than most champs for that right?

Now I don't have any experience with abyss Collector but technically wouldn't Hela be a decenti-ish option? Just charge heavy for a while and get some good damage in. The indestructable will help sustaining her for a few more hits. I don't think she'll be as good as Aegon but she should be better than most champs for that right?

Nope, you're never getting a good chance to charge heavy against the Collector. Only reason it ever works for Ægon is because of unstoppable and a damage cap. She'd be absolutely horrible for it.
  • Odin isnt the problem, the prefight is. Imagine how hard a 6r3 corvus is going to be hitting. Odin de facto becomes a must have on legends runs. This prefight situation has to be addressed.

Cruelty buffs don't get their potency increased by the aptitudes. It's only fury, precision and armour ups buffs that do.
    I stand corrected, looks like it helps ghost more than anything else. I thought i heard he gives an attack rating increase as well, i could be wrong. if he does... that would benefit corvus a lot.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Okay so I haven’t seen this synergy yet. Why is hela + Odin now the most OP combo ever?
    Etm34 said:

Okay so I haven’t seen this synergy yet. Why is hela + Odin now the most OP combo ever?

It's not, but it makes for very big numbers. Still no utility and not really practical at all in Abyss so it'd be pretty dumb for Kabam to nerf it
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

benshb said:

Actually, Seatin did an abyss run with her and she broke multiple records
    He stopped at mephisto in the first video for a reason