**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

We need some form of PTR

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I think this game needs to have some PTR (Public Test Realm). It's basically a parallel server where you can try out all champs - kinda like CCP beta.

There are many champions and each scales a bit diferently with higher ranks. With rare resources such as t5cc or t1a, you can't just "rankup and see". You should be able to test out the champion and decide based on that. Else you are at risk of wasting precious resources

Also, this could work as a "demo" of new champions - every new released champion would be accessible as 4* lets say for everyone to try out a bit, before deciding to eventually invest money into crystals with that champion. I imagine it really like a demo.

You have made steps in this direction already, when you gave out new champions as 2* and 3*, and imho, it was a really great idea - do you remember how people were enjoying Guardian? This champion was given to everyone as a free promo and I think worked in his favor: everyone got to try how great he is, he became widely known champion and is highly sought after ever since.

I know this will never happen, because the servers are already busy, and the devs are too, but I think it would make the conditions more "fair". Thoughts?
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    What kind of content could you play on this PTR? Cause if it's like act 6 or 7 then folks could just go into there and bash their head against the boss a load of times so they know the fight properly and don't have to use so many units on the live servers which of course would hurt their profits.
  • DocmottsDocmotts Posts: 77
    You mean exactly what the CCP gets to do?
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

What kind of content could you play on this PTR? Cause if it's like act 6 or 7 then folks could just go into there and bash their head against the boss a load of times so they know the fight properly and don't have to use so many units on the live servers which of course would hurt their profits.

I would really like some sort of realm of legends content for that.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    Poor winter soldier
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

There are about 3 bpsses who require practise: Champion, Collector, Grandmaster. Others are mostly just boosted regular champions. There could very easily be made some restrictions. In the past there were beta servers where most content was restricted - for example the Colossus buff beta I believe, so it is definitely possible to selectively leave chapters opened/closed. And for testing, lets say 2 quests from each chapter and RoL?

Also technically even duels are making Kabam lose money because people practise Champion SP1 dex there. And since this game is easily playable as f2p, I do not think revives a major source of income for Kabam, if we don't count Abyss exploration. People spend more on crystals and other resources in the offers in my opinion. Look at whales like COWhale - they spend over hundred thousand units on crystals. That would get you revives for exploring Abyss twice, and they spend this amount on a month to month basis.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    How about instead of direct content make this server and set up a duel system where you can select your nodes and champ to fight
    (Downfall of this is ramp up champs suffer if no quest is available to get proper ramping)
    But I’m sure you could add that
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Never gonna happen, nor is it a realistic expectation imo. They'd essentially have to maintain double their own server capacity for essentially what is just a QoL change. Especially when it comes to using t5cc, if you can't figure out on your own who you should rank without having to test drive every option at that specific rank, I don't know what to tell you. At that point you're gonna need a lot more than a test server for help.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I feel as if it would devalue the actual game a lot.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Could work if it’s purpose is more to see where the underlying bugs is causing the issues. There’s a laundry of list that needs to be fixed.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    It's the kind of thing I want but shouldn't get. I just appreciate that I can grind for my 3* easily now.

If I was gonna ask for something for testing, it'd be unlimited duels -- with a retry button. I don't think they put any more stress on the server than arena does.