**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    iOS 14.4 iPhone 8
    Game hadn’t been running smoothly for months, constant freeze lags, sticky feet bug, swiping back, and getting hit whilst dexing, (timings are erratic for dexing) kos happening and champs are still standing In their animation, they don’t fall over. The game is horrible to play, I used to be my alliances best fighter in war, I’m having to buy glory potions everyday, fix the lags please
    Also I have always double tapped each hit of my combo, now when I do it and see an evade I stop tapping which for the last 4 years has been ample time to not throw the next punch, but it always throws anyway now, it’s like the combo is queued, the timing has completely changed
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    iPhone 12
    iOS 14.4.1 (same issue with 14.4)
    Game version 30.1.0

Combat lag in fights that involve Human Torch (Human Torch vs Human Torch is borderline unplayable) or Vision Aarkus. AQ, AW and questing... basically any fight where the defender is ramped up a little.
  • Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
    Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
    Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Hello, I am a multiple account user, SmokenDemBones79, DemBoneSmoken79, and ugi17. On a Daily basis in EQ All difficulties I notice My player freezing mid Action, my Players Can't Block, Evade or Dex with this lag starts, Normally it only last a few seconds, but it Persistent

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
    Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
    Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Everyday I log in to play, with either of my 3 accounts, in SQ, EQ, AW, or AQ my Champions Actions freeze in Fight, but Defender does not. I have IOS Maestro, Android 10. Any other game Reads actions Just Fine, But Kabam's MCOC Has not since 2019. Some of issues seem to Stop for a 24 hour period, but after I log out and Log back in Later that day or next day Issues of Freezing mid Action, or my attacker just doesn't read any command. I am A Loyal player of MCOC and spend $ on game. Not anymore unfortunately, not until Game becomes An Equal Device Compatible, Or Regional issues may be to blame. Please help me so People like me and with Similar Issues can Enjoy the Game again. I am Close to closing accounts and Demanding a Financial Reimbursement of some kind, But I Truly would RATHER CONTINUE GAMEPLAY
  • AdeelSVAdeelSV Posts: 6

IGName: Joker₩
    iPhone SE 2020
    iOS 14.4.1(18D61)
    5G, Wifi ( High Speed )

For about 2 weeks , My game loading speed is fine. but many areas touch issues and lag , slow
    e.g
    1-Units Buy page if you swipe right to left very sluggish and slow.
    2- I have to press very hard to be exact, touch sensitivity for actions very rigid
    3. my press combo is delayed while and sometimes block proficiency is not working
    4. I never had crashed in the game before , in months but this time game hanged by iPhone screen twice in a month.
    5. scroll bars detect also lag and slow
    You must be thinking my iPhone has issues , went in to repair as it was under warranty
    Apple Tech said Phone is perfect fine. forward concerns to App developers.
  • Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 232 ★★★
    In-Game Name: Jaymix79~1
    Device and Model: iPhone 12
    Device Operating System: 14.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: today - wifi
    Game Version Installed: 30.1.0
    Game Mode: Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: The SP register failed today during war matchup. When I would press to launch and SP1. The special didn’t activate.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    In-Game Name: n0ux
    Device and Model: iPhone 7, iPhone 11
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.4.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Game performance is unbearable. Framerate on both devices are so bad and inconsistent that it feels like my FPS drops down to the 10fps way to often, few times in long single fight. Not to mention parrys not registering on top of all performance and crashing issues. This is happening now for way to long and its just getting worse with each patch.

In a game that is all about reaction time and input precision this is unacceptable. I can stand few bugs here and there, but one thing that is worse than any bug is low framerate that ruins all fluidity of the game and enjoyment.
    iPhone 8 ios14.4
    Latest game version
    I keep evading champs with dex and they get parry stunned, let me clarify the dex is successful there is no contact or block made but they parry stun, your parry hit box is miles off, also I keep winning fights and the opponent doesn’t fall over, also that lag keeps happening, sticky feet, mid combo lag and then I get hit, combos into specials are dropping lag then specials being blocked by multiple attackers and defenders, which results in being punished by the defender and dying. game is not fun to play, please fix
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    Ronnyman889
    iOS 14.4
    Latest game version.

Just started AQ map 5 and my champ rushes into attack during a movement backwards. One step back and rushing forward instead.
    Was on path 3 fighting Yondu and there isn’t anything special with the node
  • alegka312alegka312 Posts: 67

Device and Model: iPhone XR
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.4.2
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi 100 mbit
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Lags lags and more lags. I buy the iPhone 3 months ago, and from the first day gameplay is laggy. I checked frame rate with connection to pc, and game runs on 26-37 fps, 30 fps in 2015 and same in 2021? Why on budget android phones game runs better with ~60 fps? For example, xiaomi redmi note 9 pro gives 60 frames, iPhone XR with more better performance - 30 frames and lags, freezes, sometimes stuttering and crashing. Kabam support ignoring performance issues. So what can we do?
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 275 ★★★
    iPad 6th gen
    iPadOS 14.4.2
    Game version 30.2.0
    High speed wifi
    All game modes

For the last week or so the game has been freezing/sticking when it switches from one screen to another. It is getting progressively worse and this morning is almost unplayable with the game freezing almost every arena series and quest. Sometimes the fight recovery screen works, sometimes it shows me losing a fight I won. Not worth the effort to play when the game is performing this poorly and has to be force closed and reatarted every few minutes. Please fix.

This started before this week’s update and the update did not help. I deleted the app and reinstalled this morning. No help.

The freezing is happening when the app tries to communicate with the servers. The circle of death appears and then the red triangle. In fact when I reinstalled the app and opened it, I got the usual loading/updating screen but it said it would take 5512 minutes to finish loading. Waited about three minutes and it never got past 1mb downloaded, so had to force close. Next try it loaded within a couple of minutes. Wifi speed is over 100 mbs.
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 275 ★★★
    See my post immediately above. Staring at the circle of death again. Got one arena series in, not game frozen again after starting an arena fight it is stuck on the loading screen.
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    Ronnyman889
    iOS 14.4
    Latest game version

Quests and arena: small freezes in the gameplay where no controlling is possible. These interruptions are lasting for a sec or longer. Fighting in arena are having fights where the scene is shaking.

Guess that these interruptions also are the reason for controls not responding.

Game shutting down in different parts of the game:
    1. Moving into nodes in AQ , map5
    2. Opening of crystals
    3. Upgrading champions

Disconnects and the connection symbol are happening more frequently.
    After a long period of wheel spinning when a selection is made, like when an upgrade is done or in places you need to confirm anything the connection symbol is showing. This could be showing for a long period of time. Likely to ending with “an unexpected error occurred “
  • antperezantperez Posts: 1
    In-game name: antperez
    Device and model: IPad Pro 3rd gen
    Device operating system: iOS 14.4.2Cellular or WiFi: both (mobile carrier AT&T)
    Game version: 30.2.0
    Game mode: Arena
    Description of the problem: when I was able to get into the game there were delays in all controls. Dashing backwards, blocking and intercepting were the most noticeable as I would complete the action the character was a second or two behind in completing the action. I haven’t been able to log on since this afternoon. I tried getting on around 2pm EST and still can’t.
  • KenFusionKenFusion Posts: 3
    Ken Fusion Samsung Galaxy 8+ can't get past the load screen since update
    iPhone 8 l4.4 latest game version, update made things worse of what was already **** lst few months. Control lags worse than ever, , drop third hit in combo, parry not working half the time, blocks dropping, sticky feet etc etc war I could parry 60% of the time
  • PsilencePsilence Posts: 29
    In-Game Name: Psilence
    Device + Model: iPhone 11
    Device Operating System: 14.4.2
    Game Version: Latest Update
    Game Mode: Story Quest, Event Quest, etc.
    Description of the Issue:
    1) The game takes a long time to load while on cellular. It also sometime randomly reboots during a fight.
    2) I have been dealing with an issue where my heavy doesn't work after parrying the opponent and I end up getting smacked. This is really frustrating in AQ & AW!
    3) I have been dealing with an issue where my game controls just stop working completely in the middle of a fight and I get wrecked. It's costing me time and resources.
    Psilence said:

1) The game takes a long time to load while on cellular. It also sometime randomly reboots during a fight.
    2) I have been dealing with an issue where my heavy doesn't work after parrying the opponent and I end up getting smacked. This is really frustrating in AQ & AW!
    3) I have been dealing with an issue where my game controls just stop working completely in the middle of a fight and I get wrecked. It's costing me time and resources.

aaaaaand the complete loss of controls just happened (yet again) in the middle of a fight (that i was winning) during the event quest and it caused me to go from winning to getting wrecked!!!
  • FunkyrockerFunkyrocker Posts: 15
    In-Game Name: Funkyrocker
    Device and Model: iPhone 11 pro max
    Device Operating System: Latest
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena
    Description of the Issue: since cca two months the game simply chrashes (force close). After immediate restart sometimes it recovers the fight, sometimes not.
  • alegka312alegka312 Posts: 67
    Smoothly? Boys, I’m 4 months get laggy gameplay, iPhone XR.
    Psilence said:

Psilence said:

aaaaaand the complete loss of controls just happened (yet again) in the middle of a fight (that i was winning) during the event quest and it caused me to go from winning to getting wrecked!!!
    in response to the moderator from my other post:

it’s not happening b/c my phone screen is dirty, my screen is clean. there’s something wrong with the game.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    I’m on iPhone 12 and the game still splutters and drops the odd frame here and there.
    It is what it is, they’ll never get it right.
    Tune the game, latest iOs, latest version iPhone 8, running variant today, can’t chain special out of combo half the time, there is a lag window where controls don’t work while you are hitting or swiping, you need to lag the timing on the second swipe or only one will work, even swiping back after a combo you can’t do it unless you wait a half second after your combo and by that time the defender can hit you on the swipe back if they have a quick l1 or can chase you, the game isn’t running well enough to play properly, war is a joke, I’ve given up on variants because it’s embarrassing, guys I used to run 13xs8 rooms with and I’m dying room 8, spending all my glory on war potions, how can it take so long to get the game just running semi normally