**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on new buff schedule?

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
Very happy with this. I’m okay with more time being spent on buffs at the cost of one buff each month.

Post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/255907/changes-to-champion-update-schedule#latest

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    If they finally buff a champ I own, I am fine with it
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I absolutely love it. The more overhauls the better.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    This works. Gives time for an overhauled champion to get some love and not be over shadowed by another
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I think it's great
  • NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    Will this start from April or May?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I think both systems were/are fine, and I support the teams decision if they think the UUOx12 works better than the 4-4-2
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    How does game developer's tier list looks like?
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    It's amazing. Another great move by Kabam. More overhauls the better!

Tier lists are stupid, they use data from different areas from the game to determine who needs an overhaul/update/tune up. If a champion is underperforming in x area, they will determine a way to improve their kit to improve that champion's performance in x area.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★

Tier lists are stupid, they use data from different areas from the game to determine who needs an overhaul/update/tune up. If a champion is underperforming in x area, they will determine a way to improve their kit to improve that champion's performance in x area.
    How about new champs? There should be a kind of "tier" to fit them somewhere.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I don’t mind it. I think they are still going to buff the champs that appear to be underperforming. I also think they realized a tune up is just not the answer anymore despite what some people may think. It takes too much time and effort to call yellow jacket an update where it’s closer to a rework and have it launched within that next month.

Now that we get overhauls quicker, this means we have more champs that can cause an impact in a significant way.

How about new champs? There should be a kind of "tier" to fit them somewhere.
    They determine that based on champion performances in the areas of the contest that Kabam expects them to work well in. For example, iHulk is not a defender, so he would not be assessed on his defensive value for a future tune up. However, being an attacker, they would look at areas in the game where he is intended to perform well. Not every champ is made equal, so there are different standards for each champ. Kabam may be happy with a 4k medium from a certain utility-heavy champ, but not happy with a 4k medium from a certain damage-focused champ.
    Texas_11 said:

I don’t mind it. I think they are still going to buff the champs that appear to be underperforming. I also think they realized a tune up is just not the answer anymore despite what some people may think. It takes too much time and effort to call yellow jacket an update where it’s closer to a rework and have it launched within that next month.

Now that we get overhauls quicker, this means we have more champs that can cause an impact in a significant way.

Tune ups can still work sometimes, but they sometimes need a few more abilities added. But look at Mole Man, he went from a dud to a god with a tune up.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    I like it, if anything it makes sense when I flash back to Miike saying that the number of champs who need a value only update was small and maybe they just decided to fold them all into two categories: Updates & Overhauls.

Still, mission accomplished cause now I'm waiting for the next patch notes with baited breath... 😂
  • AgbPedroAgbPedro Posts: 2
    Could anyone tell me what this 4-4-2 update cadence means exactly? I don't understand what each number represents.