**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

To give up and cry?

SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 494 ★★★
edited November 2022 in General Discussion

500 units and could not get past phase 1.

Kinda defeating.

Advice?
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Get comfortable with his animations and intercepting against him. Also make sure you’re taking the easiest path to get to him
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Or just leave the the quest without quitting and do arena to farm units for team revives after revives and slowly chip Grandmaster’s HP away. You have already wasted 500 units to get that far even if it’s not that much. Team revives is cheaper as 5 man team with their damage together in total can go for 3-500k in together or more when you get comfortable. Unfortunately watching videos and all that isn’t gonna make you get comfortable as the only way to get comfortable with the fighting pace and all that is for yourself to dive in the problem and solve it yourself.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Or just leave the the quest without quitting and do arena to farm units for team revives after revives and slowly chip Grandmaster’s HP away. You have already wasted 500 units to get that far even if it’s not that much. Team revives is cheaper as 5 man team with their damage together in total can go for 3-500k in together or more when you get comfortable. Unfortunately watching videos and all that isn’t gonna make you get comfortable as the only way to get comfortable with the fighting pace and all that is for yourself to dive in the problem and solve it yourself.

With leave the quest without quitting I meant more as don’t exit the quest.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    For 6.4.6, really get prepared before go or otherwise just become units dumpling.

I always count on the guidance of noob. Start from 22:17 for GM fight.
    https://youtu.be/ylaiNagM31k
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I can't really advise you, only to analyze the fight better. I dunno how you could blow up 500 units only for this, and Phase 1 is the simplest. I would blame basic misunderstanding of mechanics of the fight. Read the notes again watch some guide.

But it is also possible that you just aren't ready yet. I dunno where you could practise tho, this fight requires high skill in pretty much every aspect of gameplay. I am sorry to discourage you but blowing 500 units and getting this far means, that you can get maybe 4 completed cycles in 25 tries, which would make further phases even more expensive.

My advise is to grind potions, not even units so much before your next try. From my experience, 40% hp doesnt allow you to slip up even a bit, making you lose badly in the later phases
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Y’all really don’t research grandmaster and end up trying to unit man him eh?
  • Options
    007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Find the easier path. Do it item less
    Then go fight the boss. Practice.
    Come back again.
    This is what i did back in the day against act 5 ultron.
    I didn't have medusa or corvus or nebula.
    I went in and practiced. Saw the rotation
    Made the plan. And pulled a nebula.
    With proxima senergy it was done.
    Choose 1 plan. There are people used Different strategy. Choose one from those
  • Options
    _I__I_ Posts: 306
    500 units and this was a trial run not your actual game?? Wow rich you man (not richtheman)
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Sbkrueb said:

500 units and could not get past phase 1.

Kinda defeating.

Advice?

Are you trying and failing to intercept in phase 1? Or failing to complete the challenges? Or repeating banned moves?
  • Options
    IMO Brain Grant’s video on this fight is a must watch to learn what you need to do and need not to do. Also there are so many GM videos out there that it helps to watch the fight to learn the timings and such. I’m a scrub and after a lot of watching and planning, I did this fight without units, only my stash. Revived 15-20 times, sure, but that’s fine with me.

I learned a niche strategy also from Lagacy that I know won’t work for many, but if you use The Champion awakened with Luke Cage synergy, you can dash back intercept without worrying about getting parried ever, so you can build up tokens of competence quickly in phase 1. But they key is not to parry or use combos first. Just start dash back intercepting right away until you get as many tokens as you can. TC doesn’t hit hard but without 15-20 tokens he can get you out of phase 1 in one cycle. Worked for me.
  • Options
    BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    I did the exact same thing my first time against him except I was actually trying and I ran out of units. I hadn’t watched any videos or prepared at all. So I quit the quest, went back and watched some videos, saved some units and beat him the second time. He’s very beatable if you go in prepared.
  • Options
    Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 154 ★★
    You cannot beat the grandmaster by throwing units at him, he's not the collector in act 5. The only way u can get out of this one is by skill. My advice for u is to take a break, improve ur skill, watch some videos online, read as much as u can about the grandmaster and his mechanics then come back at a later date
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    Phase1 500 units, thought of what you will spend in the reverse control state will be abyssal
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    If u spend that on first phase then defo quit and come back later.

I love this fight.. used only Aegon and doom. Doom is longer but easier cause u can easy heavy off shock in later phases. And with the right timing u only have to do reverse controls once.his lvl1 is not too bad on reverse. Practice fighting Emma to get used to the movements or path in 6.1.6 left side (I think from memory) with a Normal champ.

• Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    That must hurt. There are plenty of takedowns and guides on YouTube that can help
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Forget about intercepting in phase 1. It is a strategy for high skilled players and more risky. I think it was KT1 or BG who had the best strategy. Just forget about intercepting. Just parry, light light light till your light attack gets banned. Then parry MM till parry gets banned, then dex till that gets banned and he will get 1 bar of power. Bait sp1, get 3 tokens and go ham on him. It is a slower fight for sure, but a safer fight overall. Also, slow down your combo so that you don't get more bad tokens, light get banned randomly and if you continue to hit him, you will rack up bad tokens quite quickly.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Forget about intercepting in phase 1. It is a strategy for high skilled players and more risky. I think it was KT1 or BG who had the best strategy. Just forget about intercepting. Just parry, light light light till your light attack gets banned. Then parry MM till parry gets banned, then dex till that gets banned and he will get 1 bar of power. Bait sp1, get 3 tokens and go ham on him. It is a slower fight for sure, but a safer fight overall. Also, slow down your combo so that you don't get more bad tokens, light get banned randomly and if you continue to hit him, you will rack up bad tokens quite quickly.

True. Intercepting only makes it quicker but not required.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,217 ★★★★★

Reference said:

For 6.4.6, really get prepared before go or otherwise just become units dumpling.

I always count on the guidance of noob. Start from 22:17 for GM fight.
    https://youtu.be/ylaiNagM31k

This is the absolute go to channel for anyone an I mean anyone struggling to do story quest path by path tips an acounter mcoc noob is the goat for helpful videos 💯
    Nice thank you! But you are kinda late by 1.5 only/-
    Next time lets check the date and time before commenting on a thread.
This discussion has been closed.