**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

experimentation!

RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
So I just wanted to start an open discussion on testing out champs and their limits. I tend to experiment extensively. One thing I have discovered, which kabam openly evidenced in the arena breakthrough where you loose to win, is that sometimes you gain advantage doing something that is counter intuitive. For example: cat quests, they recommend that you have x team rating but you get better returns if your team is under the recommended. Obviously our tendencies are to go with the biggest easiest team to use. I have also found this the case with regard to type advantage. With a good champ and a good mastery build I actually find the boss is sometimes easier to take out with a disavantaged champ. Perhaps because the bosses buff don't trigger as often because he already has an advantage...maybe because my champs trigger more often...not sure why. Just is. So I wonder how many of you have other "counter intuitive" choices that pay off? Share them.

Comments

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Sorry but until you start actually posting some actual data, everything you just said is all speculation.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I invite you to try it yourself. Take a.single champ through a cat quest well under the recommended team rating and you will collect more cats...
    I routinely collect 3 t3s using the below (well below) recommended team rating method. And kabam ' s "loose to win" crossover to endless wins is obviously counter intuitive...
    As for type disadvantage I always throw out my disadvantaged type at the boss just to wear the.boss down before I toss someone else out. I play everyone before I play my advantaged champ...no point not to.
    Rap wrote: »
    I invite you to try it yourself. Take a.single champ through a cat quest well under the recommended team rating and you will collect more cats...

That is called "shifting the burden of proof." You can't make wild statements and then tell everyone, "prove that I'm wrong."
    Lol whatever...do it and enjoy the return or don't. nothing to prove to you.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    This theory is fake, confirmed in the old forums by a mod a long time ago.
    E.N.D.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    This theory is fake, confirmed in the old forums by a mod a long time ago.
    E.N.D.
    Not sure why you feel the need to atrack. We.proved the rating thing in my alliance a long time ago...take it from a cat farmer.
    Lol okay then...
    Not sure what you think the point of making up what I have experienced is but okay mod says so...must be gospel!
    Rap wrote: »
    Not sure why you feel the need to atrack. We.proved the rating thing in my alliance a long time ago...take it from a cat farmer.

I'm not attacking you. I'm simply trying to keep misinformation from being spread. If you are going to make claims that are contrary to RNG then you should provide evidence.
    But what I have suggested you try risks nothing soooo yeah...have fun!
    The evidence I have...while limited...my experience only... bears out the "Theory" that it works. Fair enough?
    And since I have been playing since before Aqs were introduced that "personal" experience is considerable...
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Well, in my extensive experimentation I have found that if you go into the catalyst quests with well ABOVE the team rating, you will get more catalysts! Take it from me, I run them all the time. I have personally proved this many times. Everyone feel free to try this for yourself!

See what I did there?
    Well then it looks like everyone's a winner. That's awesome!
    I just don't derive much joy from just walking through the quests I guess...but good for all of you!
    If we are getting the same returns then I just have to say...I think I am having more fun.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I think it's crazy when the trolls just jump in with "get gud" or "fake" or "the mods said it isn't true!"

I'm not questing as hard as I have in the past, but I do remember this happening to me. It happened enough that I stopped worrying as much about class advantage. Captain Marvel hits hard whether she has the disadvantage or not.

But I do remember stacking my line up with champs that had the class advantage on the boss and doing more damage with my non-advantaged champs than I'd do with the advantage because things seemed to trigger that much more.

If only Apple allowed screen recording a few years ago... I'd have video posted and everything. Now? Too much work to prove, but is your idea far fetched? No.

A long time ago... In a galaxy far far away, I had Limber maxed out and it was not working. I put different levels of LImber and it had zero effect on stun times, but because you couldn't record off of apple screens without a lot of hassle (if you own a PC), I couldn't post or prove anything. I opened tickets, had concurrence with others that saw the same issue but because it wasn't recorded, it didn't happen. Kabam couldn't repeat the error on their end, so it didn't exist.

I believe what you're saying has merit. Damn the trolls!