**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Proxima has an design issue but simple fix, please kabam it's minor..

FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 1,168 ★★★★
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Proxima by design was supposed to be marathon content killer, with he combo fury and ramp up but Damage Caps on all those content make her not usable.

For shorter content her intercept mission is really frustrating and is a roadblock to just play her, generally ends up her dead if you get intercept mission.

I have a six star awakend proxima and I can not use her, I used pre buff unawakend Angela more than her.
She also does not sync with cosmic cavalier nodes as her design is not in line with other cosmic.

Simple fix Is she just needs her intercept mission removed which will reduce 1 prowess but adding Armour Break to her heavy and Power Gain on Sp3 will help her utility and faster cycle of specials and she is good to go.

Simple effective change, Its really frustrating to play her.

For people saying she has high skill and high payoff , I find her last choice to bring in any content I even prefer anyone else literally anyone.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

I am fine with intercepting but it is something that comes with risk which is not ideal. I think they should start all her missions simultaneously at the start of the fight, so you can just do them all as you play normally.

Bottom line is that i don’t see Proxima used for fun. I don’t see Proxima used in any serious difficult content. So i am not sure what is her purpose.

Her purpose is giving Corvus true strike lol
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

So,because you cant intercept,you want her changed?

I'm sorry, that's just not a good argument.
    It's like saying "I can't use quake properly, I want her changed"

Do you use her for any content, even lol winter Soldier is so passive it's difficult to use her there.

Intercept is something that is AI driven its not fair to force a champ to do that.

I am fine with all missions starting at same time which gives flexibility.
    RoL not LoL
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Proxima by design was supposed to be marathon content killer, with he combo fury and ramp up but Damage Caps on all those content make her not usable.

For shorter content her intercept mission is really frustrating and is a roadblock to just play her, generally ends up her dead if you get intercept mission.

I have a six star awakend proxima and I can not use her, I used pre buff unawakend Angela more than her.
    She also does not sync with cosmic cavalier nodes as her design is not in line with other cosmic.

Simple fix Is she just needs her intercept mission removed which will reduce 1 prowess but adding Armour Break to her heavy and Power Gain on Sp3 will help her utility and faster cycle of specials and she is good to go.

Simple effective change, Its really frustrating to play her.

For people saying she has high skill and high payoff , I find her last choice to bring in any content I even prefer anyone else literally anyone.

Lmao XD
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I disagree with the intercept thing but yea. She has literally no purpose in the contest.

Ramp-up for massive damage in long fights? No there are damage caps.
    Ramp-up for massive damage in act 6, act 7? Takes too long by which other champions would have finished it faster. Her utility is only okay.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Simply make her missions start in order. I have no idea why Kabam introduces rng in the strangest of places. For short fights, parry mission alone would be enough to end the fight. For longer missions, you will need to get the second and third mission done which will increase her damage and demand the skill aspect from the player.
    As a counter weight, they could reduce the prowess from the missions.
    First Mission - Gain 150% prowess for 10 seconds which becomes 100% after the permanent buff.
    Second Mission - Gain 200% prowess for 10 seconds, 150% after permanent.
    Third Mission - Gain 300% prowess for 10 seconds, 250% after permanent.
    This will make her viable for shorter fights more often instead of just being used as a synergy partner for Corvus.
  • TylerStarkTylerStark Posts: 4
    I agree that they need to find a way to make her more usable. One simple fix would be to have her first mission always be parry so that you can get one mission done pretty easily. I also feel like she should have a way to at least partially bypass damage caps. Her whole purpose is to launch massive specials and the damage caps basically ruin her in Abyss/Labyrinth.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    So, to kill a thread, you don't need to delete them now, just move them to suggestions and it will automatically die. Great job