**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This is the worst 6* featured ever made

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    The feature should be a way for top end players to pursue new champs, high end champs, and dupes. This crystal does a good job making sure someone doesn’t feel like it was a total loss (aside from a few duds) but looking at the new champs as a batch of 6, it’s weaker than any recent group. Furthermore, it’s pretty lacking in top-end old champs. I burned my shards on basics.

I don’t want this to veer into a tier list debate, but it’s a handy go-by when you’re trying to get a feel for a crystal pool. Seatin has 52 champs in his top two tiers. I know a handful aren’t available as 6-stars. With that said, I count 6 from the two left columns - 3 old champs (Colossus, KP and G99) and 3 new champs (Ham, ibom and Stryfe). I’m underwhelmed.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Etjama said:

We were spoiled last month. Seems like people are forgetting how bad the featureds were before that.

On the forums, if it is not the best, it is the worst. So I just always read "the worst" as "not the best" and posts make more sense. This is not the best 6* featured ever made.
    It’s just a normal 6* featured.
    Thing is that is coming after a very good one, making this seem as very bad to many people.
    It’s not that bad, it’s just another average 6* featured.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Don’t mind me just stopping by.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

If your roster is so bad or small that losing out on 3-5k 6* shards on getting or putting sigs into a mid range champ that isn't the worst or the best is that detrimental, then you probably have no business worrying about the featured crystals to begin with.

Actually, the only reason I'm contemplating the new featured is because coincidentally of all the champs in it, at least based on cursory examination, there's only one champ I possess in that crystal that is awakened (Hood). Every other pull would be either a new champ or a first time awaken.

So unless I get Hood after Hood (which oddly has happened before actually) the one thing that won't happen with a featured pull is just dumping sigs into a mediocre champ. I could *pull* a mediocre champ, but as an arena grinder new champs are always welcome.

Tough call though, as there's a lot of top flight champs in the basic I don't have and aren't likely to just pop up in big numbers in a featured crystal.

But yeah, in general I think if you're in a position where one bad pull is devastating, you're probably better off sticking to basics. The best way to ensure you don't have corner case bad luck is to increase the number of spins of the reel.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

.The biggest misses are Blackbolt, Dr strange, Howard, Psycho Man, super skrull, Crossbones and maybe mephisto and Star lord depending on personal opinion
    So 6-8 big misses, then the rest is kinda evenly split between decent and good to very good.

Now I’ll agree that there’s a lot less of the very best champions but the number of big misses is also lower.
    And the number of big misses may even be reduced more in the near future as they seem to frequently add some of the champs being buffed in the near future to the featured pools.

I wouldn’t call Crossbones a big miss. Mephisto either. Misses maybe, but not big misses.
    In my opinion, Psycho Man, Super Skrull, Howard The Duck, Blackbolt, Dr Strange and Star Lord (cause no one is going to awake and throw 200 sigs on him) are the big misses.
    So you agree it’s not the worst ever because there’s only 6 (in Your opinion) complete duds and the rest are decent.
    15k decent? Perhaps not but it proves that you’re exaggerating how awful it is.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Greekhit said:

.The biggest misses are Blackbolt, Dr strange, Howard, Psycho Man, super skrull, Crossbones and maybe mephisto and Star lord depending on personal opinion
    So 6-8 big misses, then the rest is kinda evenly split between decent and good to very good.

Now I’ll agree that there’s a lot less of the very best champions but the number of big misses is also lower.
    And the number of big misses may even be reduced more in the near future as they seem to frequently add some of the champs being buffed in the near future to the featured pools.

I wouldn’t call Crossbones a big miss. Mephisto either. Misses maybe, but not big misses.
    In my opinion, Psycho Man, Super Skrull, Howard The Duck, Blackbolt, Dr Strange and Star Lord (cause no one is going to awake and throw 200 sigs on him) are the big misses.
    Would you rank up crossbones or mephisto?
    I would Rank Mephisto. First R4 5*. No regrets.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Greekhit said:

Would you rank up crossbones or mephisto?
    Well, for crossbones, yes r2 while he's also a good tune up candidate and mephisto is good moderate, he's just need more damage.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Its a pretty meh crystal especially compared to last one. Imo its not worth the extra shards so i went basic and got Red Mag so yay :)
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    I think I might go for it a few times if I can. Mostly because there are a few champs that I wouldn't mind duping, like colossus, kingpin, masacre and some other ones that I want like guilly2099, spiderham and SILVER SURFER. If I get surfer I think I would r3 unduped because he's my favorite character and is not bad at all.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

I think I might go for it a few times if I can. Mostly because there are a few champs that I wouldn't mind duping, like colossus, kingpin, masacre and some other ones that I want like guilly2099, spiderham and SILVER SURFER. If I get surfer I think I would r3 unduped because he's my favorite character and is not bad at all.

Thank you. Been a fan of his for a while. Not sure why he gets so much hate.
  • Maxwell24Maxwell24 Posts: 411 ★★★
    0/10 No groot and no Hulkbuster
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

Title. This pool is so pathetically bad. However I opened a basic and got hit monkey so I’m not mad, thanks for saving me from a black bolt guys 🤣🤣🤣

How many champs do YOU think are bad in this featured?
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    It’s not spectacular but it’s not awful either. As with all features it depends who you do/don’t have.
    I have an unduped Colossus and G2099 so having them at 2/24 rather than the usual rate alone is worth it for me.
    Magneto would be hugely beneficial to me, as would iAbom and Spiderham.
    Morningstar is one of the best incursion options so getting her wouldn’t be bad either.

I’ll give it a 7/10
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    My issue is, owning a sig 200 Surfer, I have a 1/24 chance of pulling less than if I duped my sig 99 4* Surfer...for astronomically more cost.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I don’t love the crystal , but I’m throwing all my shards at it. I actually have only a few of these champs , and it’s a good way for me to target them for dupes and first time pulls. Also crossbones and Howard the duck are a lot better than a psychoman and skrull, at least they have a chance of getting buffed.

Only champ I’m interested in really is Jubilee. Anything that is not her is a bust for me.

I imagine the crystals will get worse as a dupe and pull more of the same champs!

Happy hunting!

• TheGamingTitanTheGamingTitan Posts: 3
    I agree completely! It takes a lot of grinding to get a 6* featured and the reward is nowhere near where it needs to be. I posted a brief video discussing this on my YouTube channel I’m growing and it’d mean a lot if you guys could check it out! Here’s the link!

https://youtu.be/llwKkvvGXAU
  • BloodthirstBloodthirst Posts: 24
    a 6* Stryfe is pretty much a one way stop to a cleared abyss. If you land him, you're pretty much getting a refund on your first pull and then some.

Morningstar is Goated in Incursions, add that to an Angela and the upcoming Odin, and your team can clear zone 25 low diff if your teammate can hold their own.

Immortal Abom is also pretty busted. Pretty much a discount Omega Red without having to invest in dupes. He also heals like Deadpool with Willpower enabled.

But yeah everything else isn't too good

• KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

It's not that bad. Ofc noting much CAN live up to the previous 6 star featured and so, it feels this way.

• GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    edited March 2021

Title. This pool is so pathetically bad. However I opened a basic and got hit monkey so I’m not mad, thanks for saving me from a black bolt guys 🤣🤣🤣

How many champs do YOU think are bad in this featured?
    I’ll bite. The whole reason you buy a featured is due to chasing one or more champs that will have an immediate impact on your roster that justifies a 50% markup. There’s only 2, maybe 3 of those champs in this crystal (Ibom, G2099, colossus, maybe stryfe but that’s a huge reach imo), whereas (for the time of release at least) every other featured had more. People are saying “oh, well it’s better than the og featured in 2018.” Believe it or not, the game has evolved since 2018 🤣🤣🤣. The amount of champs actually worth the markup is quite low, not to mention the numerous duds. One would have thought that with virtually all the 2021 champs being duds they would have sweetened the pot, but this ain’t it chief.