**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So what’s coming up? Anything exciting?

GarrettNGarrettN Posts: 1,092 ★★★★★
I’ve recently finished 100% of the abyss, all story content, and the variants and I’m wondering what to do now? We know 7.2 is on the way but no exact timeframe and we haven’t had a new variant in awhile. Summer/fall/winter/spring of pain never happened and we haven’t had an updated road map in awhile. What’s there to do now?

Comments

• Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

This is why we needed 7.1 to be more like act 6... instead we got an easy act ... variants that are being released also are 100% done by any decent player within a couple of days of release ... until this community realise that we needed restricted content like act 6, we are doomed to be bored at the top.

I think act 6 was too hard too soon. I think they should’ve released act 7 like act 6, and made act 6 a little easier. Most of it is fine, but I can’t pass 6.2.2, as I have absolutely no one to fight sinister. I have 1 6* r2, and 5 5* r5s. In my whole roster, I have no one who can properly do it. And no I don’t Have the synergies either
    This is the very definition of the issue. That roster/account is just not ready for that level of content.

I did Sinster on release (with OG Hulk and a lot of revives, just to pass him once - coming back once pulled right counter) but even at that time I had more like 20 r5 and may 8/9 r2 6* champs
  • Haji_Saab said:

This is why we needed 7.1 to be more like act 6... instead we got an easy act ... variants that are being released also are 100% done by any decent player within a couple of days of release ... until this community realise that we needed restricted content like act 6, we are doomed to be bored at the top.

False..... endgame players will be the only ones who crush through it regardless. Those who are are bored have no content to do, including act6.....
  • It is rather amusing to see some people finally catching up with Act 6 and now complaining that there's a lack of content. Some of us have been in this situation for most of the last year. I finished Abyss and Act 6 last March and since then we've had a couple of variants and 7.1. Anyone who did Act 6 before the nerfs has been twiddling their thumbs for around 10 months of the last year in a lot of instances.

Yes and No, per se. I explored pre nerf, but spaced it out across months so i had stuff to do. Similar with abyss, one run after every war season. finished and explored abyss mid june, and act6 in a month or two after. Spacing content does help.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I don't think a Story Quest need to be a head ache or as Act 6 was especially 6.2, a story quest should be for all players not "End Game players" i don't want to play a game where i feel defeated because i don't have the right champ to do a fight aka Mr. Sinister. or a fight where i have to just throw a bunch or revive at. I do understand that End Game players get bored and need a challenge i think Side Quest like Variants and Abyss is where Kabam can tune for End Game players with rewards that's worth it, i also see a lot of people saying they're bored but don't want to do Abyss because it will cost them many units and revives or they don't have the right champ to do certain fights without spending too many units, well this was a lot of people reality with act 6 and I'm Glad Kabam did justice to act 7, if you're looking for a challenge join a master alliance and do WAR and challenge your self not to die in War.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

@Wicket329 i love the idea of a seasonal EQ. a piece of temporary content that’s designed to be a major challenge instead of repeating the same relatively easy Cav EQ every month would be an incredible addition to the game.

My thinking with this is that Kabam really only needs to design four of them, one for each season, and then tune them year to year as needed. There’s also a lot of fun to be had here from a design perspective in that you could theme the quests to the season. For example, spring benefits regeneration effects, summer has incinerate, fall has something, I don’t know, I’m not a game designer, and winter has coldsnap/degen. These could be used either to boost the player or as globals to work around. Or maybe champions released in those seasonal windows would get buffs? I’m spitballing, they don’t need to do anything like this to make it work.

And this would be aspirational challenge content. Kabam could whip up some truly devious globals for challenges that center around a theme and if players can’t do it at launch that’s okay! You’ve got three months! And if you can’t do it in that time, there’s another one coming! And the one you missed will come back around, so if you ranked somebody up for it but didn’t complete it, that’s okay because you’ll need them for when it comes back next year.

My best case scenario would see some kind of unique boss fight at the end of each one with the quest set up like the Infinity War Thanos fight where it’s just them. So after you’ve cleared this grueling content, you’ve just got the Big Bad of the season at the end. And again, they’d come through for three months per year. This is all very ambitious, but I think it would really take this game to another level.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Etm34 said:

@Wicket329 i love the idea of a seasonal EQ. a piece of temporary content that’s designed to be a major challenge instead of repeating the same relatively easy Cav EQ every month would be an incredible addition to the game.

My thinking with this is that Kabam really only needs to design four of them, one for each season, and then tune them year to year as needed. There’s also a lot of fun to be had here from a design perspective in that you could theme the quests to the season. For example, spring benefits regeneration effects, summer has incinerate, fall has something, I don’t know, I’m not a game designer, and winter has coldsnap/degen. These could be used either to boost the player or as globals to work around. Or maybe champions released in those seasonal windows would get buffs? I’m spitballing, they don’t need to do anything like this to make it work.

And this would be aspirational challenge content. Kabam could whip up some truly devious globals for challenges that center around a theme and if players can’t do it at launch that’s okay! You’ve got three months! And if you can’t do it in that time, there’s another one coming! And the one you missed will come back around, so if you ranked somebody up for it but didn’t complete it, that’s okay because you’ll need them for when it comes back next year.

My best case scenario would see some kind of unique boss fight at the end of each one with the quest set up like the Infinity War Thanos fight where it’s just them. So after you’ve cleared this grueling content, you’ve just got the Big Bad of the season at the end. And again, they’d come through for three months per year. This is all very ambitious, but I think it would really take this game to another level.
    You make any sort of content that cannot be completed by early to mid cavalier players and the forum would be flooded with complaints that they can’t do what the thronebreakers can do. What kabam would absolutely need to do, is put disclaimers all over this thing that it’s not supposed to be done by everyone and it’s supposed to be hard. And you’d still get complaints..
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm changing my mind on difficult content. We need difficult content to shake things up. If Kabam wants us to have easy content then they need to come out with it far more often to keep us occupied. But to have easy content plus being stale people will lose motivation. My alliance is top 30 and p2 war all we have to hang our hats on is AW because 90% of us have all content done.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

You will survive this.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

It is rather amusing to see some people finally catching up with Act 6 and now complaining that there's a lack of content. Some of us have been in this situation for most of the last year. I finished Abyss and Act 6 last March and since then we've had a couple of variants and 7.1. Anyone who did Act 6 before the nerfs has been twiddling their thumbs for around 10 months of the last year in a lot of instances.

I finished act 6.4 like a month after it dropped maybe less, and abyss in Nov last year. I have now changed my tune on difficult content. Someone early said that we built our rosters to defeat the most difficult content which is pre-nerf act 6 and now we have content entirely too easy so I'm on the side that we need more difficult content to survive. Act 7.1 was a joke.