**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thoughts on the 6.3.6 Cap IW boss

Just wanted to ask the community about there opinions on the Act 6 chapter 3 quest 6 Cap IW boss, with destructive feedback ,crit me with your best shot ,aggression fury and surging vengeance. I have a very twisted opinion of him due to being stuck at him for quite a while. I would like however to grasp the communities veiw on him. Is he too niche? Do you reckon theres too much going on with him? And also ,reliable counters would be amazing for people that didnt use ghost and corvus. I would just love this to be a general up to date thread on this boss ,because I'm certain I'm not the only one that gets road blocked and continue to loath this boss. What do the people think about old Rogers here ?

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    He was BS before but he's even more BS now without the Ronan cheese. Good thing I have Ghost and Hood but RIP to those who don't and want to explore it.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

He was BS before but he's even more BS now without the Ronan cheese. Good thing I have Ghost and Hood but RIP to those who don't and want to explore it.

Can't bring that duo on every path tho.
    edited March 2021
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

I have space for them on every path. Some paths she can contribute to and other I still have 3 path clearers for.
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

I have space for them on every path. Some paths she can contribute to and other I still have 3 path clearers for.
    Have you explored that quest tho?
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Have you explored that quest tho?
    Not yet but I've planned for it. It's not like 6.3.6 has path gates. There are more difficult paths I only have 2 path clearers for in 6.4 so having 3 in that quest is gonna be just fine.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

You can .
    the thing about the paths is they have just the linked nodes. if you can counter one of the nodes with one champ, you can do the path with one champ. i used quake and mags and aa for the counterstrike path and then sparky w/ blade for the boss. he's at 56% right now, and we'll see how i do
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

You can...you lose out on a deep team for the paths but u can bring ghost+hood on every path(although I am not sure about the path I used in initial clear in which I ramped up aegon for that fight)

Other than ghost...other viable options probably are aegon,starky(tougher now with aggression fury),Corvus,stealthy or any other champ with a lot of crit potential with hiemdal synergy
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Haven’t done it since he was changed but can awakened Gwenpool work? Tank an L3 and get your L2 enervate on and hope you can refresh it with bleeds

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

You can...you lose out on a deep team for the paths but u can bring ghost+hood on every path(although I am not sure about the path I used in initial clear in which I ramped up aegon for that fight)

Other than ghost...other viable options probably are aegon,starky(tougher now with aggression fury),Corvus,stealthy or any other champ with a lot of crit potential with hiemdal synergy
    I see.
    MikeHock said:

Haven’t done it since he was changed but can awakened Gwenpool work? Tank an L3 and get your L2 enervate on and hope you can refresh it with bleeds

Idk about her, but night Thrasher works like a charm. Just gotta be able to counter cap's special 1 with your heavy.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    zuffy said:

Aegon with sentry synergy work fine. Used only 1 revive.

Aegon and heimdall worked really well too. I used 1 revive with this lol
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Sentry in theory is good for it at max sig. Guarenteed indestructible at the cost of your combo. Don't have max sig Sentry though.

But yea, the boss is a pain. Surging Vengeance is one of my hated nodes since I don't have any Power Control champ other than Hawkeye.

Sentry in theory is good for it at max sig. Guarenteed indestructible at the cost of your combo. Don't have max sig Sentry though.

But yea, the boss is a pain. Surging Vengeance is one of my hated nodes since I don't have any Power Control champ other than Hawkeye.

and the crit me with your best shot node makes it so that the best surging vengeance counter doesn't work

I felt inspired by this thread
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Bring stark enhanced spiderman and you can rinse him every time. I soloed him once, but got him with 1 or 2 revives max every other time. I am not the greatest player so, if you are above average it should be very easy.

and the crit me with your best shot node makes it so that the best surging vengeance counter doesn't work
    Who's that? Doom?

Who's that? Doom?
    Magik.
    Kill_Grey said:

Who's that? Doom?
    Magik.
    Ahhh yes. Cap's glancing and Crit Me With Your Best Shot must have really ruined the fight for her.

Who's that? Doom?
    quake. if the opponent gets no power, then they use no specials

Who's that? Doom?
    quake. if the opponent gets no power, then they use no specials
    Someone like doctor strange on that node do be laughing at you tho.