**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nerfing Odin already.

Comments

• StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Pmr3 said:

Etjama said:

Pmr3 said:

Etjama said:

Pmr3 said:

Etjama said:

@Bloodthirst
    Ya know what's crazy? He still has the Angela synergy and he still has the pre-fights for incursion runs. You know what's even more crazy? He's getting a buff too which means he himself may not end up being a dud! Therefore:

People should really start reading these announcements before following the crowd.

They still changed him from what he could do when the bundles were bought. So no matter how much you wanna suck on kabaams d he is in the right. It changed from wht it was an what he wanted when he spent his REAL MONEY.
    There are many people on these forums who "Wanna suck on Kabam's D." I am not one of them. I'm on the opposite side about 75% of the time. But this is just so stupid and I'm honestly disappointed in the community for making a big deal about this. They're literally only taking away his ability to stack pre-fights which is fairly minor overall and honestly much more fair for stuff like Legend Runs. It also makes more sense since no one's been able to stack pre-fights till now. In return they're improving his abilities and giving away free Cavs yet people think they have the right to complain? 🤦‍♂️
    Well first off. There are ppl who bought those cavs and didn’t get oden as I told someone else. So they aren’t getting a buffed oden. Secondly wht if they don’t want nxt months champion. They don’t get a choice. So they are losing there REAL MONEY. And let’s not act like this wasn’t discussed before the bundles went on sale. Kabaam stayed quiet as usual until they got there money. I’d the want to make it right they should be giving out refunds to people who want it.
    That is quite frankly the dumbest logic I've ever heard. People bought Cavs and didn't get Odin so they're not getting buffed Odin? I don't know where to start on how illogical and nonsensical this is, especially considering those who didn't get Odin are getting free Cavs anyways.
    Your the one that literally said everyone’s getting a buffed oden from buying cavs. I literally used your same argument jackass. An what reasonable. Ppl spent money to have something. Now they aren’t getting that. So they should get there money back. It’s like you buying something in the real world with certain perks only for the company to come back an say you no longer get these perks when those perks are the reason you spent the money in the first place.
    I would try to explain how this works... but I honestly don't see a point. The fact that you're not able to understand how this does absolutely nothing but benefit the people who weren't able to pull him is absolutely mind boggling. You've almost got me literally banging my head against a wall.
    If kabaam did their job we wouldn’t have this. They offered and sold something that people wanted and then took it away. Plain and simple. If you bought something in the real world that had certain perks an after this company came back and said we taking these perks away which was the reason you bought it an offered you something you really didn’t want in return wouldn’t you be mad. Same situation.
    You may want to take a step out into "the real world" than cause this is how it works. It's not like they're replacing a whole product, they're changing one minor aspect and then improving it overall. It's more like a software update than anything. You may not like how the widgets look with the new update, but if the update improves performance overall, you have no right ask for it to be reverted. Not only that but Kabam's giving away more Cavs on top of it and people are still complaining. 🤦‍♂️
    Minor aspect? Really. The only reason anyone wanted anything to do with oden is bc of that synergy. Correct? Nobody wanting him as a champ to fight with. And no it’s not like an update. Updates add on to what’s already there. This is taking away a major component everyone spent there money for to have.
    I'm going to say this once again and only once. They are not getting rid of any synergies, they are not getting rid of his pre-fights. They are only changing the fact that his pre-fights can stack. Which is very minor overall. And it is an update because they'll be improving Odin's abilities in May. Just read the announcement before complaining about something you have no idea about. It's not that hard.
    They are still removing something that was available and known about when the bundles came out. I’ve seen the announcement. Another bait and switch from kabaam.
    They are removing nothing.... they are just making sure that Odin's buffing mechanics is working as intended, like White Magneto.

Viewing different Youtube video it was clear that the buffing mechanic should be limited to only one per champion.
    It would have been a too great game changer to leave the possibility of having multiple Odin's buff on one champion.
    Youtuber Like Brian Grant or Lagacy show us how it was too powerful to leave it that way.

By the way, i would not be surprise if Odin's synergy with Hela was also limited in a way or another when Odin will return from its tuning ;)

The compensation is nice, but i am just wandering about who will be the next featured champion !
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    What's this argument about not pulling Odin and still complaining? You guys do realise that if Odin wasn't being buffed, you would literally still not have Odin. Be grateful that Kabam are giving you another shot at cavs. It's the people who have gotten Odin who should be complaining if anything and even then, the buff(hopefully) makes Odin a better character on his own which good since stacking pre-fights was impractical in many scenarios but broken when it works.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

What's this argument about not pulling Odin and still complaining? You guys do realise that if Odin wasn't being buffed, you would literally still not have Odin. Be grateful that Kabam are giving you another shot at cavs. It's the people who have gotten Odin who should be complaining if anything and even then, the buff(hopefully) makes Odin a better character on his own which good since stacking pre-fights was impractical in many scenarios but broken when it works.

The argument about prefight stacking is legitimate, but not genuine. Nobody who bought the bundle would have NOT bought the bundle had they known the prefights don't stack, because the prefights are stronger the higher the rarity is. The only place in the game where the stacking prefights would benefit someone is being able to bring 5 and 6* odin for certain paths while doing a legends run in act 7. It's a pretty limited number of paths where you can bring ghost and 4 dead roster spots, but there likely would be a few path where you could (also possible it would be 0 paths).
  • WfpkstevezillaWfpkstevezilla Posts: 121 ★★
    The nerf is warrented and I'm glad it's happening. The ways in which you could basically break the game by stacking the pre-fights is quite rediculous. Glad he is being toned down in that regard.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

The argument about prefight stacking is legitimate, but not genuine. Nobody who bought the bundle would have NOT bought the bundle had they known the prefights don't stack, because the prefights are stronger the higher the rarity is. The only place in the game where the stacking prefights would benefit someone is being able to bring 5 and 6* odin for certain paths while doing a legends run in act 7. It's a pretty limited number of paths where you can bring ghost and 4 dead roster spots, but there likely would be a few path where you could (also possible it would be 0 paths).
    That’s down playing how powerful Odin buff stacking was going to be.

Shared content allows multiple players to bring Odin. Might not work for all protect fights but protect isn’t guaranteed to always be the tactic of choice or even a choice. It was never shown if multiple Odins of the same rarity could stack their buffs in shared content but that would allow content to be dominated by a Ghost backed by 10+ Odins; +500% attack. That’s not just today’s content but tomorrows content as well like raid bosses etc.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    At the point of purchasing the early access bundle, does the Summoner needs to click to acknowledge understanding this

5. RIGHT TO MODIFY
    We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Materials, the Services, or any part or parts thereof with or without notice. You agree that Kabam will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension, or discontinuation.

Is it required?

Edit: Anyway, if a refund is made, it will only be in units.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/769270/#Comment_769270
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Shared content allows multiple players to bring Odin. Might not work for all protect fights but protect isn’t guaranteed to always be the tactic of choice or even a choice. It was never shown if multiple Odins of the same rarity could stack their buffs in shared content but that would allow content to be dominated by a Ghost backed by 10+ Odins; +500% attack. That’s not just today’s content but tomorrows content as well like raid bosses etc.
    That’s fair, not always easy to bring a bunch if dead roster spots to war but you can usually spare a few. I was just thinking of the current meta but ya, looking ahead it had to change
    edited March 2021

That’s fair, not always easy to bring a bunch if dead roster spots to war but you can usually spare a few. I was just thinking of the current meta but ya, looking ahead it had to change
    It also doesn’t have to be at your level of play. In lower tiers that don’t have tactics and have reduced lanes it becomes a lot more viable. This applies to AQ as well.

*And really who cares about protect if your Ghost is dropping 30k mediums -30% and can let lose 500% attack special 3s that don’t trigger protect.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    You can’t stack unique synergies with multiple copies of the same champs, I’d love 3 omega reds to synergise with sabertooth, instastack those spores but you can’t.
    When you think about the buff stacking it had such stupid potential.

Have a champion with a large fury? NF, CGR, KP, DM, Doom, Hyperion. Stack them with the aptitude’s and leave the others for Ghost. This would beef up so many potential champions it’s just beyond dumb.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

When you think about the buff stacking it had such stupid potential.

Have a champion with a large fury? NF, CGR, KP, DM, Doom, Hyperion. Stack them with the aptitude’s and leave the others for Ghost. This would beef up so many potential champions it’s just beyond dumb.

...4 Odin + Hyperion actually sounds absolutely terrifying

Anyway, I wasn't expecting that they would continue to allow his pre-fights to stack, but I'm glad they're considering making Odin more fun to play as... even if I don't have him
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    It is unbelievable that anyone thought that stacking pre-fights was going to be allowed — honestly, if I was Kabam, I would have long ago made it so the same characters couldn’t be on a team at different rarities

I understand this is a new era of gaming, different generations of people. People look for “soft exploits” instead of playing a game as intended, which is sad to me

Because anyone who has played this game for even a second knows that Kabam didn’t intend for someone to put four Odins and Ghost on a team

It shouldn’t even have to be said, but here we are, and all stuff like this does is make designers more careful about trying anything different

ESF said:

It is unbelievable that anyone thought that stacking pre-fights was going to be allowed — honestly, if I was Kabam, I would have long ago made it so the same characters couldn’t be on a team at different rarities

I understand this is a new era of gaming, different generations of people. People look for “soft exploits” instead of playing a game as intended, which is sad to me

Because anyone who has played this game for even a second knows that Kabam didn’t intend for someone to put four Odins and Ghost on a team

It shouldn’t even have to be said, but here we are, and all stuff like this does is make designers more careful about trying anything different

Honestly Kabam should have known this when it came out. It’s their game and things like this have happened before. I would think after 5 years someone in the office plays ghost and could have said “this is broken,” maybe restrict Odin to one per team or non stackable.
    They meant to do it with Mr. Fantastic’s “Council of Reeds” synergy, which was based on a specific storyline from Hickman’s run on FF in the comics, and that was a pretty cool thing, but to my knowledge, that was the only time they intended for different rarities of the same character to be on a team

I know it’s easy to say “Kabam should have known this would happen” but sometimes I just sit here and go “why would anyone want to play a game with 200 characters but put four of the same ones when you have five slots available on a quest,” so I would be just as guilty as Kabam, because I think that’s a silly way to play
    HI_guys said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

“why would anyone want to play a game with 200 characters but put four of the same ones when you have five slots available on a quest,”

Synergy champs aren't new. Usually with ghost you use antman and wasp and hood whom you most likely won't use to fight anyway. You use the champs you need to get the quest done
    Been here since the game launched and when Synergies were introduced, so I understand that and I see people’s desire to clear content any way possible

But as I said, there’s Synergies and there’s this stretch of putting four of the same characters on the same team to stack pre-fights. Everyone should have known that was not intended or was going to be allowed for long

Going way back to the Perfect Block synergies,, and that had different characters, one thing has never changed in this game: Soft exploits are not going to be allowed
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,135 ★★★★★
    Tbh if u spent on an ability that should of been capped at first why spend for him as of course it will be fixed to be capped its like spending on a bug that then gets fixed at a later day ur gonna ask for refund then of course as ur stupid for going for somethingthat isnt intended, i bought odin cavs due to i wanted synergy thats all but the whole stacking pre fight u should think next time if that is working as intended especially how the abilities he gives are rather strong
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Cultee said:

Message clearly says they’re nerfing his support ability. And making his base ability more powerful.
    I bought those bundles because his support ability was amazing.

Isn’t this good because it means Odin himself will be more powerful?
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    The people who are complaining that they only bought the offers because of the Support ability - again, they are not nerfing the support/synergy abilities themselves, but the ability to exploit them (via stacking). And if they are angry about not being able to stack Odin prefights.... well that is like being angry that your 10% off coupons don't say limit one per purchase.

That is clearly not intended - no other prefights stack. The fact that something exploitable exists doesn't make it correct - remember the Mutant Treasure Island side quest?

People can be correctly angry that Kabam doesn't properly test their releases, as we are seeing a rash of course corrections post-release (The Hood buff......)

Buffing Odin itself is just a bonus, as the issue was more about stacking prefights with multiple Odin's.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

altavista said:

The people who are complaining that they only bought the offers because of the Support ability - again, they are not nerfing the support/synergy abilities themselves, but the ability to exploit them (via stacking). And if they are angry about not being able to stack Odin prefights.... well that is like being angry that your 10% off coupons don't say limit one per purchase.

That is clearly not intended - no other prefights stack. The fact that something exploitable exists doesn't make it correct - remember the Mutant Treasure Island side quest?

People can be correctly angry that Kabam doesn't properly test their releases, as we are seeing a rash of course corrections post-release (The Hood buff......)

Buffing Odin itself is just a bonus, as the issue was more about stacking prefights with multiple Odin's.

Well why wouldn’t they be angry. This exploit was known about before the bundles went on sale. I mean the CCP people posted about it and kabaam was silent about it. So you could take that as it was working correctly. Now after people spent their money they came out. If you don’t see an issue with this your just letting a bogus company getting by what should be illegal.
    You don't know that Kabam was salient about it. The CCP has direct contact with the Devs and Miike. They could (and probably have been) have been discussing this the entire time. We don't get to see behind the scenes and we don't deserve that much transparency either. They made the change and the announcement BEFORE his crystal run was released. Yes the preview bundles were released but at that time, people didn't realize you could put multiple Odins on a team and stack buffs etc.. until the CCP started doing it and showcasing it. By then the bundles were already done with.

What Kabam is doing is far from illegal. They literally state in their TOS that have the right to modify anything at anytime in this game. They could shut the game down today and you'll still be in the same position and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. They'll lose out on a ton of money from the crystal sales run starting today and they're ok with it. They could have released the crystal run today and then made changes but they did that previously and it didn't go well.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    The clear and obvious solution is to not sell the champion at all until a fix is in. If they took two seconds to watch and CCP videos they would've seen that the synergies are too powerful. It is not rocket science. But Kabam has to make a buck first and worry about the results later.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Pmr3 said:

The NF bug I have never seen affect the AI nor have I seen anyone say it has affected the AI. So there goes your bogus argument with that.

Just because youve never seen it doesnt mean it doesnt happen
    Pmr3 said:

The blade bug I didn’t know about but the Corvus one I did and posted about it. WHICH YOU LITERALLY PROVED MY POINT WITH. THANK YOU. You literally showed tht the pro player bug was immediately fixed while the one that hurt us took awhile.

Pretty sure thats not true, Demons comment says something else at least.
    Pmr3 said:

Pro player bugs immediately fixed and ones tht hurt players not fixed

ELECTRO

HEIMDALL

AGGRESSION FURY

CHEESE

There goes your whole argument, good night
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Pmr3 said:

Voltolos said:

Pmr3 said:

The NF bug I have never seen affect the AI nor have I seen anyone say it has affected the AI. So there goes your bogus argument with that.

Just because youve never seen it doesnt mean it doesnt happen
    Pmr3 said:

The blade bug I didn’t know about but the Corvus one I did and posted about it. WHICH YOU LITERALLY PROVED MY POINT WITH. THANK YOU. You literally showed tht the pro player bug was immediately fixed while the one that hurt us took awhile.

Pretty sure thats not true, Demons comment says something else at least.
    Pmr3 said:

Pro player bugs immediately fixed and ones tht hurt players not fixed

ELECTRO

HEIMDALL

AGGRESSION FURY

CHEESE

There goes your whole argument, good night
    You hand picking 4 certain bugs to make a point doesn’t destroy my argument I could go thru an make a list which I’m sure would be longer and say there goes your whole argument.
    Its one big bug actually but you dont care about being correct or accurate anyway so why do I even bother?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Pmr3 said:

altavista said:

Well why wouldn’t they be angry. This exploit was known about before the bundles went on sale. I mean the CCP people posted about it and kabaam was silent about it. So you could take that as it was working correctly. Now after people spent their money they came out. If you don’t see an issue with this your just letting a bogus company getting by what should be illegal.
    You don't know that Kabam was salient about it. The CCP has direct contact with the Devs and Miike. They could (and probably have been) have been discussing this the entire time. We don't get to see behind the scenes and we don't deserve that much transparency either. They made the change and the announcement BEFORE his crystal run was released. Yes the preview bundles were released but at that time, people didn't realize you could put multiple Odins on a team and stack buffs etc.. until the CCP started doing it and showcasing it. By then the bundles were already done with.

What Kabam is doing is far from illegal. They literally state in their TOS that have the right to modify anything at anytime in this game. They could shut the game down today and you'll still be in the same position and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. They'll lose out on a ton of money from the crystal sales run starting today and they're ok with it. They could have released the crystal run today and then made changes but they did that previously and it didn't go well.
    You might have an argument if this was something that’s happened once or twice. But this has been going on for ages. This has happen countless times just like the bug issues. How long has NF been broke? Parry broke? Yet hood regen was fixed in less then 24hrs. Along with several other bugs that helped the community. If you don’t think they don’t do shady stuff to make money your crazy. Majority of companies do. And I’ll continue to say it. People like you who continue to fight for them everytime they screw the community over is why they continue to do it.
    Now I see your real agenda. Nothing you just listed as anything to do with what's happening with Odin. This isn't a bug fix. You are trying to equate a completely broken (not bug broken) mechanic to "pro player" bugs. These are not the same things. How long were you holding all that in before you decided this was the time to throw that out there.

Hood wasn't fixed in 24 hrs and in fact, he was reverted completely so it wouldn't even matter. NF fury isn't the only champ that currently isn't working because of the persistent charge bug. Mephisto is also experiencing the same thing. But guess what, that same bug helps players as well. If NF or Mephisto are defenders and the persistent charge is missing, they lose those abilities tied to the charges, NF starts in 2nd life as a defender and Mephisto doesn't heal at 30/35% HP. I'm sure other likes Heimdall are the same. So there goes your theory right out the door.

Not to encourage your crazy but it's absolutely insane that people like you think there is some magic button that fixes game bugs. It's obvious that you've never worked for a game design company let alone coded anything in your entire life. Things exist on 2 planes in this game where we as players interact with the game itself. There is game data that is pulled from the server and there is game data pull from where the game is store. Things like crystals and visuals are server side and are much easier to fix. Other things exist where the production version of the games is hosted at Kabams HQ. This also where their QT and Stage environments exist as well. Bugs that exist in the on the client side generally are much harder to pinpoint and aren't easy to fix. No game designer in the history of game designing wants to have bugs in their game but no matter how good a company is or how much money a game makes, bugs exist regardless.

There are bugs fixed often that we don't even know about unless you check the log which i'm sure you don't. There's been all kinds of things that "hurt" the players and they fixed right away. People like you, only remember or pay attention to certain instances where it's fixed "fast" and then you hold onto those instances and bring them up time after time after time. Remember the Blade infinite heal bug a couple months ago? Well people like you keep saying Kabam fixed a pro player bug so fast but what you NEVER include is that same bug caused Corvus Glaive to not be able to power drain on SP2 when the defender went to 3 bars. That same bug also caused players to not be able to do an entire lane in Cavalier difficulty until it was fixed 2 days later. But all you people do is say how fast they fixed Blade.

This entire notion that Kabam screws the community all the time is just dumb and overplayed. If you really felt like they screwed the community so often, you wouldn't actually be here and you wouldn't still be playing the game nor would you spend some money like you stated that you did. Stop watching Prof Hoff videos and actually go and learn a little bit. Might open your eyes finally.
    You know wht I said but twisted my words to try and do anything you could to defend kabaam. I was just discussing kabaam as a whole does and you know it. Ok maybe not 24hrs but almost immediately after discussed. And yeah they did revert him back but that was after the regen bug. The NF bug I have never seen affect the persistent charge of the AI nor have I ever seen anyone say it did. So there goes tht argument. And I never use blade so no I didn’t know about that big but I did know and post about the Corvus bug that took awhile to fix. And you literally prove my point. Blade was immediately fixed and Corvus wasn’t right? Hood immediately fixed and persistent charges not. And there are countless other bugs that were pro player and were immediately fixed yet ones that have been hurting community havent been. I don’t watch prof Hoff btw. And like I said I only play bc my alliance keeps asking me to play. I have left the game many times for months at a time and alliance asks me back.
    I didn't twist your words. I took what you said and proved you wrong. Blade, CG and the path in Cav difficulty was fixed all at the same time because they were caused by the same bug. So no, CG didn't take longer. Hood was reverted back to original form so throw all that out the window.

Just because you haven't seen something, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I can 100% tell you that if NF and Mephisto are defenders, they lose all their abilities tied to persistent charges if the icon is missing. If you experience the bug and can see them missing when you look at your roster, duel the Kabam NF and see for yourself. Pretty easy to see.

Also, if you and this PMR3 person are the same, having 2 forum accounts is against forum ToS.
    Let’s see a video of AI losing persistent charge then. And I have 2 game accounts therefore two forum accounts. One for each account.
    https://youtu.be/CUtNYDvyeR8

Feel free to like and subscribe.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★
    I feel like people have the timeline all wrong on this, saying that the interaction with Ghost was known prior to crystal sales going live. Both Brian Grant and Seatin posted videos about it, but neither were posted right at the jump when Kabam’s content embargo lifted. Brian was the first one to discover this, and he didn’t post his video about it until at least 9 hours after crystal sales were already live.

I don’t think Kabam knew about this interaction prior to selling Odin crystals. I don’t think the vast majority of the player base knew about it until after having bought them. I also cannot stress enough that this change does not impact you unless you pulled multiple rarities of Odin, specifically both the 5* and 6* Odin if you’re talking about high-end story content. Kabam’s response to an unintended game-breaking interaction, in my opinion, is very good. I hope the next new champion is cool.