**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fate seal not removing buffs with Longshot

HI_guysHI_guys Posts: 4,897 ★★★★★
I'm not sure if this is a bug because I'm new to Longshot.

In abyss Hyperion fight my Longshot was unable to nullify the buff he had before triggering fate seal but was able to prevent any form happening after

Comments

• Do you happen to have video of this, or have you seen this happening more than once or anywhere else?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    It is likely the same thing as Angela’s regeneration buff and fate seal that was previously shown when using ghost rider.

It appears that when fate sealed a champion who procs buffs via charges can expend a charge at the same moment the fate seal is applied allowing a buff to proc. Angela does it with her resilience charges and Hyperion does it with his cosmic charges.
    edited November 2020
    Here is a gif of Longshot and the same interactions

• Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    Angela has nullify resistance with the awakened ability. That could be what was happening with her.

As for abyss Hyperion Idk to be honest. Probably a bug.
    Thought I would also show Black Widow (Claire Voyant) as another example of charges allowing buffs to proc at the same moment an anti buff effect is applied. She places her buff immunity debuff removing the power gain buff but another power gain buff is gained while a charge is expended.

P.S. If you think Angela’s sig ability is a factor she has the same behavior unawakened which is where her nullify resistance comes from; that’s covered in both of the linked threads.
  • Jamesm7_Jamesm7_ Posts: 63

Do you happen to have video of this, or have you seen this happening more than once or anywhere else?

Happened to me too. In abyss longshot, idk what to do man...
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    Any movement on this one?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

It's a long time for a bug fix.

They first have to acknowledge it's a bug..... best of luck on your quest.
  • Huskers327Huskers327 Posts: 105
    I can confirm this interaction between Longshot and Hyperion is still taking place. See below vid of the abyss Hyperion. This bug (assuming it is a bug) cost me about 2 additional revives in my estimation, due to Hyperion being able to reach sp3 when he shouldn’t have been able to.

https://youtu.be/FQNI24E3CjA
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    I’ve also recently noticed that buffs triggered while fate seal is already active are no longer getting turned into incinerate damage. Today is the first day I’ve noticed this change and would be a huge blow to the champion if it remains.
  • Trizzy_MillzTrizzy_Millz Posts: 30

Do you happen to have video of this, or have you seen this happening more than once or anywhere else?

it's November 2021 and this interaction is occurring, even with new characters.
    Cav EQ fate seals Sersi. However, she is able to gain Buffs after it's been applied.

I'm attempting to add the video. I've got it down to 5 seconds and 10 mbs but it won't let me add it.