**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

CMM Captain Marvel Movie needs a buff, or some serious adjustments

2»

Comments

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Captain Marvel Classic having very high energy resist would be cool. For CMM tho...
    LOL
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Shortest post from DNA3000 ever?
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

No.
    All true.

And CMM i still the 3rd best Cosmic when duped in my eyes.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

If people can ask buff for Groot the one and only beyond and above all God tiers champ then why OP can't request a buff for CMM ?

No seriously he can't lol 🤣
    You make a good point
  • Maxwell24Maxwell24 Posts: 411 ★★★

This is one of the many things that doesn't make sense about this game. 😕 CMM absorbs energy, so she should be immune to any and all energy damage. It doesn't make sense that she can be hurt by Red Skull's Tesseract. HOW is that even possible when in the movie, (which is who the character is based off of) she absorbed energy from the tesseract?!? Since she absorbed it and it did not harm her, then she's immune to it! She should have power gain (yes like Hyperion or better) because with absorbing energy comes additional power! She only has one immunity when she should have MANY, like other champions. Shock immunity should be added. And the 10sec "indestructible" while she's in binary ignition is a joke. She should be indestructible for the duration of her charges, regardless if she gets hit with a special. And if she gets hit while in indestructible mode, she shouldn't even flinch, like "unstoppable". Also, why not go ahead and throw in unblockable with unstoppable too like you've done with other champs. And shouldn't getting hit by CMM cause bleed/internal damage or at least concussions?? CMM is one of the most powerful heroes in Marvel, yet her full power has not been reflected in this game. Very disappointing.

DISSAPOINTING? SHES ONE OF THE BEST COSMICS MATE
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Eff it. Void needs a buff.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Bawa69 said:

one of those post where i cant decide whether i should hit "disagree" or "lol"....

Why not both?
    There needs to be a 'no lol' reaction
    I’ve decided to start lobbying for “yikes” and “???” reactions
    I need a reaction that looks like this:

Preferably called "What even???"
    yo is that an ace hardware store in the top left
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    CMM and Nick Fury both need buffed. Capt. Marvel was by far the best movie in the MCU and they didn’t do the two main characters from that movie any justice. Just arena fodder.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    ROFLMAO

Under the OP's philosophy, then if you have a Sentry or a Phoenix, then basically whenever you use them instead of going to the fighting screen it should just move go foward to the YOU WIN victory video... because according to Marvel Comics lore, both Sentry and Phoneix can literally obliterate anything in existence if they set their mind towards it.

When will people ever understand that this game happens within a world that is created by the collector, a world that has its own rules and whatever happens in the MCU earth does not necessarily have to have any bearing whatsoever on what happens/what powers champs have in the contest?

Just think of it: Do you think that in the MCU Hawkeye would have even a slight sliver of chance of winning if fighting Hulk? Seriously? His arrows would basically tickle him.

In the contest though? Well he has a chance because the Collector set it that way. It really is that simple.

The game's lore is CLEARLY EXPLAINED if you cared to read through the dialogs/story of the Story Quests. The OP obviously skips everything and thinks he's inside an MCU movie .... ROFLMAO!!!!
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Make the Nick fury synergy a part of her base kit and not a synergy
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

ROFLMAO

Under the OP's philosophy, then if you have a Sentry or a Phoenix, then basically whenever you use them instead of going to the fighting screen it should just move go foward to the YOU WIN victory video... because according to Marvel Comics lore, both Sentry and Phoneix can literally obliterate anything in existence if they set their mind towards it.

When will people ever understand that this game happens within a world that is created by the collector, a world that has its own rules and whatever happens in the MCU earth does not necessarily have to have any bearing whatsoever on what happens/what powers champs have in the contest?

Just think of it: Do you think that in the MCU Hawkeye would have even a slight sliver of chance of winning if fighting Hulk? Seriously? His arrows would basically tickle him.

In the contest though? Well he has a chance because the Collector set it that way. It really is that simple.

The game's lore is CLEARLY EXPLAINED if you cared to read through the dialogs/story of the Story Quests. The OP obviously skips everything and thinks he's inside an MCU movie .... ROFLMAO!!!!

In the DC game Injustice, this is explained with Kyrptonian nanotechnology. Every fighter in that game is essentially fighting with the same strength and power as a Kryptonian, which is what makes everyone a rough equal to Superman, from Batman to Harley Quinn to the Joker.

In MCOC, the same narrative function is served by ISO-8. Every single champion in MCOC is empowered by ISO-8, which is Celestial lifeforce in crystal form. On Battleworld everyone from Elektra to the Punisher to Kingpin is empowered by a force comparable to the power cosmic that empowers the Silver Surfer. That's what makes them fight on a roughly even level. And because Battleworld exists in a separate universal dimension, cosmically or dimensionally powered beings like Phoenix and Dormammu are really only there as aspects of their true selves, reducing their absolute power to that of everyone else.

To put it another way, everyone normally weaker than the Silver Surfer is brought up to that level. Everyone normally stronger than the Silver Surfer cannot utilize their full strength outside their normal reality while on Battleworld. That's what makes them (very) roughly equal, and why they don't have the exact same powers and strength they might have possessed in their original reality.
  • Wine_LoverWine_Lover Posts: 83
    This guy has the right idea! But there’s a few more things we could add. She can fly so she should be able to fly over those dumb fights on the maps. Also she has that cat in the move so maybe if you get KOed somehow, the cat could come out and preform CPR then you could gain all your health back. Obviously this would have no limit to the times this could happen in a fight, as aliens that look like cats don’t get tired. Finally because she doesn’t really have to get stronger in the movie she should come out of the crystal at max rank and level. Justice for CMM!
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,074 ★★★★
    limeade32 said:

Im like 99% sure this is a troll post, they literally vouched for near infinite damage immunity.

Not near infinite damage immunity. Where did you read that at?? She should have full damage immunity while she's in Binary Ignition. Since her binary charges decreases , her damage immunity won't be infinite.

There are different kinds of energy in the normal universe, wouldn’t make sense for the fake universe just to have a single kind that she would just naturally “absorb”, not does it make sense that energy delivered to her through different methods would necessarily do the same thing. If I give you chemical energy through food, you can break that down and use it as energy, but if you struck by lightening then you won’t just naturally be stronger, even though the energy contained in the bonds in food molecules is technically the same as the lightening bolt, just a different form.

As a side note, if you don’t think CMM is one of the most powerful champs in the game, clearly you haven’t used her with the NF synergy, or awakened, or ranked up, and you must not have heard how much everyone absolutely loves her.

Yeah. Ok. I'm sure Kabam considered lightning and food molecules when designing their fictional characters. 🙄 It's cool..you don't have to agree.

And to answer your other part, I DO think CMM is one of the most powerful champs in the game. I lo e CMM. She is one of my favorite characters in the MCU. She is almost ALWAYS on my team. I have her as an awakened 5*, at max rank, with max sig, and I've used her countless times with NF synergy. If it wasn't for my Magneto, she would be my top ranked champ. So tell me again how much you think I haven't used her? "Everyone" loving her is great! Doesn't mean there can't be some improvements made. If you have her on your team, as you assumed I didn't, then how does any of these suggestions hurt you as a player when you're using her??
    Ebony_Naw said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Wait, you were serious?

Of course not.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

There are different kinds of energy in the normal universe, wouldn’t make sense for the fake universe just to have a single kind that she would just naturally “absorb”, not does it make sense that energy delivered to her through different methods would necessarily do the same thing. If I give you chemical energy through food, you can break that down and use it as energy, but if you struck by lightening then you won’t just naturally be stronger, even though the energy contained in the bonds in food molecules is technically the same as the lightening bolt, just a different form.

As a side note, if you don’t think CMM is one of the most powerful champs in the game, clearly you haven’t used her with the NF synergy, or awakened, or ranked up, and you must not have heard how much everyone absolutely loves her.

Yeah. Ok. I'm sure Kabam considered lightning and food molecules when designing their fictional characters. 🙄 It's cool..you don't have to agree.

And to answer your other part, I DO think CMM is one of the most powerful champs in the game. I lo e CMM. She is one of my favorite characters in the MCU. She is almost ALWAYS on my team. I have her as an awakened 5*, at max rank, with max sig, and I've used her countless times with NF synergy. If it wasn't for my Magneto, she would be my top ranked champ. So tell me again how much you think I haven't used her? "Everyone" loving her is great! Doesn't mean there can't be some improvements made. If you have her on your team, as you assumed I didn't, then how does any of these suggestions hurt you as a player when you're using her??
    I can name atleast a 120 other champs who need improvement over her.
    Kill_Grey said:

She does need a small buff, but not at all in the way you're describing

how so? she's a top 5 cosmic, i don't think she needs to be buffed
    I don't think he even has a 5*
    I'm sorry....what?

I can name atleast a 120 other champs who need improvement over her.
    Ok. Not saying other champs don't need improvements too. I never gave her improvement priority or a time frame over other champs, just suggested some additions.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Kennado said:

Eff it. Void needs a buff.

he does; he ramps up too slowly

/s

DNA3000 said:

ROFLMAO

In the DC game Injustice, this is explained with Kyrptonian nanotechnology. Every fighter in that game is essentially fighting with the same strength and power as a Kryptonian, which is what makes everyone a rough equal to Superman, from Batman to Harley Quinn to the Joker.

In MCOC, the same narrative function is served by ISO-8. Every single champion in MCOC is empowered by ISO-8, which is Celestial lifeforce in crystal form. On Battleworld everyone from Elektra to the Punisher to Kingpin is empowered by a force comparable to the power cosmic that empowers the Silver Surfer. That's what makes them fight on a roughly even level. And because Battleworld exists in a separate universal dimension, cosmically or dimensionally powered beings like Phoenix and Dormammu are really only there as aspects of their true selves, reducing their absolute power to that of everyone else.

To put it another way, everyone normally weaker than the Silver Surfer is brought up to that level. Everyone normally stronger than the Silver Surfer cannot utilize their full strength outside their normal reality while on Battleworld. That's what makes them (very) roughly equal, and why they don't have the exact same powers and strength they might have possessed in their original reality.
    Lmaoooo. Yeah that's the logic. Suggesting that CMM has ONE more immunity along with her ONE and only immunity, AND giving her an indestructible/unstop/unblockable buff for the duration of her charges, instead of indestructible for only 10 seconds, (here's a secret, the buff ends when her charges end), is equivalent to asking Phoenix and Sentry to be able to obliterate anything because that's how they were written. You asked if I read the game story, but did you even read AND comprehend the post? Or did get deep your feelings and rush to be....YOU...over fictional characters that are always being improved??. Plus that's a terrible example considering many players claim Phoenix and Sentry are some of the worse champs that need buffs 🤣🤣🤣 Thanks for proving my point of how Kabam don't do the champs justice.

This guy has the right idea! But there’s a few more things we could add. She can fly so she should be able to fly over those dumb fights on the maps. Also she has that cat in the move so maybe if you get KOed somehow, the cat could come out and preform CPR then you could gain all your health back. Obviously this would have no limit to the times this could happen in a fight, as aliens that look like cats don’t get tired. Finally because she doesn’t really have to get stronger in the movie she should come out of the crystal at max rank and level. Justice for CMM!

Yes! A max rank and max level champ that will surely make Kabam spazz will be a great addition! That will save so much time and resources! Great thinking! Justice for CMM! Now you're talking!! Let's hashtag it! And while you're at it, pucker up a little tighter 😙 lmaooo. Smh.
    Some of you are taking this suggestion entirely too seriously 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Like it would mess up your entire life if these changes happened. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Too overly involved and invested. Man... I swear it's not that serious. 😂😂😂
    Some of the suggestions would actually benefit you if you use CMM. But...I digress 🤣
    _Sham_ said:

If people can ask buff for Groot the one and only beyond and above all God tiers champ then why OP can't request a buff for CMM ?

No seriously he can't lol 🤣
    Oook...I get the sarcasm lol

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

No.
    All true.

And CMM i still the 3rd best Cosmic when duped in my eyes.

CMM and Nick Fury both need buffed. Capt. Marvel was by far the best movie in the MCU and they didn’t do the two main characters from that movie any justice. Just arena fodder.

So true! You get it!! *sarcasm*
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

She does need a small buff, but not at all in the way you're describing

how so? she's a top 5 cosmic, i don't think she needs to be buffed
    I don't think he even has a 5*
    I'm sorry....what?

I was talking to @KDSuperFlash10
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    Ok sir
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    No