**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Overhaul Candidates

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
This is a frequent forums topic, and deservedly so. When I look at the fleet of 6*’s, though, I’m convinced the number of champs who need a complete overhaul isn’t as large as one might think.

When I look at my roster, there are plenty of underperforming champs. But many of them could be improved with basic numbers adjustments or via the addition of a simple buff/debuff/limited immunity type of change. As an example, take Beast: not anywhere near the top of the mutant class, but also not totally irredeemable. Numbers adjustments, maybe a shrug mechanic or the ability to apply some more debuffs (a la MrF) would make him a decent utility champ. But I don’t think that rises to the level of an overhaul.

I also don’t believe the purpose of an overhaul should be to make a champ one of the best overall in the game. Rather, the goal should be to bring a champ into the current state of the game and make them a viable choice for at least some of the current content.

So here’s my list of top overhaul candidates by class. I’m sure opinions will differ—but these are the most urgent in my opinion and in most cases the most long suffering.

Skill
Karnak
OGBP

Cosmic
Groot
SIM
Drax

Mystic
Iron Fist
Juggs

Science
Joe Fixit
Ant-Man
OG Spidey
(Miles is omitted because he is a certain overhaul case)

Tech
Iron Patriot
Howard the Duck
OGIM

Mutant
Unpopular opinion I’m sure, but I’m not convinced any mutant needs a total overhaul. Both Cykes and DPX would be top of list for me if anyone, but I tend to think values updates and minor tweaks could make those champs useful again. I wouldn’t object to an overhaul—but I think the mutant class generally is a strong one top to bottom.

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Og BP is getting overhauled

also knew you would choose beast for your example
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★

Good catch. Forgot that. And of course Beast.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Yeah, and Miles is also getting overhauled

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Yeah, and Miles is also getting overhauled
    Noted that one.

Dr. Zola
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Agree with this list.
    Danyal_39 said:

I gues both Caps also kinda needs overhaul cause they've got really limited abilities. Also War Machine also comes to mind, but he can be done good with a good tune up of abilities and numbers.
    As for side note, Ebony Maw is one of the best value update candidate as if played right you can end entire fights without getting touched even once (except miss counters). Also he's got a bit of power gain as well as good nullify and degeneration as DOT to which no one is naturally immune to. He just hit so weak that fights take eternity. With a good value update, Maw will be able to transcend reality and take his rightful place as the master of his Mighty herald Terrax!!!

if they do overhaul they should touch his block except maybe to let him block unblockable attacks
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Danyal_39 said:

I gues both Caps also kinda needs overhaul cause they've got really limited abilities. Also War Machine also comes to mind, but he can be done good with a good tune up of abilities and numbers.
    As for side note, Ebony Maw is one of the best value update candidate as if played right you can end entire fights without getting touched even once (except miss counters). Also he's got a bit of power gain as well as good nullify and degeneration as DOT to which no one is naturally immune to. He just hit so weak that fights take eternity. With a good value update, Maw will be able to transcend reality and take his rightful place as the master of his Mighty herald Terrax!!!

if they do overhaul they should touch his block except maybe to let him block unblockable attacks
    Punctuations...
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Yes, I agree with everyone

Dr. Zola :*
    Danyal_39 said:

Both Caps were on the line for me. Ultimately, I decided some value updates and added utility could make them useful (for example, super high BP, increased stun chance, reduced opp power rate while stunned, more debuffs, even a mechanic like Guardian where certain strikes take back a bit of opponent power bar).

Certainly, they need more than a value update only. But I think the basic moveset with a few added kit pieces (which would need to be different for OG vs. WW2) could make them viable.

Dr. Zola
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69
    edited March 2021
    My friend @DrZola

Beast when high sig from what I remember has a decent healing ability. His lack of damage is the thing that probably has left him behind. I'd like to see him have an increased bleed ability, maybe can gain a passive fury or two and have an increased ability accuracy against debuff shrugs from skill heros. That would be unique and a good counter to the likes of Mole Man, King Pin and some of the others in the class.

As for the classes and reworks, I agree mostly with your list.

Cosmic, would benefit from the two Cap Marvels getting some sort of tweak. Kamala perhaps extended fury buffs. Groot would be the most needed though. Drax could use something extra and Ronan would be fun if he could have a little extra source for damage and perhaps build some of that Cosmic Tree Mastery into his kit where he can ignore armor the higher his combo or something.

Mystic, Iron fist could add a bit more utility on nullifying buffs and a chi mechanic that build up his power for damage or can be used to heal. Dr Strange, please fix back to pre 12.0.

Tech, War Machine is very outdated. I think Both Visions could use something similar to the Warlock and Aarkus synergies. They shouldn't hit like wet noodles. Ultron's would be nice as well.

Skill, Both Black Panthers would be good, Give Hawkeye 3 different arrow types that you can switch through, A small tweak to WS giving his power drain more consistency and longer more powerful fury buff. Karnaks SP1 needs some damage and just really his damage overall other than that he has cool abilities.

Science, Hulk and Fix it are number one on my list, Spider-Man and Caps two.

Mutant, Has to be both Cyclops at this point.

Kabam could instantly fix 6 OG Hero's if they put the infinity gauntlet buffs back on them. Hulk, Ironman, Cap, Black Widow, Hawkeye. I think Thor may have had a buff in there as well. Even if they toned down those buffs they were really good but sadly only used for 1 month.
  • I am surprised no one mentioned Spider-Man (Symbiote) & Ms. Marvel/Capt. Marvel (Classic). Ms. Marvel & Capt. Marvel are very basic and the only value they bring are Poison Immunity. I know black suit Spider-Man hits hard on his SP2, but he is still underwhelming for me. But that is my personal issue; I despise redundancy for the sake of more models/sales.

I also personally don’t like the fight style of Black Panther (Civil War), deeply unsatisfying. And Red Skull was very disappointing when he was released. His glass Armor Ups alone make me avoid him. I don’t want a synergy for this fix; there needs to be a completely different solution to this problem.

Danyal_39 said:

I can’t type 🤦‍♂️ meant to say shouldn’t touch his block
    @9ball_Dorky_McDork and @Mobius360 agree on the reskins. I tend to forget about all the slightly different versions of classic champs (Ms. Marvel in particular, who is surprisingly available as a 6*).

Those would all be good additions, especially with updates that differentiate them from the primary version.

Good ideas...

Dr. Zola
  • While I did mention those champs, I’m actually on the side of maintaining the status quo - do not change the champs. I have a limited time to play and even less resources to rank up every champ that is useful.

I am in the camp of curating the list of champs. It’s a different discussion for another day. Plus Kabam is set on releasing their 2015 models with their 2016-2021 models for every star rarity. If they were a car company, even without the pandemic, they would belly up. Terrible business model.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    I think it should look more like this

Skill

Karnak
    Agent Venom
    OG Daredevil

Science

Sentry
    Miles Morales*
    Ant-man

Tech

Iron Patriot
    War Machine
    Green Goblin

Cosmic

Superior Iron Man
    Groot
    Phoenix

Mystic

Juggernaut
    Iron Fist
    Dr Strange

Mutant

Beast
    Rogue
    Psylocke
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69

I am surprised no one mentioned Spider-Man (Symbiote) & Ms. Marvel/Capt. Marvel (Classic). Ms. Marvel & Capt. Marvel are very basic and the only value they bring are Poison Immunity. I know black suit Spider-Man hits hard on his SP2, but he is still underwhelming for me. But that is my personal issue; I despise redundancy for the sake of more models/sales.

I have a ranked up Spider-Man Symbiote, he could use a little love but he's not terrible either. I would like a new SP1 animation for him and more tied into the Symbiote Class, there's literally one synergy he's part of that has something to do with bleeds which he can't do.

He should gain buffs like Venom and Carnage I feel.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Og bp over Elektra or moonknight? Ogbp has good synergies, is excellent for do you bleed and the skill, bleed cav EQ node.

Now I think he should be in there... but not above the other two, they have to be on a list.

Especially if you leave off og cap in the science bracket.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    A Groot and Antman buff will be heavily Appreciated
    Not cause I have both as 6 stars

• JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    Moon knight and Dorm
    edited March 2021
    Good comments all. Thanks to everyone for participating. My hope would be that threads like these are useful to the team in terms of triaging overhauls.

And I do agree that some champs mentioned by @Moosetiptronic and @JragonMaster170 are surely on the list somewhere. I simply thought they would be able to be made relevant via less intrusive means.

When I think about the type of changes that would help those kind of champs, I look to Masacre for a blueprint. Granted, he was better before his buff than either Elektra or MK now. But with the addition of Disorient and quicker incinerates, he’s significantly better and more fun to play. Consider similar upgrades for Elektra and MK that harness AAR, stronger DoT and other debuffs and you can see how they would become someone you might actually reach for now and then.

Most importantly—thanks for taking time to discuss.

Dr. Zola
  • BinkPlayzBinkPlayz Posts: 99 ★★
    OGBP and Miles are already getting buffed at some point and IF is okay but could use an angela/massacre style buff

other than that good list
  • Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Posts: 309 ★★
    Damn, he's got less than 1k dislikes
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    Juggs, Sentry.