**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who to pick from my nexus...

MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
Definitely not the best nexus but it was from a cav so *shrug*. I have Apocalypse for Psylocke but I also have suicides and I know that Civil Warrior and Psylocke not very good with suicides... so Dormammu? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    If you have Apoc, go Psylocke no question
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Well actually I do have one question. Psylocke is not very good with suicides I don't think because she has somewhat poor block prof, no immunities, and I think she needs to use normal specials so won't she be a bad pick?
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Dormammu I would assume will get a damage update at some point in the near future, he's a prime candidate for one
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    CIVIL WARRIOR 100%

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Dormammu for sure, at least for me. Doesn’t have the craziest damage, but utilities are for sure there, and definitely useful with suicides. He also is one of those that I could see getting a numbers tune-up sometime soon.
  • Matthew950Matthew950 Posts: 155
    Psylocke is the safe pick but if dormammu gets a buff then...
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

Well actually I do have one question. Psylocke is not very good with suicides I don't think because she has somewhat poor block prof, no immunities, and I think she needs to use normal specials so won't she be a bad pick?
    i have never played with psylocke, but by reading her abilities and synergies she only needs one well-timed SP3 if you run Apoc with her, then it's just a matter of punching your opponent, becoming stronger for each psy-charge you gain and ending the fight with a powerful heavy (and i mean really powerful) ^_^

i have never played with psylocke, but by reading her abilities and synergies she only needs one well-timed SP3 if you run Apoc with her, then it's just a matter of punching your opponent, becoming stronger for each psy-charge you gain and ending the fight with a powerful heavy (and i mean really powerful) ^_^
    Hmmm good point. The only research I did was watch a couple VODs about Psylocke. But based on some very (very) rough math by the time I would get to an SP3 I would have about 20 psicharges by the time I got to an SP3 so about 27400 damage on a heavy, so not that much considering no utility without her power drain capabilities.

After thinking it over there is a 95% chance I am gonna go Dormammu, since realistically I won't use either of the other two, and with Dormammu I can at least have
    A. Some reliable power control.
    B. Someone I can use a lot since they won't die from suicides.
    C. Potential buff candidate.
    Thanks for all the help guys.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    @MrInsanity i had a different thought when i read her abilities: with Apoc you will gain psy-charge just by hitting your opponent, and the SP3 consumes those charges to power burn the opponent while also power locking him, so if you throw your SP3 when you have at least five charges you should bring your opponent to 0 power, power lock and stun him. At this point you just do a five hit combo to guarantee to gain a psy-charge, and your opponent won't be able to gain power anymore (unless he has some kind of power gain), and you can just kill him. I also want to add that she gains 5% atk for each psy charge with apoc synergy, an increase in Crit Damage Rating by her own and even additional atk and crit damage rate if you make her an horseman ^_^

@MrInsanity i had a different thought when i read her abilities: with Apoc you will gain psy-charge just by hitting your opponent, and the SP3 consumes those charges to power burn the opponent while also power locking him, so if you throw your SP3 when you have at least five charges you should bring your opponent to 0 power, power lock and stun him. At this point you just do a five hit combo to guarantee to gain a psy-charge, and your opponent won't be able to gain power anymore (unless he has some kind of power gain), and you can just kill him. I also want to add that she gains 5% atk for each psy charge with apoc synergy, an increase in Crit Damage Rating by her own and even additional atk and crit damage rate if you make her an horseman ^_^

Alright, this made me question my decision a little bit. But at the end of the day I don't want to spend too much time thinking about who to pick. I pretty much just flipped a coin, heads for Dormammu and tails for Psylocke and it hit heads. So yeah. Hopefully the coin didn't betray me.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    I agree with the consensus that go Psylocke if u have Apoc, if not go CW if you like/have use of him post buff or roll the dice with Dorm with the expectation of a great biff. Personally, I would probably roll the dice with Dorm.

I'm a bit confused though why everyone says Dorm is good with suicides????! Yes his immunities help with the suicide DoT but he needs to throw sp1/sp2 for power lock and such, which is part of his utility.... Am I missing sumth? Is he immune to recoil???

I agree with the consensus that go Psylocke if u have Apoc, if not go CW if you like/have use of him post buff or roll the dice with Dorm with the expectation of a great biff. Personally, I would probably roll the dice with Dorm.

I'm a bit confused though why everyone says Dorm is good with suicides????! Yes his immunities help with the suicide DoT but he needs to throw sp1/sp2 for power lock and such, which is part of his utility.... Am I missing sumth? Is he immune to recoil???

He has regeneration as well.