**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

AQ (Map 7) changes mostly great but....

GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
Taking away the links on paths was/is a great change however having every path link the mini in section 2 is a nightmare for bg's that have foreign players.

Current iteration you fight through one path noded if you have some foreign players in your bg but now you have to do that AND fight the boss noded. And that's only if you have 2 foreign players in each bg.

You're close to making a QOL change here but being extra fast through section 1 isn't going to make a difference if you're stuck in section 2 because players are asleep.
Proposed solution:
Remove links to boss from middle paths (5/6) in section 2 so that we can play with our foreign buddies.

Comments

• KrisGJJKrisGJJ Posts: 69
    This is NOT a good change. Many alliances did boss rush method to get the 10% t5cc... this will drastically impact so many alliances in a very negative way
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Taking away the links on paths was/is a great change however having every path link the mini in section 2 is a nightmare for bg's that have foreign players.

Current iteration you fight through one path noded if you have some foreign players in your bg but now you have to do that AND fight the boss noded. And that's only if you have 2 foreign players in each bg.

You're close to making a QOL change here but being extra fast through section 1 isn't going to make a difference if you're stuck in section 2 because players are asleep.
    Proposed solution:
    Remove links to boss from middle paths (5/6) in section 2 so that we can play with our foreign buddies.

While this is now concerning to me. We have a guy that joins around 10pm my time. By 11pm I have the 2nd boss down. I don’t think this will screw that up much but there is potential of someone else falling asleep before he joins...
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Well most of the changes are welcome
    But having all lanes giving a node to mini boss destroy some strategy

Some alliances did find a way to get some T5cc from AQ by mixing AQ6&7 and by doing some kind of boss rush in AQ7

That helped save potions. Now they will have to do the 100% or else they will not be able to finish the AQ and get some T5cc
    Jaded said:

Stellar said:

Some alliances did find a way to get some T5cc from AQ by mixing AQ6&7 and by doing some kind of boss rush in AQ7

That helped save potions. Now they will have to do the 100% or else they will not be able to finish the AQ and get some T5cc

That’s a good thing.

Earn the t5cc the hard way folks 😂
    How is it a good thing ?

Does that take something from you if alliances have strategy to earn some t5cc ?
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    The issue I'm trying to bring to light is being stuck in section 2 because now every lane links the boss in that section.

Section 1 only has 7 links but section 2 has 9.

Having to fight through a linked node is one thing but having to also fight through a linked mini-boss simply because we have foreign timezones is another.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★

The issue I'm trying to bring to light is being stuck in section 2 because now every lane links the boss in that section.

Having to fight through a linked node is one thing but having to also fight through a linked mini-boss simply because we have foreign timezones is another.

sounds like you have either some reorganizing or recruiting to do.
    IKON said:

Stellar said:

Jaded said:

Stellar said:

That’s a good thing.

How is it a good thing ?

Does that take something from you if alliances have strategy to earn some t5cc ?
    Does other players earning t5cc for less effort effect me when AW and prestige race are a thing? Why yes, yes it does.
    No it doesn’t because those alliances earning T5cc have less prestige and probably not in your tiers in AW.

If they had so much prestige so they could threaten you in AW they would not have to boss rush AQ7 😉

RakeYoung said:

OR maybe this game could stop trying to make AQ a chore. NOBODY likes AQ and adding time constraints to getting the second mini-boss down before US people go to bed just adds to the most unenjoyable game mode in mcoc.
    again, everything you've just said can be resolved with recruiting folks in your same or adjacent time zones.

i get that i'm being cold hearted right now, but if you have a foreign player, i'm sure they would want the same, to be in the same time zone as the rest of their BG.

We are an alliance with 3 different time zone from all over the globe and we have no pb with that. Lane are given to avoid someone being blocked while others are sleeping
    Stellar said:

IKON said:

Stellar said:

Jaded said:

Stellar said:

That’s a good thing.

How is it a good thing ?

Does other players earning t5cc for less effort effect me when AW and prestige race are a thing? Why yes, yes it does.
    No it doesn’t because those alliances earning T5cc have less prestige and probably not in your tiers in AW.

If they had so much prestige so they could threaten you in AW they would not have to boss rush AQ7 😉
    its not about prestige or AW, those players are earning a resource outside of the progression plan the developers have created in the game.

if those players need T5cc, there is plenty in story and permanent content in the game to get it.

but by boss rushing they are abusing a game mode they arent experienced or leveled up enough to do.
    RakeYoung said:

Stellar said:

IKON said:

Stellar said:

Jaded said:

Stellar said:

That’s a good thing.

How is it a good thing ?

its not about prestige or AW, those players are earning a resource outside of the progression plan the developers have created in the game.

if those players need T5cc, there is plenty in story and permanent content in the game to get it.

but by boss rushing they are abusing a game mode they arent experienced or leveled up enough to do.
    Abusing is maybe hard but i understand your point of views
    Ebony_Naw said:

RakeYoung said:

RakeYoung said:

OR maybe this game could stop trying to make AQ a chore. NOBODY likes AQ and adding time constraints to getting the second mini-boss down before US people go to bed just adds to the most unenjoyable game mode in mcoc.
    again, everything you've just said can be resolved with recruiting folks in your same or adjacent time zones.

i get that i'm being cold hearted right now, but if you have a foreign player, i'm sure they would want the same, to be in the same time zone as the rest of their BG.
    This is a possible solution, but is it in the best interest of the game that collaborative play be limited to localized time zones? I woukd be surprised if any Kabam employee prescribed this option because it goes against the nature of what they're trying to accomplish
    its cooperative game mode that requires players to engage with the game in real time, being in the same time zone is crucial so all players move swiftly thru the map.

while it sucks for the friendships we make in the game while progressing via the lower maps that dont require the real time movement from all members, its needed for the higher maps and as such we need to make sacrifices.

• IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

IKON said:

Stellar said:

Jaded said:

Stellar said:

That’s a good thing.

How is it a good thing ?

Ah yes, as we all know, once you join an alliance you are bound to them for eternity and are not allowed to leave, OR change the direction of the current alliance at any point. Whew.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I been in 100% map 7 for multiple years now and if people want to boss rush good for them. But this is definitely overall a pro player move.
    Ebony_Naw said:

IKON said:

Stellar said:

IKON said:

Stellar said:

Jaded said:

Stellar said:

That’s a good thing.

How is it a good thing ?

Ah yes, as we all know, once you join an alliance you are bound to them for eternity and are not allowed to leave, OR change the direction of the current alliance at any point. Whew.
    I think even forgetting about prestige race and all of that stuff, these players are taking a shortcut that sharply affects the economy of the game. The more t5cc in the game, the less the ones others have are valued and the sooner we rush in the r4 meta.

It was a legal loophole, but a loophole nonetheless. To those impacted, I recommend thinking of it as though you had a good run getting away with something, but the gig is up. As selfish as you think IKON and others are being, you are actually being equally and even more shortsighted in terms of how this affects others.

well said.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    What is the aq boss rush? I have never heard of that

What is the aq boss rush? I have never heard of that

they only clear the paths that link the minis in section 1 & 2 then full explore section 3 i believe.