**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why do you call them God if ...

GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
They have no immunities like Odin, Thor, Hela, Heimdall.

They easily die from bleed, poison, shock ... like normal people. Not God from my view.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    because they are gods
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Since when God has immunities to those? It isn't even a champion here
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    I mean, no champion “easily dies from bleed, poison, shock” unless it is quite a few or quite powerful bleed or poison or shock. It would make sense that the marvel definition of “god” would still die if they lost the majority of what keeps them alive and functioning (blood) or if a powerful enough toxin was given to them (poison) or if they got hit by a hundred lightening bolts (shock). In comics, what hurts a character has always kinda been up to the authors, not just the history of the character or what would really make sense based on a generalization of their character.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    _Sham_ said:

They are God Tier not God. It's not same

Since he mentioned Heimdall, I assumed he was literally talking about MCOC champions that are referred to in Marvel lore as "Gods" and not "God Tier champs" in the game.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

I mean, the term omnipotence doesn’t leave much to the imagination as to what can (or rather can’t) harm Him.

But towards to OP’s question, at least in the MCU (I never read Thor comics) Odin says “we are not gods”. Asgardians are just humans with much longer lifespans, greater physical capabilities, and access to mystical weaponry.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★

I mean, the term omnipotence doesn’t leave much to the imagination as to what can (or rather can’t) harm Him.

But towards to OP’s question, at least in the MCU (I never read Thor comics) Odin says “we are not gods”. Asgardians are just humans with much longer lifespans, greater physical capabilities, and access to mystical weaponry.
    The comics go back and forth depending on the writer and the story whether they're just other dimensional variant humanity or have origins as in the classical stories, overlapping contradictions between pantheons and all, or (lately) some combination of the above that has a bidirectional relationship of varying strength with beliefs and faith with some aspects solidified as inevitable destiny and some remaining malleable as possibilities.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

DNA3000 said:

_Sham_ said:

Since he mentioned Heimdall, I assumed he was literally talking about MCOC champions that are referred to in Marvel lore as "Gods" and not "God Tier champs" in the game.
    They are not Gods either, they are humanoid intelligent being from other worlds and have other powers.
    That's not a potato, it's a starchy tuber in the nightshade family.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

DNA3000 said:

_Sham_ said:

They are not Gods either, they are humanoid intelligent being from other worlds and have other powers.
    Nope, they’re Norse Gods
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    _Sham_ said:

DNA3000 said:

_Sham_ said:

Yeah, but the OP asked "why do you call them..." We were talking about the beings people call Gods, not debating the job qualifications of a deity.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Tbf, it's the same reality where Hela Godess of Death dies.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Would a real person appears before you wielding thunderbolts, living since thousands of years, and with the strength of a thousand men, i bet a lot of people would worship him as a god, whatever the truth about its origin 😅

As in the game, they are good champions but i would not put any of them in the god tiers category, even if they are called gods from the norse mythology