**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What level of difficulty do you want Summer of Pain to be at?

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Super hard, harder than any content yet released.
  • HerohanoiHerohanoi Posts: 113 ★★
    edited March 2021

It should be so hard that content creators, who crack all new content within the first hours, would be totally roadblocked during their streaming upon launch and not one of them manages it live. That it should take the community many days to figure out ways to beat it in theory. And to those who attempt it: weeks and weeks trying to succeed.

This is not content for me, but I wish the end game players much enjoyment 😂

This
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

"WHAT LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY DO YOU WANT SUMMER OF PAIN TO BE AT?"

As high as possible without being impossible for me to do itemless. But rarely do I get what I want.

I think the Maze is a good marker for where Season of Discomfort should land: it was extremely difficult for all but the strongest players. Today, we would all obliterate the Maze because we're all so much stronger, but I'm talking relative difficulty.

My suspicion is that we're looking at something above the Omega Boss Rush and the original Showdown difficulty, but below the Abyss.

It will defintley be alot harder than omega boss rush, that was a joke.

It will likely be harder than abyss excluding skirmish charges, at least I'm hoping it is, I just domt want any hit cap nonsense.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I want a piece of extremely difficult content but with a limit on the number of items you can use per fun so people can’t just revive their way through and have to use actual skill and planning, and also an attempt to track down people using mercs for it

Hmm, I’m all about this. I don’t know how I feel on items, that’s a harsh penalty. I am okay with maybe some items per fight, and your limit doesn’t reset until 8 hours or something like that.
  • AtomixX33AtomixX33 Posts: 63
    edited March 2021
    I would like them to have ridiculous health with no dmg cap and no stupid global nodes like in mulany challenge where u couldn’t use certain champs (mags) but im not saying to make it easy juste dont exclude champs to be used
  • JslapJslap Posts: 67
    Boss = The Chair
    AtomixX33 said:

I would like them to have ridiculous health with no dmg cap and no stupid global nodes like in mulany challenge where u couldn’t use certain champs (mags) but im not saying to make it easy juste dont exclude champs to be used

A damage cap is necessary or u can just bring og guilly with synergy andone shot everything.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

AtomixX33 said:

A damage cap is necessary or u can just bring og guilly with synergy andone shot everything.
    Cant they just put some korgs in there to stop that?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

AtomixX33 said:

Tbh, nerfing CGR in this content will be more of a challenge than og guilly.
  • AtomixX33AtomixX33 Posts: 63

Yes but imagine going against champs who have 10m health and see the full potential of gui 2099, sunspot, she hulk, mags, prof x and other champs who cant really show their full potential against rol lol or aol
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    Plot Twist : The content being released next month is Variant 7.
  • AceOfDiamondAceOfDiamond Posts: 197 ★★
    I want it to be so hard that people take screenshot to post on forum when they take down 2% of the first fight on the path. And I want it to restrict revive use but allow boosts.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Voltolos said:

AtomixX33 said:

If you can light intercept korg isn’t stopping that, you’d need a cable or man thing with super high attack
    Lvernon15 said:

Voltolos said:

AtomixX33 said:

If you can light intercept korg isn’t stopping that, you’d need a cable or man thing with super high attack
    Ye or an Elsa bloodstone
    Can we get just 1 fight in there where literally the only way to win is to quake them? Doesn't even have to be a tough champ, a lot of health, or on the easy path. But if this is the "toughest content", the person 100%ing should have to learn to quake and shake.

(Maybe If you complete fight heavy only, you get something nice like a 2hr 100% attack boost automatically applied after lol)
    And i think there should be no damage cap. Its not often we get to use some of these champs to their fullest.

Id be ok with a mix. some fights, vs non bs defenders, with limited added nodes, no damage cap, but like 75 mil hp. but then some fights have lowish 1 mil hp, but pages and pages of added nodes, specific counters needed, and near perfection play style needed. Not exactly this but u get the idea
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Jslap said:

Can we get just 1 fight in there where literally the only way to win is to quake them? Doesn't even have to be a tough champ, a lot of health, or on the easy path. But if this is the "toughest content", the person 100%ing should have to learn to quake and shake.

(Maybe If you complete fight heavy only, you get something nice like a 2hr 100% attack boost automatically applied after lol)

Quake will definitely be usable but making a fight that can only be quaked is not fun or challenging content. I can quake and I'd hate it.
    Jslap said:

And i think there should be no damage cap. Its not often we get to use some of these champs to their fullest.

Id be ok with a mix. some fights, vs non bs defenders, with limited added nodes, no damage cap, but like 75 mil hp. but then some fights have lowish 1 mil hp, but pages and pages of added nodes, specific counters needed, and near perfection play style needed. Not exactly this but u get the idea

Yeah that would be nice just let the skill players go wild. You don’t know satisfaction until you did LOL with a Starlord or did an X-23 with a Starlord.

I don’t think the fights should be so complicated, but LOL fights were very difficult without enraged. It was well designed content and people took a long time to get it done, something to strive for.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    SWORD78 said:

I personally would like it to be hard but not impossible

I want to be able to clear it as a Cav Player

You have that already. It is called Variant...
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I just want majority fights to be quake proof.
  • airmundoairmundo Posts: 145
    Act 7 difficulty with absolutely no item usage as an option. If we wanted content to be difficult, and fun, then making over the top, impossible to clear without revives content isn’t the answer (like abyss). Just make it somewhat difficult and don’t let any items be used.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    airmundo said:

Act 7 difficulty with absolutely no item usage as an option. If we wanted content to be difficult, and fun, then making over the top, impossible to clear without revives content isn’t the answer (like abyss). Just make it somewhat difficult and don’t let any items be used.

Caught ya on the forums 😂
    edited March 2021
    airmundo said:

I disagree act 7 is too easy for what summer of pain is supposed to be.
    Because its called summer of pain, does that mean it would only be available for the summer, or only during summer time every year? 🤔 plz no.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Jslap said:

If we can only Quake it, then it's pretty easy tbh.
    airmundo said:

Act 7 is way too encouraging.
  • AceOfDiamondAceOfDiamond Posts: 197 ★★
    I want it to be so hard that people take screenshot to post on forum when they take down 2% of the first fight on the path. And I want it to restrict revive use but allow boosts.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Global true strike and global "fragile" node, where back dashing causes a 1 second armour break..

Then start getting creative. Should be something for those like me who have done one abyss path, just think "hard pass" on.

Rewards should be brag focused, rather than destabilising to AQ. Should have a new purple or distinctive title, 6* generic AW gem and maybe a sig 100 gem (so it doesn't become mandatory for anyone in a top 100) and maybe a 6* trophy like labyrinth Ultron.