**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Super indecisive, which to R3

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Ghost

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

You’re posting this question on a forum that features many comments stating that colossus doesn’t have much utility. Think about that... then choose who you enjoy using the most. There’s no bad choice there.

I hear all this stuff about Colossus having a lot of utility and I have not once heard a valid argument. He has 3 immunities and armor ups... what am I missing? Nothing. I'm missing nothing. It's not that he has no utility but compare his to Omega, Mags, AA, Poco, Prof X, it doesn't compare.

He is immune to coldsnap, incinerate, bleed, armor break and armor shatter (except against techs), he gains armor ups which increase his attack. He gets a fury for his heavies. And his parry heavy makes evaders no problem. His ability to gain armors when a debuff he is immune to is attempted making someone like mephisto a breeze. Also when duped, parries reflect damage back on the defender.
    Not gonna debate who is better but to call that many things not a lot of utility and you haven’t heard a valid argument is simply disingenuous. I have a max sig 6 r3 omega and love him but colossus gameplay is simply usually easier for me due to the AI knowing to back off and be passive to interrupt spores.
    See, this is the kind of stuff I get every time I ask about his utility. A passive fury isn't a utility. Being able to handle stunnable evaders isn't a valid utility. Literally every champ in the game can deal with stunnable evaders in the same exact way Colossus can. So that leaves immunities and armor ups. I'm not saying it's bad utility cause it's obviously not. He has some of the least common immunities in the game and armor ups counter some things like Havok and buffed up, but it's ridiculous that people act like he has a lot of utility. The reason he's rated so highly is because of his damage.
    You keep saying he doesn’t have a lot of utility and that’s where the issue is. He has a lot of utility that you are dismissive of in favor of other utilities. A passive fury absolutely is a form of utility. His high damage from stacking his armors and using a heavy can land for over 30k. Not many others can do that. You’re giving incorrect information by framing colossus as inferior to people asking questions on forums that could greatly benefit from having him ranked up.
    How the hell is passive fury a utility? How? There's not a single place in the game where you need passive fury. And again you're talking about his damage. I've already said his damage is great. It's what even brings him into the top Mutant discussion sicne his utility isn't on par with the others I mentioned.
    Because it is more than nothing. It is something that not everybody has on their heavy attack. Utility involves parts to their kits that assist in fights. That fury adds damage. And I never said those other champs werent useful or as useful. They all are keys to certain matchups. I’m just saying that colossus is just as useful and not the mediocre dud you keep framing him as.
    Dude, passive fury is not a utility. If your excuse is that it adds damage, then pretty much everything in this game is a utility. I could add 10 different things to the list of the other characters' utility if that's supposed to count. And Colossus isn't just as useful since he doesn't have as much utility. He's not a dud but he's also not sure how amazing utility machine that you somehow think he is either.
    Ghost
    Dude, passive fury is not a utility. If your excuse is that it adds damage, then pretty much everything in this game is a utility. I could add 10 different things to the list of the other characters' utility if that's supposed to count. And Colossus isn't just as useful since he doesn't have as much utility. He's not a dud but he's also not sure how amazing utility machine that you somehow think he is either.
  • CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Warlock
    Etjama said:

Those are your opinions and perfectly fine for yourself but I listed his utilities and you dismissed them as not utility enough. I’m not gonna waste time trying to convince you because you’ve clearly made up your mind.

For anybody reading this that arent sure of certain champs and looking for answers, I implore you to avoid the forums and read up on the champs on auntmai and watch YouTube videos such as JasonVorhees to see how these champs play and who uses what to complete content.
    Ghost

Etjama said:

Those are your opinions and perfectly fine for yourself but I listed his utilities and you dismissed them as not utility enough. I’m not gonna waste time trying to convince you because you’ve clearly made up your mind.

For anybody reading this that arent sure of certain champs and looking for answers, I implore you to avoid the forums and read up on the champs on auntmai and watch YouTube videos such as JasonVorhees to see how these champs play and who uses what to complete content.
    No, passive fury isn't a utility. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. So of course you're not going to convince me otherwise. Calling passive fury a utility is just absolutely insane.
  • PlinkoPlinko Posts: 173 ★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

No, passive fury isn't a utility. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. So of course you're not going to convince me otherwise. Calling passive fury a utility is just absolutely insane.
    What exactly is your definition of utility?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    Ghost

Etjama said:

Ah, yes, I remember that time I ranked up Colossus for his passive fury utility...
    Oh wait, nope, I didn’t. That barely counters anything. That’s not a utility. At all
    Ghost
    Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Something in a champion's kit that allows him to bypass certain nodes and abilities. There is not a single node or abiltiy in this game that a passive fury would bypass.
    Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Something in a champion's kit that allows him to bypass certain nodes and abilities. There is not a single node or abiltiy in this game that a passive fury would bypass.
    It bypasses nullify and spite even though I wouldn’t use it for spite. And that’s not everybody’s definition of utility.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

It bypasses nullify and spite even though I wouldn’t use it for spite. And that’s not everybody’s definition of utility.
    But it’s the factual definition of utility
    Ghost
    Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

😂😂😂 That's so laughable. You're confusing bypassing with just not actively being bad against. And Colossus has armor up buffs anyways so he actually is actively bad against those nodes.
    Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

😂😂😂 That's so laughable. You're confusing bypassing with just not actively being bad against. And Colossus has armor up buffs anyways so he actually is actively bad against those nodes.
    That’s why I said I wouldn’t use him there. Why are you being rude?
    Ghost
    Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

I'm not trying to be rude, but not only is Colossus himself not actually a counter, but passive furies don't bypass those nodes. Or any nodes for that matter.
    Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

I'm not trying to be rude, but not only is Colossus himself not actually a counter, but passive furies don't bypass those nodes. Or any nodes for that matter.
    I personally like colossus better than most champs in the game as I used him more than any other champ when exploring act 6. Fights against robots and metal of course I’m gonna use red mags. And I’ll use torch against mystics usually.

Anyways, regardless of opinion on whether passive fury is considered a utility or not, I agree his immunities add up to have as much utility as any other. If you break down the counts for each champion and what exactly they can counter, I’ll bet you will find colossus fits in the top somewhere.

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

You’re posting this question on a forum that features many comments stating that colossus doesn’t have much utility. Think about that... then choose who you enjoy using the most. There’s no bad choice there.

I hear all this stuff about Colossus having a lot of utility and I have not once heard a valid argument. He has 3 immunities and armor ups... what am I missing? Nothing. I'm missing nothing. It's not that he has no utility but compare his to Omega, Mags, AA, Poco, Prof X, it doesn't compare.

He is immune to coldsnap, incinerate, bleed, armor break and armor shatter (except against techs), he gains armor ups which increase his attack. He gets a fury for his heavies. And his parry heavy makes evaders no problem. His ability to gain armors when a debuff he is immune to is attempted making someone like mephisto a breeze. Also when duped, parries reflect damage back on the defender.
    Not gonna debate who is better but to call that many things not a lot of utility and you haven’t heard a valid argument is simply disingenuous. I have a max sig 6 r3 omega and love him but colossus gameplay is simply usually easier for me due to the AI knowing to back off and be passive to interrupt spores.
    See, this is the kind of stuff I get every time I ask about his utility. A passive fury isn't a utility. Being able to handle stunnable evaders isn't a valid utility. Literally every champ in the game can deal with stunnable evaders in the same exact way Colossus can. So that leaves immunities and armor ups. I'm not saying it's bad utility cause it's obviously not. He has some of the least common immunities in the game and armor ups counter some things like Havok and buffed up, but it's ridiculous that people act like he has a lot of utility. The reason he's rated so highly is because of his damage.
    You keep saying he doesn’t have a lot of utility and that’s where the issue is. He has a lot of utility that you are dismissive of in favor of other utilities. A passive fury absolutely is a form of utility. His high damage from stacking his armors and using a heavy can land for over 30k. Not many others can do that. You’re giving incorrect information by framing colossus as inferior to people asking questions on forums that could greatly benefit from having him ranked up.
    How the hell is passive fury a utility? How? There's not a single place in the game where you need passive fury. And again you're talking about his damage. I've already said his damage is great. It's what even brings him into the top Mutant discussion sicne his utility isn't on par with the others I mentioned.
    Because it is more than nothing. It is something that not everybody has on their heavy attack. Utility involves parts to their kits that assist in fights. That fury adds damage. And I never said those other champs werent useful or as useful. They all are keys to certain matchups. I’m just saying that colossus is just as useful and not the mediocre dud you keep framing him as.
    dude, passive fury is just part of damage. Also we know he isnt mediocre but he isnt the best mutant and doesn't have a huge amount of utility
    Didn’t you say you don’t have a colossus even ranked up?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    G-2099
    Rare case of a warzone in the strategy and tips section...
    Ghost
    Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Bruh, no it does not. 😂
    Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

It bypasses nullify and spite even though I wouldn’t use it for spite because of the armors. And that’s not everybody’s definition of utility.
    Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Bruh, no it does not. 😂
    Can it be nullified?
    Ghost
    Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Bruh, no it does not. 😂
    Can it be nullified?
    No but those nodes don't require a fury in the first place. CAIW for example can do pretty well on Spite. But that's not because he has a passive fury, it's cause he as a character only gains precision from dex. CAIW as a character bypasses Spite, not his passive fury. Saying passive fury bypasses Spite is like saying Hyperion's Cosmic charges counters it, or that Corvus' glaive charges coutners it just because they're passives, not buffs. It makes zero sense.
    Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Bruh, no it does not. 😂
    Can it be nullified?
    No but those nodes don't require a fury in the first place. CAIW for example can do pretty well on Spite. But that's not because he has a passive fury, it's cause he as a character only gains precision from dex. CAIW as a character bypasses Spite, not his passive fury. Saying passive fury bypasses Spite is like saying Hyperion's Cosmic charges counters it, or that Corvus' glaive charges coutners it just because they're passives, not buffs. It makes zero sense.
    Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Bruh, no it does not. 😂
    Can it be nullified?
    Right but that wasn’t my point. I was just trying to point out that the fury itself cannot be nullified. Not that colossus is good for that node. His other utility in immunities, easy access to stacked armors, reflected damage, and high damage is what makes him useful. That passive fury is guaranteed on the heavy and can’t be stopped hence why I would consider it a utility itself. Which I know is a subjective term.
    Ghost
    Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Bruh, no it does not. 😂
    Can it be nullified?
    Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Bruh, no it does not. 😂
    Can it be nullified?
    Right but that wasn’t my point. I was just trying to point out that the fury itself cannot be nullified. Not that colossus is good for that node. His other utility in immunities, easy access to stacked armors, reflected damage, and high damage is what makes him useful. That passive fury is guaranteed on the heavy and can’t be stopped hence why I would consider it a utility itself. Which I know is a subjective term.

So this is a utility because it can't be nullified? No dude, it's not. A passive fury is not a utility under any conditions.
    Ghost
    HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Literally every champ in the game can deal with stunnable evaders in the same exact way Colossus can. .
    This is flat out wrong. Most champs if restricted to only attacking during stuns lose out on their utility and damage. Colossus does not suffer this problem. You can play him the exact same way you would fight non evade champs and get the same result.

Claire cant switch curses
    Omega cant keep spores as easily
    Doom rotation is difficult
    Stealthy has to wait till sp2 before being able to deal damage and even then will lose too much health
    Champs with tight rotation are screwed.
    Nick cant get his bleeds until he throws of 2-3 specials

And at the base doing only 3 hit combo means less damage for each block mad you lose lot of health to blockdamage
    There are plenty of parry heavy champs in this game and plenty of champs that do perfectly well with 3 hit combos. That doesn't mean I'm going to be calling them evade counters. Stunnable evade champs can be handled by every single champion in this game just fine so it's not exactly valuable. Stun immune evade champs are the ones that need to be countered.