**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Idea for Mystique in game

lqd1lqd1 Posts: 54
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
So......Let me start off by saying I know this would be a powerful synergy, but I feel this would do her the most justice. I believe Mystique should only have one synergy and it should be a prequest type. What it would do is allow you to activate "1" synergy of each champion on your team with her. This would play into her shapeshifting ability and allow her to be adding in easier with still having some nods to this in her abilities like healing. access to the synergy I would say should be allow at 4*. Would like to hear everyone thoughts.....
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    I think she should still have other synergies. Also this idea doesn't seem busted, it's an average power level. Cool idea!
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    I think they are far off form bringing her into the game. The tech they would need they probably don’t have.
  • lqd1lqd1 Posts: 54
    Thanks, & she could

I think they are far off form bringing her into the game. The tech they would need they probably don’t have.

I don't think it would be too hard to implement her.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

A while ago, Miike said that they really want to add Mystique to the game, but the tech they need to make her character just isn't there yet. Mystique is probably the most difficult champion to put in the game given her abilities and I don't think we will see her until next year.
    In that same thread, I wrote up some abilities for her. I'll try to find them.
    edited March 2021
    I found this on the thread I was referencing. (From Miike)
    Mystique may be the most requested Champion out there, but we haven't found a way to implement her that does justice with the technical limitations of Mobile Devices. For instance, allowing her to transform into Different Champions is very difficult, and could cause issues on many older/lower-end devices. Loading up Character Models is no easy feat for some Mobile Devices, and the more your Device is asked to load, the worse that strain is. Adding Ghost Rider's Motorcycle was one of the most impressive things that our team had done at the time!

We also hear that she could copy buffs/abilities of the other Champion, but that isn't very true to the source material. While we do have the ability to take some creative liberties here, that one personally just doesn't seem right to me... Besides, Rogue already does that in the Mutant Class!

I'm very interested to hear how you like to see Mystique work in-game.

Also my response to that.

Mystique certainly poses the biggest challenge of how she should work in game given the nature of her powers. My suggestion to at least part of her kit is to give her an ability similar to Karnak's ability to overcome his class disadvantage, except for Mystique have it so that she always has the class advantage (except for against the Eternal class, that's the one Maestro, The Collector, and 6.2 Champion are right?). You can either have it be that she gains the class advantage once the fight starts or she can gain it like how Karnak loses his class disadvantage. It'll be a good way to incorporate her shapeshifting ability without having to change her character model mid-fight.
    Other things I think would be good for her kit and true to her powers while not being difficult to implement would be increased physical resistance, psychic immunity, a small amount of regen, poison resistance (Not immunity), either critical resistance or critical immunity (she uses her powers to move her vital organs around so she can't be critically injured from gunshots to the heart or head, so crit resistance or immunity would be a neat reflection of that), and a camouflage ability that works similar to Hood's invisibility where she has X amount of chance to have an attack miss (This can be on a cooldown or even be a prefight ability [Say you can either activate camouflage, psychic immunity, or critical immunity depending on the fight]).

Mystique may be the most requested Champion out there, but we haven't found a way to implement her that does justice with the technical limitations of Mobile Devices. For instance, allowing her to transform into Different Champions is very difficult, and could cause issues on many older/lower-end devices. Loading up Character Models is no easy feat for some Mobile Devices, and the more your Device is asked to load, the worse that strain is. Adding Ghost Rider's Motorcycle was one of the most impressive things that our team had done at the time!

We also hear that she could copy buffs/abilities of the other Champion, but that isn't very true to the source material. While we do have the ability to take some creative liberties here, that one personally just doesn't seem right to me... Besides, Rogue already does that in the Mutant Class!

Mystique certainly poses the biggest challenge of how she should work in game given the nature of her powers. My suggestion to at least part of her kit is to give her an ability similar to Karnak's ability to overcome his class disadvantage, except for Mystique have it so that she always has the class advantage (except for against the Eternal class, that's the one Maestro, The Collector, and 6.2 Champion are right?). You can either have it be that she gains the class advantage once the fight starts or she can gain it like how Karnak loses his class disadvantage. It'll be a good way to incorporate her shapeshifting ability without having to change her character model mid-fight.
    Other things I think would be good for her kit and true to her powers while not being difficult to implement would be increased physical resistance, psychic immunity, a small amount of regen, poison resistance (Not immunity), either critical resistance or critical immunity (she uses her powers to move her vital organs around so she can't be critically injured from gunshots to the heart or head, so crit resistance or immunity would be a neat reflection of that), and a camouflage ability that works similar to Hood's invisibility where she has X amount of chance to have an attack miss (This can be on a cooldown or even be a prefight ability [Say you can either activate camouflage, psychic immunity, or critical immunity depending on the fight]).

Oh yeah... I forgot about processing power 😅
    Well, if shapeshifting is not possible then I agree with your idea about class advantage and like the other ideas for her kit. Coupled with the synergy idea, I would think then that this is the best Mystique for now.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    With all due respect , she’d crash the game.

This is why my idea would be to use her synergy as her shapeshifting ability. This would not take away from adding certain abilities to represent that within her I see you're being like Domino as a character that uses guns
    Sorry I meant, " I see her being like Domino using guns"
    lqd1 said:

This is why my idea would be to use her synergy as her shapeshifting ability. This would not take away from adding certain abilities to represent that within her I see you're being like Domino as a character that uses guns
    I really like your synergy idea, but it would be gamebreaking.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Shapeshifters are notoriously difficult to implement into fighting games, unless they use their abilities offensively like Mr Fantastic or Apocalypse. There is really no need for her to shapeshift into another champion during a fight. She's more of a stealth type character, but I think that having her morph parts of her body into weapons like claws, blunt weapons, monster hands/teeth would fit better with a fighting game.

lqd1 said:

I really like your synergy idea, but it would be gamebreaking.
    I like yours as well, & I agree it could be that's why I tried to limit it only to one per...
    phil56201 said:

Shapeshifters are notoriously difficult to implement into fighting games, unless they use their abilities offensively like Mr Fantastic or Apocalypse. There is really no need for her to shapeshift into another champion during a fight. She's more of a stealth type character, but I think that having her morph parts of her body into weapons like claws, blunt weapons, monster hands/teeth would fit better with a fighting game.

This is true & that would definitely work as well.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Combine that with some gun attacks and she could be a bleed champion.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    They could make prefights for her. For example if you’re going for some damage they could give her animations of thing, Shulk, hype, venom, etc. And the prefight gives her a more offensive based kit. I think they could do something along these lines if they were to add mystique
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,716 ★★★
    How about having her sp1 or 2 allow her to shape shift to the enemy she's fighting for a certain amount of time. She could assume all of the heroes ability and damage and so on.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★

It would be a very difficult challenge
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    This thread will probably be moved or closed because they have a Character Suggestion Thread already but interesting idea
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    doctorb said:

How about having her sp1 or 2 allow her to shape shift to the enemy she's fighting for a certain amount of time. She could assume all of the heroes ability and damage and so on.

And copy the Grandmaster, give him 5 tokens of blunder and instakill him? Great idea
  • Hey guys, if you haven't already, please take a moment to share any new Champion suggestions you have in our Character Wishlist Thread. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this discussion.
This discussion has been closed.