**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Super indecisive, which to R3

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Ghost
    HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Dude, passive fury is not a utility. If your excuse is that it adds damage, then pretty much everything in this game is a utility. I could add 10 different things to the list of the other characters' utility if that's supposed to count. And Colossus isn't just as useful since he doesn't have as much utility. He's not a dud but he's also not sure how amazing utility machine that you somehow think he is either.

Those are your opinions and perfectly fine for yourself but I listed his utilities and you dismissed them as not utility enough. I’m not gonna waste time trying to convince you because you’ve clearly made up your mind.

For anybody reading this that arent sure of certain champs and looking for answers, I implore you to avoid the forums and read up on the champs on auntmai and watch YouTube videos such as JasonVorhees to see how these champs play and who uses what to complete content.
    No, passive fury isn't a utility. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. So of course you're not going to convince me otherwise. Calling passive fury a utility is just absolutely insane.
    What exactly is your definition of utility?
    Something in a champion's kit that allows him to bypass certain nodes and abilities. There is not a single node or abiltiy in this game that a passive fury would bypass.
    It bypasses nullify and spite even though I wouldn’t use it for spite. And that’s not everybody’s definition of utility.
    Bruh, no it does not. 😂
    Can it be nullified?
    No but those nodes don't require a fury in the first place. CAIW for example can do pretty well on Spite. But that's not because he has a passive fury, it's cause he as a character only gains precision from dex. CAIW as a character bypasses Spite, not his passive fury. Saying passive fury bypasses Spite is like saying Hyperion's Cosmic charges counters it, or that Corvus' glaive charges coutners it just because they're passives, not buffs. It makes zero sense.
    Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Dude, passive fury is not a utility. If your excuse is that it adds damage, then pretty much everything in this game is a utility. I could add 10 different things to the list of the other characters' utility if that's supposed to count. And Colossus isn't just as useful since he doesn't have as much utility. He's not a dud but he's also not sure how amazing utility machine that you somehow think he is either.

Those are your opinions and perfectly fine for yourself but I listed his utilities and you dismissed them as not utility enough. I’m not gonna waste time trying to convince you because you’ve clearly made up your mind.

For anybody reading this that arent sure of certain champs and looking for answers, I implore you to avoid the forums and read up on the champs on auntmai and watch YouTube videos such as JasonVorhees to see how these champs play and who uses what to complete content.
    No, passive fury isn't a utility. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. So of course you're not going to convince me otherwise. Calling passive fury a utility is just absolutely insane.
    Something in a champion's kit that allows him to bypass certain nodes and abilities. There is not a single node or abiltiy in this game that a passive fury would bypass.
    It bypasses nullify and spite even though I wouldn’t use it for spite. And that’s not everybody’s definition of utility.
    Bruh, no it does not. 😂
    Can it be nullified?
    No but those nodes don't require a fury in the first place. CAIW for example can do pretty well on Spite. But that's not because he has a passive fury, it's cause he as a character only gains precision from dex. CAIW as a character bypasses Spite, not his passive fury. Saying passive fury bypasses Spite is like saying Hyperion's Cosmic charges counters it, or that Corvus' glaive charges coutners it just because they're passives, not buffs. It makes zero sense.
    Right but that wasn’t my point. I was just trying to point out that the fury itself cannot be nullified. Not that colossus is good for that node. His other utility in immunities, easy access to stacked armors, reflected damage, and high damage is what makes him useful. That passive fury is guaranteed on the heavy and can’t be stopped hence why I would consider it a utility itself. Which I know is a subjective term.

So this is a utility because it can't be nullified? No dude, it's not. A passive fury is not a utility under any conditions.
    his cosmic charges grant him an attack boost and physical resistance . And it cannot be taken away by opponents abilities. Thats definitely a utility
    I'm talking about Spite. That Cosmic charge isn't a utility because it counters Spite. Cause it doesn't. As far as Colossus's passive fury goes, that's not a utility at all. All it does is increase attack rating which is used to counter absolutely nothing at all. I can't even think of a worse example to compare that to. Just imagine a fury buff that didn't count towards caustic temper/buffed up, etc and you've got a passive fury which literally has no use.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    This is still going on?
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    Saying Colossus’ passive fury is a piece of utility is like saying Groot’s unblockable sp2 is some massive utility.

There’s a lot of utility in this game, but Colossus’ passive fury ain’t it.
  • PlinkoPlinko Posts: 173 ★★
    I can’t believe a conversation over the interpretation of the word utility has triggered this many long drawn out responses. Most containing contradictions lol

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

You’re posting this question on a forum that features many comments stating that colossus doesn’t have much utility. Think about that... then choose who you enjoy using the most. There’s no bad choice there.

I hear all this stuff about Colossus having a lot of utility and I have not once heard a valid argument. He has 3 immunities and armor ups... what am I missing? Nothing. I'm missing nothing. It's not that he has no utility but compare his to Omega, Mags, AA, Poco, Prof X, it doesn't compare.

He is immune to coldsnap, incinerate, bleed, armor break and armor shatter (except against techs), he gains armor ups which increase his attack. He gets a fury for his heavies. And his parry heavy makes evaders no problem. His ability to gain armors when a debuff he is immune to is attempted making someone like mephisto a breeze. Also when duped, parries reflect damage back on the defender.
    Not gonna debate who is better but to call that many things not a lot of utility and you haven’t heard a valid argument is simply disingenuous. I have a max sig 6 r3 omega and love him but colossus gameplay is simply usually easier for me due to the AI knowing to back off and be passive to interrupt spores.
    See, this is the kind of stuff I get every time I ask about his utility. A passive fury isn't a utility. Being able to handle stunnable evaders isn't a valid utility. Literally every champ in the game can deal with stunnable evaders in the same exact way Colossus can. So that leaves immunities and armor ups. I'm not saying it's bad utility cause it's obviously not. He has some of the least common immunities in the game and armor ups counter some things like Havok and buffed up, but it's ridiculous that people act like he has a lot of utility. The reason he's rated so highly is because of his damage.
    You keep saying he doesn’t have a lot of utility and that’s where the issue is. He has a lot of utility that you are dismissive of in favor of other utilities. A passive fury absolutely is a form of utility. His high damage from stacking his armors and using a heavy can land for over 30k. Not many others can do that. You’re giving incorrect information by framing colossus as inferior to people asking questions on forums that could greatly benefit from having him ranked up.
    How the hell is passive fury a utility? How? There's not a single place in the game where you need passive fury. And again you're talking about his damage. I've already said his damage is great. It's what even brings him into the top Mutant discussion sicne his utility isn't on par with the others I mentioned.
    Because it is more than nothing. It is something that not everybody has on their heavy attack. Utility involves parts to their kits that assist in fights. That fury adds damage. And I never said those other champs werent useful or as useful. They all are keys to certain matchups. I’m just saying that colossus is just as useful and not the mediocre dud you keep framing him as.
    dude, passive fury is just part of damage. Also we know he isnt mediocre but he isnt the best mutant and doesn't have a huge amount of utility
    Didn’t you say you don’t have a colossus even ranked up?
    My col is 5* r5 sig 140 and I dont use him much over other champs
    Ah my mistake. I’m mixing up conversations.
    AND WHY AM I STILL HERE?!!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    G-2099
    HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Bruh, no it does not. 😂
    Can it be nullified?
    Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Bruh, no it does not. 😂
    Can it be nullified?
    Right but that wasn’t my point. I was just trying to point out that the fury itself cannot be nullified. Not that colossus is good for that node. His other utility in immunities, easy access to stacked armors, reflected damage, and high damage is what makes him useful. That passive fury is guaranteed on the heavy and can’t be stopped hence why I would consider it a utility itself. Which I know is a subjective term.

So this is a utility because it can't be nullified? No dude, it's not. A passive fury is not a utility under any conditions.
    his cosmic charges grant him an attack boost and physical resistance . And it cannot be taken away by opponents abilities. Thats definitely a utility
    And a lot of other things too.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I looked through the comments to see if you had responded to this but you haven’t yet. I didn’t vote because it’s based on this, do you have an awakened 5* ghost, if you do, take warlock to rank 3. If not, take ghost to rank 3.
  • G-2099
    A question for rankup got to be a colossus bashing thread.....
    @Etjama @CaptainGame whoever discussing colo, i suggest make another thread on colossus....

OP, my personal preference is g99, because my BG required an r3. I enjoy g99 a lot, and she crushes r3 apoc bosses for lunch. The added stats from r3 help her stay alive vs r3 apoc bosses (i cant dodge the specials).

Warlock would also be a great pick, he benefits a ton from the added stats.
    I personally find ghosts awakened ability critical to playing her. Unduped i find her really painful to play.
    In the end, talk to your alliance, examine the content you need to do, and see who you prefer playing more before making your choice. There is no wrong answer here.
    Ghost
    HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

You’re posting this question on a forum that features many comments stating that colossus doesn’t have much utility. Think about that... then choose who you enjoy using the most. There’s no bad choice there.

I hear all this stuff about Colossus having a lot of utility and I have not once heard a valid argument. He has 3 immunities and armor ups... what am I missing? Nothing. I'm missing nothing. It's not that he has no utility but compare his to Omega, Mags, AA, Poco, Prof X, it doesn't compare.

He is immune to coldsnap, incinerate, bleed, armor break and armor shatter (except against techs), he gains armor ups which increase his attack. He gets a fury for his heavies. And his parry heavy makes evaders no problem. His ability to gain armors when a debuff he is immune to is attempted making someone like mephisto a breeze. Also when duped, parries reflect damage back on the defender.
    Not gonna debate who is better but to call that many things not a lot of utility and you haven’t heard a valid argument is simply disingenuous. I have a max sig 6 r3 omega and love him but colossus gameplay is simply usually easier for me due to the AI knowing to back off and be passive to interrupt spores.
    Literally every champ in the game can deal with stunnable evaders in the same exact way Colossus can. .
    This is flat out wrong. Most champs if restricted to only attacking during stuns lose out on their utility and damage. Colossus does not suffer this problem. You can play him the exact same way you would fight non evade champs and get the same result.

Claire cant switch curses
    Omega cant keep spores as easily
    Doom rotation is difficult
    Stealthy has to wait till sp2 before being able to deal damage and even then will lose too much health
    Champs with tight rotation are screwed.
    Nick cant get his bleeds until he throws of 2-3 specials

And at the base doing only 3 hit combo means less damage for each block mad you lose lot of health to blockdamage
    There are plenty of parry heavy champs in this game and plenty of champs that do perfectly well with 3 hit combos. That doesn't mean I'm going to be calling them evade counters. Stunnable evade champs can be handled by every single champion in this game just fine so it's not exactly valuable. Stun immune evade champs are the ones that need to be countered.
    You said literally every champ works for stun able evade champs just like colossuss. That's objectively false. There is no way you can use Claire agaisnt freezer burn mix master. But guess which champion completely ignored the nodes?
    I'm facepalming all over, this is just all wrong. First of all, yes you can use Claire for Mix Master/Freezer Burn. Just throw 2 LLLML combos on a parry and you're in your incinerate phase. And of course not every champ can deal with a stunnable evade champ on freezer burn because not every champ ignores freezer burn. That's like saying, "Colossus can't counter stunnable evade champs cause what if you combine Mix Master with a poison node!" Your logic is way off.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Literally every champ in the game can deal with stunnable evaders in the same exact way Colossus can. .
    This is flat out wrong. Most champs if restricted to only attacking during stuns lose out on their utility and damage. Colossus does not suffer this problem. You can play him the exact same way you would fight non evade champs and get the same result.

Stealthy has to wait till sp2 before being able to deal damage and even then will lose too much health

And at the base doing only 3 hit combo means less damage for each block mad you lose lot of health to blockdamage
    There are plenty of parry heavy champs in this game and plenty of champs that do perfectly well with 3 hit combos. That doesn't mean I'm going to be calling them evade counters. Stunnable evade champs can be handled by every single champion in this game just fine so it's not exactly valuable. Stun immune evade champs are the ones that need to be countered.
    There are also a ton of champs who loose out on a lot against stunnable evade counters. Colossus isn't one of them so it's a form of utility as in it allows him to go against them.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    As for OP's question, Ghost is undoubetdly the best of those 3 champs and so, it comes down to who you think needs it the most and who you prefer it. Objectively, Warlock will benefit the most from it however, I would choose Ghost because having her at r3 is a whole new power-level and it's would be fun to see what kind of crazy things she would be able to pull off.
    Ghost

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

There are also a ton of champs who loose out on a lot against stunnable evade counters. Colossus isn't one of them so it's a form of utility as in it allows him to go against them.
    How is it a utility if literally every champ in the game can do it? That's like saying that being able to throw a heavy attack is a utility just because some champs have stronger ones. It makes no sense.
    Ghost
    HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

You said literally every champ works for stun able evade champs just like colossuss. That's objectively false. There is no way you can use Claire agaisnt freezer burn mix master. But guess which champion completely ignored the nodes?
    This is wrong on pretty much every level. Claire does work against Freezer Burn/Mix Master. Just parry, LLLML twice and you're in your incinerate phase. Also, that argument is so completely invalid. Of course not every champ can deal with Freezer Burn/Mix Master cause not every champ can deal with Freezer Burn, it has nothing to do with Mix Master since every champ can deal with it. I can use the exact same argument and say, "Colossus can't work against stunnable evade champs cause he won't work against Mix Master with a Poison node!" Check your logic, dude.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

This is wrong on pretty much every level. Claire does work against Freezer Burn/Mix Master. Just parry, LLLML twice and you're in your incinerate phase. Also, that argument is so completely invalid. Of course not every champ can deal with Freezer Burn/Mix Master cause not every champ can deal with Freezer Burn, it has nothing to do with Mix Master since every champ can deal with it. I can use the exact same argument and say, "Colossus can't work against stunnable evade champs cause he won't work against Mix Master with a Poison node!" Check your logic, dude.
    Any reason why not just LLLL with claire?
    Otherwise I agree
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

How is it a utility if literally every champ in the game can do it? That's like saying that being able to throw a heavy attack is a utility just because some champs have stronger ones. It makes no sense.
    You are starting to sound like somebody else on here who ignores arguments and continues to use the prior provenly incorrect statements and questions to prove his point. Everybody keeps telling you that not every champ in the game can do that. So the question you are asking is based on a false assumption that every champ can throw a heavy without it being evaded.
    Ghost
    Crcrcrc said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Any reason why not just LLLL with claire?
    Otherwise I agree
    They can't evade in the stun but the last hit still registers. So if you throw the same hit out of a stun that you previously just threw in one, they'll evade. Only 3 hits can land in a stun.
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    Warlock
    That settles it...I guess I'm ranking up Colos..sus?
    Ghost
    Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

You are starting to sound like somebody else on here who ignores arguments and continues to use the prior provenly incorrect statements and questions to prove his point. Everybody keeps telling you that not every champ in the game can do that. So the question you are asking is based on a false assumption that every champ can throw a heavy without it being evaded.
    Actually, a heavy on a parry will connect every time, because opponents cannot evade while stunned.
    Ghost
    Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Every single champion on this game can parry the opponent, and either throw a 3 combo or a heavy attack. Every. Single.
    One. You can go ahead and say otherwise, but you'd be wrong. There is no debate here, we're dealing with rock hard fact.
  • G-2099

That settles it...I guess I'm ranking up Colos..sus?

ignore the noise. People forget this is a game and nobody is forcing you to use a certain champ.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Ghost

OP’s thread
    Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Every single champion on this game can parry the opponent, and either throw a 3 combo or a heavy attack. Every. Single.
    One. You can go ahead and say otherwise, but you'd be wrong. There is no debate here, we're dealing with rock hard fact.
    So nick fury, thing, domino, sym supreme, ghulk, nightcrawler,aegon, AA, cable, caiw, blade, carnage, Corvus (without proxima synergy), etc all hit every hit of their attack on heavies while the defender is stunned even with limber as long as used before the timer runs out? You can say I’m wrong all you want but you can’t say yes to that question and continue to hold credibility.
  • CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    Warlock
    Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

So even you know that’s not true when guys like nick fury can be evaded on the third hit of your heavy after the parry stun timer runs out. And I think you know that you’re wrong at this point but you simply don’t want to lose a debate so you are relying on simply lying and saying checkmate afterwards
    Ghost

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

So even you know that’s not true when guys like nick fury can be evaded on the third hit of your heavy after the parry stun timer runs out. And I think you know that you’re wrong at this point but you simply don’t want to lose a debate so you are relying on simply lying and saying checkmate afterwards
    3 hit combos are quick. 3 hit heavies are slow. You can only do usually a 2 hit or less heavy off a parry in mix master unless it’s really fast
  • CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    Warlock
    Crcrcrc said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

3 hit combos are quick. 3 hit heavies are slow. You can only do usually a 2 hit or less heavy off a parry in mix master unless it’s really fast
    That’s not what he said though. Nor what we were comparing. He said ever single champ can throw a heavy on the parry stun and land it and that’s not correct. The comparison is that colossus can land his two hit heavy and have a passive fury to boost the attack on it.
    edited March 2021
    Ghost

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

3 hit combos exist, that's why I mentioned them. I think maybe you just have no idea what you're talking about. So yeah, checkmate.