**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Super indecisive, which to R3

124»

Comments

• CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    Warlock
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

You’re posting this question on a forum that features many comments stating that colossus doesn’t have much utility. Think about that... then choose who you enjoy using the most. There’s no bad choice there.

I hear all this stuff about Colossus having a lot of utility and I have not once heard a valid argument. He has 3 immunities and armor ups... what am I missing? Nothing. I'm missing nothing. It's not that he has no utility but compare his to Omega, Mags, AA, Poco, Prof X, it doesn't compare.

He is immune to coldsnap, incinerate, bleed, armor break and armor shatter (except against techs), he gains armor ups which increase his attack. He gets a fury for his heavies. And his parry heavy makes evaders no problem. His ability to gain armors when a debuff he is immune to is attempted making someone like mephisto a breeze. Also when duped, parries reflect damage back on the defender.
    Not gonna debate who is better but to call that many things not a lot of utility and you haven’t heard a valid argument is simply disingenuous. I have a max sig 6 r3 omega and love him but colossus gameplay is simply usually easier for me due to the AI knowing to back off and be passive to interrupt spores.
    Literally every champ in the game can deal with stunnable evaders in the same exact way Colossus can. .
    This is flat out wrong. Most champs if restricted to only attacking during stuns lose out on their utility and damage. Colossus does not suffer this problem. You can play him the exact same way you would fight non evade champs and get the same result.

Claire cant switch curses
    Omega cant keep spores as easily
    Doom rotation is difficult
    Stealthy has to wait till sp2 before being able to deal damage and even then will lose too much health
    Champs with tight rotation are screwed.
    Nick cant get his bleeds until he throws of 2-3 specials

And at the base doing only 3 hit combo means less damage for each block mad you lose lot of health to blockdamage
    There are plenty of parry heavy champs in this game and plenty of champs that do perfectly well with 3 hit combos. That doesn't mean I'm going to be calling them evade counters. Stunnable evade champs can be handled by every single champion in this game just fine so it's not exactly valuable. Stun immune evade champs are the ones that need to be countered.
    There are also a ton of champs who loose out on a lot against stunnable evade counters. Colossus isn't one of them so it's a form of utility as in it allows him to go against them.
    How is it a utility if literally every champ in the game can do it? That's like saying that being able to throw a heavy attack is a utility just because some champs have stronger ones. It makes no sense.
    You are starting to sound like somebody else on here who ignores arguments and continues to use the prior provenly incorrect statements and questions to prove his point. Everybody keeps telling you that not every champ in the game can do that. So the question you are asking is based on a false assumption that every champ can throw a heavy without it being evaded.
    Every single champion on this game can parry the opponent, and either throw a 3 combo or a heavy attack. Every. Single.
    One. You can go ahead and say otherwise, but you'd be wrong. There is no debate here, we're dealing with rock hard fact.
    So even you know that’s not true when guys like nick fury can be evaded on the third hit of your heavy after the parry stun timer runs out. And I think you know that you’re wrong at this point but you simply don’t want to lose a debate so you are relying on simply lying and saying checkmate afterwards
    3 hit combos exist, that's why I mentioned them. I think maybe you just have no idea what you're talking about. So yeah, checkmate.
    Once again you changed what we were comparing. We are comparing heavies. Not 3 hit combos. Why would a 3 hit combo apply to this? You have no idea who nick fury is clearly.
  • PlinkoPlinko Posts: 173 ★★

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

You’re posting this question on a forum that features many comments stating that colossus doesn’t have much utility. Think about that... then choose who you enjoy using the most. There’s no bad choice there.

I hear all this stuff about Colossus having a lot of utility and I have not once heard a valid argument. He has 3 immunities and armor ups... what am I missing? Nothing. I'm missing nothing. It's not that he has no utility but compare his to Omega, Mags, AA, Poco, Prof X, it doesn't compare.

He is immune to coldsnap, incinerate, bleed, armor break and armor shatter (except against techs), he gains armor ups which increase his attack. He gets a fury for his heavies. And his parry heavy makes evaders no problem. His ability to gain armors when a debuff he is immune to is attempted making someone like mephisto a breeze. Also when duped, parries reflect damage back on the defender.
    Not gonna debate who is better but to call that many things not a lot of utility and you haven’t heard a valid argument is simply disingenuous. I have a max sig 6 r3 omega and love him but colossus gameplay is simply usually easier for me due to the AI knowing to back off and be passive to interrupt spores.
    Literally every champ in the game can deal with stunnable evaders in the same exact way Colossus can. .
    This is flat out wrong. Most champs if restricted to only attacking during stuns lose out on their utility and damage. Colossus does not suffer this problem. You can play him the exact same way you would fight non evade champs and get the same result.

Stealthy has to wait till sp2 before being able to deal damage and even then will lose too much health

And at the base doing only 3 hit combo means less damage for each block mad you lose lot of health to blockdamage
    There are plenty of parry heavy champs in this game and plenty of champs that do perfectly well with 3 hit combos. That doesn't mean I'm going to be calling them evade counters. Stunnable evade champs can be handled by every single champion in this game just fine so it's not exactly valuable. Stun immune evade champs are the ones that need to be countered.
    There are also a ton of champs who loose out on a lot against stunnable evade counters. Colossus isn't one of them so it's a form of utility as in it allows him to go against them.
    How is it a utility if literally every champ in the game can do it? That's like saying that being able to throw a heavy attack is a utility just because some champs have stronger ones. It makes no sense.
    You are starting to sound like somebody else on here who ignores arguments and continues to use the prior provenly incorrect statements and questions to prove his point. Everybody keeps telling you that not every champ in the game can do that. So the question you are asking is based on a false assumption that every champ can throw a heavy without it being evaded.
    Every single champion on this game can parry the opponent, and either throw a 3 combo or a heavy attack. Every. Single.
    One. You can go ahead and say otherwise, but you'd be wrong. There is no debate here, we're dealing with rock hard fact.
    So even you know that’s not true when guys like nick fury can be evaded on the third hit of your heavy after the parry stun timer runs out. And I think you know that you’re wrong at this point but you simply don’t want to lose a debate so you are relying on simply lying and saying checkmate afterwards
    3 hit combos exist, that's why I mentioned them. I think maybe you just have no idea what you're talking about. So yeah, checkmate.
    Once again you changed what we were comparing. We are comparing heavies. Not 3 hit combos. Why would a 3 hit combo apply to this? You have no idea who nick fury is clearly.
    Don’t waste your time. I think he might be an alt account of grounded. He’s gonna ignore any facts provided and keep saying everybody hits every hit of their heavies which is easily proven false.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Ghost

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

🤦‍♂️ We are not comparing heavies, we are comparing champions' abilties to deal with stunnable evade champs. That's what it's been about this whole time. And that's why I've been mentioning 3 combos this whole entire time. 3 combos have everything to do with it since every since it's one of the ways you deal with a stunnable evade champ.
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

🤦‍♂️ We are not comparing heavies, we are comparing champions' abilties to deal with stunnable evade champs. That's what it's been about this whole time. And that's why I've been mentioning 3 combos this whole entire time. 3 combos have everything to do with it since every since it's one of the ways you deal with a stunnable evade champ.
    No that’s been your argument with yourself. We directly were discussing colossus heavy and the passive fury working because they don’t evade during it. You brought up 3 hit combos for some reason and started arguing it with yourself. Anybody can 3 hit combo. That has nothing to do with the heavy and the passive fury we were discussing. You for some reason think it gave you a leg up in this debate and you just keep jumping on it when it has nothing to do with the debate of heavies landing and the usefulness of a fury on the heavy that lands
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

No that’s been your argument with yourself. We directly were discussing colossus heavy and the passive fury working because they don’t evade during it. You brought up 3 hit combos for some reason and started arguing it with yourself. Anybody can 3 hit combo. That has nothing to do with the heavy and the passive fury we were discussing. You for some reason think it gave you a leg up in this debate and you just keep jumping on it when it has nothing to do with the debate of heavies landing and the usefulness of a fury on the heavy that lands
    He is saying that literally everyone can counter evade in the way colo does, with 3 hit combos or heavies, so the fury is not a utility that is special.
    Try to understand what he is saying instead of just calling him a GW alt
    Ghost
    Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Are you actually kidding me right now?
    "Anybody can 3 hit combo" this is the only accurate thing you've said. Since the very beginning, I have been talking about Colossus's ability to counter stunnable evade champs. I have repeatedly said that any champ can do that. Cause any champ can. I never said any champ can do that with a heavy, I brought up 3 combos too. Because any champ in the game can use either a heavy, or a 3 combo to deal with stunnable evade champs.
    Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

"Anybody can 3 hit combo" this is the only accurate thing you've said. Since the very beginning, I have been talking about Colossus's ability to counter stunnable evade champs. I have repeatedly said that any champ can do that. Cause any champ can. I never said any champ can do that with a heavy, I brought up 3 combos too. Because any champ in the game can use either a heavy, or a 3 combo to deal with stunnable evade champs.
    That wasn’t the original question. The original question was “is colossus useful for evadable champs?” And I was saying yes he is because his playstyle is parry stun heavy and his best damage comes from his heavy and the defender never evades the second hit. You changed the question mid debate to whether anybody can counter it. This is where I exit. This isn’t even a debate anymore. You just simply want to win and not admit the original statement that you made that colossus doesn’t have much utility was incorrect to tell other people learning the game in the forums. Bleed immune, frostbite immune, coldsnap immune, stacked armors that also increase attack, incinerate immune, reflects damage on parries, and we somehow dwell on whether passive furies fit the subjective term of utility. Ignoring that he has at least 6 forms of utility. Period.

Now I’m done. This conversation didn’t belong here and needs to end.
    edited March 2021
    Ghost
    Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

That wasn’t the original question. The original question was “is colossus useful for evadable champs?” And I was saying yes he is because his playstyle is parry stun heavy and his best damage comes from his heavy and the defender never evades the second hit. You changed the question mid debate to whether anybody can counter it. This is where I exit. This isn’t even a debate anymore. You just simply want to win and not admit the original statement that you made that colossus doesn’t have much utility was incorrect to tell other people learning the game in the forums. Bleed immune, frostbite immune, coldsnap immune, stacked armors that also increase attack, incinerate immune, reflects damage on parries, and we somehow dwell on whether passive furies fit the subjective term of utility. Ignoring that he has at least 6 forms of utility. Period.

Cya buddy, this was fun. I love reading immense amounts of hypocrisy and unintelligible nonsense. The question was never about Colossus's heavy, but about his ability to counter stunnable evade champs in relation to every other champ in the game. And this conversation didn't belong here in the first place and I didn't even bring it up, CaptainGame did. This is where I'll exit too, and I can walk away knowing that I was trying to debate with facts rather than twisting words that were never said.
  • CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    Warlock
    Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Cya buddy, this was fun. I love reading immense amounts of hypocrisy and unintelligible nonsense. The question was never about Colossus's heavy, but about his ability to counter stunnable evade champs in relation to every other champ in the game. And this conversation didn't belong here in the first place and I didn't even bring it up, CaptainGame did. This is where I'll exit too, and I can walk away knowing that I was trying to debate with facts rather than twisting words that were never said.
    Facts? Like “I don’t think colossus has lots of utility?” He and others listed facts and you listed OPINIONS on whether that was “lots of utility”

Hence why I opened with people should do their own research and rank who they like rather than listening to people like you who don’t give the actual facts, but opinions on who you like to use.
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    Warlock
    Actually...the question was who to use my Tech T5CC on...apparently the answer is Colossus.
    Ghost
    Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Sure, people keep saying that every champ can't do that, but they're wrong since literally every single champ in this game can parry and throw heavies or 3 combos. Acting like it's some unique thing that Colossus can deal with stunnable evade champs is absolutely ridiculous.
    Crcrcrc said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Actually, a heavy on a parry will connect every time, because opponents cannot evade while stunned.
    Nick fury often missed his third hit of his heavy when parrying and using it due to the stun timer running out. That’s just one. Thing has the same problem.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Ghost

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Plinko said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

I think you are not understanding him. You can throw either a heavy or a 3 hit combo after a parry on mix master with no evades
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    Ghost
    Honestly should be an easy decision. If you can play ghost decently, it's her.

If you hate her playstyle, it's Warlock