**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW spending vs skill

So here's the question: Where is the skill in this?
37214ssngbo1.png
0x7rid6ttuks.png

We will lose this war because the opponents spent tons of money on potions. What is the aim of Alliance Wars? Bigger spender wins or better organized, more skillful alliance wins?

Comments

• The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    You're not helping yourself with diversity, I can see 2 Mordos in there.

We just won a war by 400 points because we had 121 diversity to their 100, we both had 3 boss kills and we only did 99% because someone missed a node, they did 100%.
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    Bro, ain't nothing about this game based purely on skill anymore and AW is the worst of it.
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    The_One wrote: »
    You're not helping yourself with diversity, I can see 2 Mordos in there.

We just won a war by 400 points because we had 121 diversity to their 100, we both had 3 boss kills and we only did 99% because someone missed a node, they did 100%.

We're a semi-retired alliance where many members have kids, busy work and social life. It's not easy to arrange every single placement.

The point is not that though. The opponents obviously lack the skill and strength to defeat us. They only do so by money. If they didn't spend that much, they couldn't beat our boss and we'd win, regardless of diversity.

So here's come the next question: What about ALL the money WE spent for stronger defenders Kabam? @Kabam Miike Our champs are basically half the value now.

#bringbackdefenderkills
  • If people want to spend on potions and revives... let them ... it has nothing to do with kabam. The other alliance is obviously hungrier than you’re alliance.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    OP...what do you spend loyalty on after you have a duped 4* UC and a duped 5* UC?
    Jestress wrote: »
    KALIZO wrote: »
    EgeC wrote: »
    37214ssngbo1.png
    0x7rid6ttuks.png

We will lose this war because the opponents spent tons of money on potions. What is the aim of Alliance Wars? Bigger spender wins or better organized, more skillful alliance wins?

How u know they spent "tons" Lol. U win some you lose some, get over it and focus on the next one

Have to agree with this comment. This doesn't prove they spent anything. It just proves they used potions. Anyone with enough loyalty can stock up on level 1 alliance team revives when they're in the store, and you can also use glory to get 1 team revive each week.
    Jestress wrote: »
    KALIZO wrote: »
    37214ssngbo1.png
    0x7rid6ttuks.png

How u know they spent "tons" Lol. U win some you lose some, get over it and focus on the next one

Have to agree with this comment. This doesn't prove they spent anything. It just proves they used potions. Anyone with enough loyalty can stock up on level 1 alliance team revives when they're in the store, and you can also use glory to get 1 team revive each week.

I saw them revive their champs on these two nodes and fill their health to max multiple times. Are you suggesting these guys kept their 40K+ alliance health potions all this time to just for THIS fight? With THIS low skill? They're at tier 4-6 mind you..
    Btw, that Mordo wasn't on a mini boss or boss node.
  • It would be nice if they would make two different AW's you could join. One with 15 item use and another with 0. So when you search for a match you can choose which your alliance would prefer
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    16 kills and you are crying? Talk when you have a SM/Magik/Hype//Mordo/Meph racking up 60+ and you still lose.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    @KhanMedina i get u friend yeah but the war is way balanced it's okay if they spend they do it for 100% and i'm pretty sure skilled player will do a 100% too soo diversity and defence rating are the key it means oldest players will have their chance what i mean is u can't lose for a weak alliance bcz if they spend to 100% u will bet them with rating unless the team u are facing is larger and larger teams are alwways skilled if u can get me here. 3mil alliance can't beat 8mil
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    I saw allyance with 400+ defender kills lost over ally with about 65 defender kills... few points in diversity decided the winner. It is just not right
  • Talk about it when you have Hyperion, magik, mordo and NC on your bench doing nothing because of diversity
  • All max duped 5/50 lol
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Talk about it when you have Hyperion, magik, mordo and NC on your bench doing nothing because of diversity

Hyperion is one of the hardest hitters in the game and is great for AQ. Learn how to use his regen and you can heal up at the end of each fight in AQ. I’ve taken down day 5 map 5 Dorms with him.

NC can hit hard w/ his crit hits, easy to evade any gun shot special and easy to intercept with. I use him in 5.3 when everyone else is in AQ or war.

Magik is one of the better champs in the game and perfect counter to high MD Mystics in war. Run her for power reserve in 5.3

Learn how to use these champs and they won’t be sitting on your bench. Btw Hyperion is a very easy fight in war and better used for attack or AQ
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    I hate the whole "we have more defender kills therefore we have more skill" argument. If one team is going for diversity and you are going to tough placement of course you will have more defender kills. They gave you an easy route with diversity strat. The only way I would buy into the more skill less skill line of thought is if both squads were playing the exact same map with exactly the same offensive champs. But that is the whole point of AW, it is a combination of skill, strategy (placement/attack plans) and spending(item use). And with 45 kos that is hardly breaking the bank. 30 would be a zero spend event. You could have a few time outs in there and then only a few people flushing an expiring team revive.
  • SpinoSpino Posts: 241

This is the whole point of alliance wars. It's all about the money, money, money...
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    OP...what do you spend loyalty on after you have a duped 4* UC and a duped 5* UC?

Why even save for those? By the time you have enough, you should have more useful champs.
    KhanMedina wrote: »

Why even save for those? By the time you have enough, you should have more useful champs.

For a person starting right now I would have to agree with you. But two years ago I would have to disagree with you. I got and duped the 4* version for free back when he was a prize for events. And duped the 5* version already. I used to use him for wars until they started adding better mystics and better 5*s. We have only had 5*s for the last two years. And the first batches of 5*s where nothing special. All loyalty since then is spent on other stuff.
  • Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    I used all of my loyalty on MD. Was in the process of saving up for 5/5, but not anymore since war changed and I have a r4/55 juggs on my bench.
    Jim0172 wrote: »
    I used all of my loyalty on MD. Was in the process of saving up for 5/5, but not anymore since war changed and I have a r4/55 juggs on my bench.

Been there, done that. I would keep saving for it though. I used to use Ghost Rider for map 6.
  • Tman0971 wrote: »
    Bro, ain't nothing about this game based purely on skill anymore and AW is the worst of it.

The game never was about skill. Swiping thumbs across a screen isn’t skill. Neither is typing in a credit card number or using your thumb( or any finger) to clear an in-app purchase.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Tman0971 wrote: »

The game never was about skill. Swiping thumbs across a screen isn’t skill. Neither is typing in a credit card number or using your thumb( or any finger) to clear an in-app purchase.

Thumb swiping and tapping at the right time is though. Maybe not an impressive one, but playing a piano is just banging on some stuff too if you want to be basic about it.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 494 ★★★
    That is not that many kills at all. We see more than that almost every war. They don't need to spend to revive or heal. Units are not all that hard to come by for free to get a 6000 level 4 potion and as stated loyalty store gives team revives for 7000 loyalty. I am not sure you are organized if your diversity is not 50 within each BG. You will lose for that for sure if the opponent is fully diversified.
    MadMarks wrote: »
    I hate the whole "we have more defender kills therefore we have more skill" argument.....

Honestly, I didn't read after your first line because your first line is false. I'm claiming that their skill is low because they f..ed up in just two nodes and one is not even a mini boss. It was a Mordo placed on regen node and none of these guys had the brains to use a Guilly, AA or similar to get past it.

To further support what I said above: Their defender kills were just 1 in their Mordo and 4 in their Magik boss with similar ratings.