**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How many points do you have in willpower?

Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I’m trying to decide what to do with my masteries currently and I was wondering about how most of you feel about willpower. It looks useful but I don’t know how often it would proc and be helpful. I’m also not sure of how useful 1 point verses 3 is. So what do you guys run? If you could specific if you run suicides or not that would also be very helpful.

How many points do you have in willpower? 163 votes

I don’t run willpower
15%
GrandOldKaiabn86TheVyrusTerraJmd82StarKillerVIIAleorDenslo500DonDudu2809UmbertoDelRioGreekhitCtfz35Ted_n00bgentSuss_WizzardRenaxqqSpideyFunkoBen_15455BuffBeastXguard77Adok 26 votes
I run 1/3 willpower
33%
SnakeEyes69SnizzbarHaji_SaabbuffajrDuMonUccrider474allinashesnameplasQuikPikSceptilemaniacUnsilentHammerbro_64CyborgNinja135yuwReferenceKerneasRaichu626Voltolos_Sham_Kill_Grey 55 votes
I run 2/3 willpower
2%
SeraphionSkydad23Woody74gggg00 4 votes
I run 3/3 willpower
26%
jdrum663phillgreenWardenclockPwf57CupidWicket329rcm2017Scopeotoe987TitoBandito187Dooberman420Pulyamanphil56201StevieManWonderMobile_P0tat0te_dua_shumWedgemonsterGarrettNKillswitch01BonzodavidMauled 44 votes
I run 3/3 willpower and suicides
19%
danielmathTristanDrake2078DragonMCOCShrimpRMoosetiptronicJuggerNotRockyshockyXva23RockypantherxSidDDragonItsDamienEtjamaMetalJakeLeathersmw2017PeaRatnOuxAaronc94Etm34Erosenseiog 32 votes
Other
1%
KDoggg2017H3t3r 2 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    I run 3/3 willpower
    You only really need 1.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    I run 1/3 willpower
    yeah, 1 is good enough without suicides
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    I run 1/3 willpower
    I don’t have the units for more
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 802 ★★★
    Had one forever....just added a 2nd and def noticeable.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I run 3/3 willpower
    I was running suicides and I just haven't reset my defense tree
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    I run 1/3 willpower
    I have on point. Really helpful even in the last month or so. Not sure if I want more, but I need to put another point into MD before anything else
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I run 1/3 willpower
    Aleor said:

I have it unlocked, but don't really see any big benefit. I dropped it ages ago, when there was a heal reversal debuff in some eq. Without suicides you rarely have a debuff on you, especially in act 6 like content, where having it is often very punishing. On the other hand, you'd have to use a lot of mastery points in def, wich is imo worse then the other two branches. Also gitgut, don't get hit, and other stuff like that.

Yeah this. When I'm off suicides, I just run it cuz of iabom.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    I don’t run willpower
    Bruh don't even have assassins, willpower, glass canon, etc.

and I'm on the GM. Yeah I'm that bad
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    I run suicides with max WP and Coagulate. Only change that out if an event decides to be cheeky and throw in a global healblock or something.

Currently sacrificing despair/dw tree in order to run MD. Yay bad mystic luck.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Just made the switch to full suicides, so 3/3 willpower is a must. Can’t decide if I like them or not. My favorite champs are not very suicide friendly
  • Jmd82Jmd82 Posts: 60
    I don’t run willpower
    Had it then got rid of it, never missed it in the slightest. For me it's a waste of mastery points so I allocate them elsewhere that benefits me more.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

I just did the grandmaster without them. You’re good.
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    I run 1/3 willpower

• Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    I don’t run willpower
    Used to do suicides, but missed SP1&2.

If you aren’t doing suicides, I think you can get more benefit from other masteries.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    WP 3/3, Suicides, and Coagulate for Quake and AA in War.

Still 3/3 when suicides is off.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★

• Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    With Suicides

Without Suicides

• MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    I run 3/3 willpower. Wether I have suicides on or not. With suicides, minus the bleed, which can be turned into a regen with synergies, you heal +1 from the poison with willpower and salve maxes out... the poison becomes irrelevant. Your main focus is the temporary bleed Debuff and heath loss from specials....
    when not using suicides I run 3/3 in willpower and 1/3 in salve... you’ll be surprised how long you can last in the “_ debuff drains 100% health in 60 seconds” noded. You’ll last ab 2 mins... willpower has helped me survive SOOOOO MUCH and I’ve explored all the variants twice on both my accs explored acts 1-5 and 7.1... you won’t be let down investing in 3/3 willpower
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    Other
    Haven't even unlocked it yet. Idk when I will.
  • DonDudu2809DonDudu2809 Posts: 348 ★★
    I don’t run willpower

I explored all the story content without suicides despair assasin deep wounds willpower...they are simply too expensive for a F2P player...
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    I don’t run willpower
    Real Men don't need Willpower 😎
    I only have 32 units :'(
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I run 3/3 willpower
    I think it is one of the masteries that increase pi if you are not running suicides, If anyone knows what mastery I can run to maximize pi without suicides, feel free to share it. I grind arena a lot and any increase would be good.
  • thewass1980thewass1980 Posts: 150
    I run 3/3 willpower
    Aleor said:

Without suicides you rarely have a debuff on you, especially in act 6 like content, where having it is often very punishing.

Can you elaborate on why having Willpower in Act 6 is punishing? I'm stuck in 6.2.6, and have 3/3 Willpower. I'm not sure what you mean.