**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Just Finished Act 6.1 100%. That was so much work for such a small payout. Are others doing this?

Comments

• PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    I wish they would throw some Cav crystals for completing the quests at least and some rank-up materials in the lanes like in Act 7. Would help out a bit.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Just do it at ur own pace. What I did was concentrate on being cavalier first, then do 1- 2 paths every once in a while.

Now I'm concentrating on trying to be Thronebreaker. Important thing is do it at ur own pace. I try to do 1-2 pathways every 1-2 weeks. But it is tiresome.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    In all fairness to kabam, act 6 was released when those rewards were still coveted, which feels like a lifetime ago.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

I wish they would throw some Cav crystals for completing the quests at least and some rank-up materials in the lanes like in Act 7. Would help out a bit.

There is T2A in many of the lanes in Act 6.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    I started it when I was done with all Variants at the time. Just path by path whenever I had units or reviews.

I first explored all paths that were possible with Ghost (most of them can be done itemless or with low items).

After that I looked for counters and did 6.2.5-6 as last
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    The rewards may not be as shiny as 7.1's rewards but they are still valuable resources especially the 25% T5CC. What I'm doing right now is I explore both UC and Cav at the first half of the month without buying energy refills and just use my free energy and then plow through permanent content exploration one by one. It's worth it if you're not gonna burn through your resources. It's doable itemless or unitless if you plan your paths right.
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 450 ★★★
    As a ftp player, those 25% t5cc are useful. I did 6.1 to help get TB. Just finished up 6.3 yesterday. Still have mordo/champion in 6.2 and all of 6.4. Just a matter of chipping away when not much else is going on.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Eternity0 said:

Well you are doing act 6.1 100% after 1.5 years of it coming out.. Rewards are based on that time period

Yeah, They should increase the rewards or Nerf it more so we can just blast through it if you're an end-game player.
    If you are an endgame player, you don't need to get it nerfed. How can you be an endgame player when you haven't even explored content that came out a year ago?
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Honestly, if I didn’t have act 6 exploration to do, I’d quit the game as there’s absolutely nothing else to do in the game
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

BENJI830 said:

Put it all here on thread below. I can’t believe some players still defend this junky content with “Act 6 is ok, quit whining.”

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/247396/act-6-exploration-6-1-6-2-6-3-6-4#latest

To people who can't handle challenges, act 6 will never be ok. Those people are why difficult content are a thing of the past.
    I would say there are a couple of distinct groups of people: those who complain about it being too hard, and those who think the time-enjoyment-reward trade offs are out of whack.

I don’t think it should be nerfed further—it’s more than fine as is for difficulty (with maybe an exception or two for silly things).

Would it be nice to see a refill or something useful on a path here and there? Sure that would help. But other than that I’m not sure there’s a good way to make it seem less sloggy.

Dr. Zola
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I pretty much just do a lane here and there. Actually only the lanes with some t2a on it if I am close to forming one and in need of it.
    DrZola said:

BENJI830 said:

Put it all here on thread below. I can’t believe some players still defend this junky content with “Act 6 is ok, quit whining.”

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/247396/act-6-exploration-6-1-6-2-6-3-6-4#latest

To people who can't handle challenges, act 6 will never be ok. Those people are why difficult content are a thing of the past.
    I would say there are a couple of distinct groups of people: those who complain about it being too hard, and those who think the time-enjoyment-reward trade offs are out of whack.

I don’t think it should be nerfed further—it’s more than fine as is for difficulty (with maybe an exception or two for silly things).

Would it be nice to see a refill or something useful on a path here and there? Sure that would help. But other than that I’m not sure there’s a good way to make it seem less sloggy.

Dr. Zola
    I agree with the energy refills. Sure they're only 30 units, but just like act 4, it'd be nice to see them on paths.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

BENJI830 said:

Dr. Zola
    I agree with the energy refills. Sure they're only 30 units, but just like act 4, it'd be nice to see them on paths.
    Right. I’d almost put things like that into “quality of life” adjustments, especially on super long paths.

Just give us little rats a tiny bite of cheese here and there and through the maze we go...

Dr. Zola
    Ebony_Naw said:

BENJI830 said:

I equate Act 6 to the 5.3 grind more than anything else. Lots of energy and it can feel extremely slow at times.
    Just curious because I genuinely don't know but did you start playing before or after the Act 4 energy reduction? Not to say 5.3 wasn't a grind but Act 4 later chapters was probably the most energy consuming content that I personally remember. 4.4 to me was the longest feeling quests I remember doing so far.
  • KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 305 ★★★
    Especially for Chapter 6 which is already long, why keep energy cost at 3? t the time it was released, there wasn't additional competing content like Book 2, Abyss, Variant 5+6 etc. But now, all that new content also requires energy while providing much better rewards for that energy - is it surprising no one wants yo do Chapter 6?

So don't nerf Act 6 - just reduce the energy cost to 2 like in Chapter 4. This also helps immensely in getting multiple practice runs in, especially important in Act 6. That's one thing I really appreciated about Variants - since first 2 chapters only take 1-2 energy, I could try itemless run, learn the nodes and retry a few times for each 70 energy
    KoiBoy18 said:

Especially for Chapter 6 which is already long, why keep energy cost at 3? t the time it was released, there wasn't additional competing content like Book 2, Abyss, Variant 5+6 etc. But now, all that new content also requires energy while providing much better rewards for that energy - is it surprising no one wants yo do Chapter 6?

So don't nerf Act 6 - just reduce the energy cost to 2 like in Chapter 4. This also helps immensely in getting multiple practice runs in, especially important in Act 6. That's one thing I really appreciated about Variants - since first 2 chapters only take 1-2 energy, I could try itemless run, learn the nodes and retry a few times for each 70 energy

I don't see them ever reducing Act 6 energy reduction. Act 4 wasn't reduced until Act 6 had come out but they reduced that to help newer players. Act 6 isn't for newer players at this point. There's already enough to help new players.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Wow, energy reduction for act 6? Do you realize that act 5 is still 3 energy per tile? I honestly don't understand where some of the requests are coming from. Did you people explore act 4 when it was 3 energy per tile? Have you explored at 5? Story content is always a slog to explore. It's not a side event to be done in 1 day. Keep chipping it down, that is the only way forward.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Why even bother doing it if you’re just going to complain lol
  • Blackshadow0203Blackshadow0203 Posts: 170
    I’m working on 6.2 exploration now.. and tbh, idk why, but I’m actually having fun. Sure, I’m only on 6.2.4, but I found icarus a blast to run through, 6.2.1 was probably the most annoying because of life cycle (I hate that node), I breezed through 6.2.2 with the guilly 2099 + heimdall synergy. I’m finding the gates (while they still suck and I wish they were removed) change up my strategy and have me build teams I wouldn’t normally and that’s honestly kind of fun. I dread the mordo quest but honestly, my only real complaint is the amount of paths. It’s not that bad, I only have 1 R3 6* and he’s only been used a few times.
  • NOXETERNISNOXETERNIS Posts: 26
    Drenlin said:

Most have given up on exploration of act6 i believe. Just not worth the grind

Yeah act exploration should’ve given players a six star generic. Hopefully act 7 has one

• Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I wouldn't mind having act 6 exploration to do again. I'm currently done with all content and it's boring af. Now I'm stuck with browsing the forums for entertainment when aw isn't up

Drenlin said:

Most have given up on exploration of act6 i believe. Just not worth the grind

Yeah act exploration should’ve given players a six star generic. Hopefully act 7 has one

With how easy act 7 is, it doesn't need to give more than a 5* AG.