**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Just Finished Act 6.1 100%. That was so much work for such a small payout. Are others doing this?

Comments

• dononedonone Posts: 47
    It's a waste of effort to explore all of act 6.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★

Eternity0 said:

Well you are doing act 6.1 100% after 1.5 years of it coming out.. Rewards are based on that time period

Yeah, They should increase the rewards or Nerf it more so we can just blast through it if you're an end-game player.
    You're not actually an end game player if you're going back and doing content 1.5 years old at all let alone not blasting through it.
    So if I never did Act 1 100% but did everything else 100% including Abyss I would not be an "end Game player"? What's the definition of end game player?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Eternity0 said:

Well you are doing act 6.1 100% after 1.5 years of it coming out.. Rewards are based on that time period

Yeah, They should increase the rewards or Nerf it more so we can just blast through it if you're an end-game player.
    You're not actually an end game player if you're going back and doing content 1.5 years old at all let alone not blasting through it.
    So if I never did Act 1 100% but did everything else 100% including Abyss I would not be an "end Game player"? What's the definition of end game player?
    If you ask for a act 1 nerf and complain that act 1 exploration is very difficult, then yes, you are not an end game player. I don't care about the "end game" titles, you are the one that brought it up.

Why even bother doing it if you’re just going to complain lol

Because if people never complained Kabam would never change anything in this game. No champs would ever be reworked and champs like Odin would have remained how they released him and this game would suck. Content would be released with no beta and come out how it was originally created. Thats why.
    Legitimate complaints are always welcome. Act 6 was already looked at and changed significantly. If people still find it difficult, may be it's time to look at the rosters and skill.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

Because if people never complained Kabam would never change anything in this game. No champs would ever be reworked and champs like Odin would have remained how they released him and this game would suck. Content would be released with no beta and come out how it was originally created. Thats why.
    There's a very big difference between complaining and critical criticism. There are some absolutely terrible parts of act 6 but that's a very small part.

Kabam broke on Act 6 because of the sheer amount of complaining. Constant, constant, constant complaining. Most of this is coming from people who went through act 5 once and never went back. They had very underdeveloped rosters and struggled with content. These are the same types that constantly complained about UC difficulty bosses being too hard or the summoner show up difficulty was too high when it's one fight and you can use 5 champs.

Every game needs constructive criticism and good developers want it. Kabam listens regardless of what people say but what they did with act 6 by pandering to people who have like 10 R5's trying to Act 6 was just too much. Act 7's difficulty is a direct result of Kabam pandering to these types who just want rewards without effort. Story content is ruined forever.
    Pulyaman said:

Eternity0 said:

If you ask for a act 1 nerf and complain that act 1 exploration is very difficult, then yes, you are not an end game player. I don't care about the "end game" titles, you are the one that brought it up.
    lol ok..

There's a very big difference between complaining and critical criticism. There are some absolutely terrible parts of act 6 but that's a very small part.

Kabam broke on Act 6 because of the sheer amount of complaining. Constant, constant, constant complaining. Most of this is coming from people who went through act 5 once and never went back. They had very underdeveloped rosters and struggled with content. These are the same types that constantly complained about UC difficulty bosses being too hard or the summoner show up difficulty was too high when it's one fight and you can use 5 champs.

Every game needs constructive criticism and good developers want it. Kabam listens regardless of what people say but what they did with act 6 by pandering to people who have like 10 R5's trying to Act 6 was just too much. Act 7's difficulty is a direct result of Kabam pandering to these types who just want rewards without effort. Story content is ruined forever.
    Nah I enjoyed Act 7 and the 7.2 beta Much more than I am enjoying the Act 6 grind. I think they are doing much better at creating new content than they did with Act 6.

Nah I enjoyed Act 7 and the 7.2 beta Much more than I am enjoying the Act 6 grind. I think they are doing much better at creating new content than they did with Act 6.
    Of course. Act 7 is about 100x's easier than act 6. Like I said, we'll never have truly challenging story content ever again.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★

Of course. Act 7 is about 100x's easier than act 6. Like I said, we'll never have truly challenging story content ever again.
    Sigh...acting all high and mighty when u urself haven’t explored act 6

Sigh...acting all high and mighty when u urself haven’t explored act 6
    I'm not acting all high and mighty. And yeah, I'm going through it now. Not complaining about it though.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    I would love it if the energy costs were nerfed in Act6, it’s just too costly from an energy standpoint. It slows down the process of exploration and grinding it out which has the consequence of it not fealing worth the hassle
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I may be in the minority here, but I find act 6 isn't as bad once you get through the gates of 6.2. I'm not saying that 6.3 and 6.4 are easy, but the biggest detriment and annoyance I've found in act 6 exploration is the gates. After the nerfs, personally I don't find 6.3 and 6.4 unreasonable. If you don't want to put in the work for the rewards, I find that to be more on the player. Can't expect to breeze through content for a free t5cc and 6* awakening gem at this stage of the game. You may prefer to do abyss but that isn't exactly an easy task either.

Honestly I feel like if you're still complaining about act 6 after the nerfs there have been you expect top end resources to be handed out. Yeah it might be a grind, because you get to make top tier upgrades after you finally finish it. Just my opinion though. Act 5 was still a grind to complete for a lot of people when it came out. 🤷
  • swmcswswmcsw Posts: 249 ★★
    I hadn't done any act 6 in a while, other than get through GM recently like Feb. Started 7.1 found that fun, some challenging, but 100 7.1 in the end of Feb. So I have been bored decided to do some runs in Act 6 and it's honestly not as bad as I remember it being. I attribute it to a larger roster, still some hard fights but the main problem is the energy requirements. 1 full bar for 1 path, plus lots of lanes, makes exploring a drag.
    BigBlueOx said:

I would love it if the energy costs were nerfed in Act6, it’s just too costly from an energy standpoint. It slows down the process of exploration and grinding it out which has the consequence of it not fealing worth the hassle

Why would they do that if act 5 is still 3 per step?

Because the number of paths in 6.1 start at an obscenely high number of 10. But also look at variant content, early content has these high energy requirements as well but newer variants follow the 1,2,3 model. It seems that they understand punishing the player base with high cost energy models and large numbers of paths is discouraging exploration in content like Act6.

I’m fine with the current difficulty and even the number of paths as it’s more content for players that want it. But I would really enjoy a lower energy cost model.

BigBlueOx said:

Because the number of paths in 6.1 start at an obscenely high number of 10. But also look at variant content, early content has these high energy requirements as well but newer variants follow the 1,2,3 model. It seems that they understand punishing the player base with high cost energy models and large numbers of paths is discouraging exploration in content like Act6.

I’m fine with the current difficulty and even the number of paths as it’s more content for players that want it. But I would really enjoy a lower energy cost model.

That's because variants followed the original design of the eq. I think the original quest had 3 chapters which were later changed to 2. I think it was mentioned somewhere, not sure where. Exploration of story content has always been long. If you see, they changed the number of paths for 6.3 and 6.4. So, they have taken feedback and changed them.

Lowering the energy also in blatantly unfair for people who have already explored it. It will give rise to compensation threads which are honestly a waste of time. Act 5 still has 3 energy per step. Act 4 only had 2 energy for special weeks and then was permanently changed to 2 energy after almost 2 years I believe. Everyone who has done it has done it with the same energy cost.
    I completed act 6(explored 6.1 and completed 6.2, 6.3, 6.4) pre-nerf and explored it only 2 months ago. It took from cyber-Monday to end of feb to explore 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4. I took it month by month. So, I wanted it to be done by March. Plan your runs and it is honestly an interesting piece of content.
    Pulyaman said:

That's because variants followed the original design of the eq. I think the original quest had 3 chapters which were later changed to 2. I think it was mentioned somewhere, not sure where. Exploration of story content has always been long. If you see, they changed the number of paths for 6.3 and 6.4. So, they have taken feedback and changed them.

Lowering the energy also in blatantly unfair for people who have already explored it. It will give rise to compensation threads which are honestly a waste of time. Act 5 still has 3 energy per step. Act 4 only had 2 energy for special weeks and then was permanently changed to 2 energy after almost 2 years I believe. Everyone who has done it has done it with the same energy cost.
    I completed act 6(explored 6.1 and completed 6.2, 6.3, 6.4) pre-nerf and explored it only 2 months ago. It took from cyber-Monday to end of feb to explore 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4. I took it month by month. So, I wanted it to be done by March. Plan your runs and it is honestly an interesting piece of content.

Really not disagreeing with any of this but at the same time just because something has always been a way doesn’t mean it is well conceived of or shouldn’t be made better. The energy costs more than anything else are what make Act6 seem like tiresome content from my perspective (TB who’s explored 7.1) as I now have a roster suitable to really explore Act6.

I feel like your point above kinda makes my argument about the energy requirements to explore the content being incredibly high, that quite the length of time needed to explore

TKS87 said:

I may be in the minority here, but I find act 6 isn't as bad once you get through the gates of 6.2. I'm not saying that 6.3 and 6.4 are easy, but the biggest detriment and annoyance I've found in act 6 exploration is the gates. After the nerfs, personally I don't find 6.3 and 6.4 unreasonable. If you don't want to put in the work for the rewards, I find that to be more on the player. Can't expect to breeze through content for a free t5cc and 6* awakening gem at this stage of the game. You may prefer to do abyss but that isn't exactly an easy task either.

Honestly I feel like if you're still complaining about act 6 after the nerfs there have been you expect top end resources to be handed out. Yeah it might be a grind, because you get to make top tier upgrades after you finally finish it. Just my opinion though. Act 5 was still a grind to complete for a lot of people when it came out. 🤷

It's more the 10 paths, not difficulty. Does it really need to be 10 lol. The gate they make you use are actually just making you use the best champs for the lane anyways for the most part.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★

Eternity0 said:

The joke being: An end game player would have completed 1.5 years ago.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★

Players: "There isn't enough content in the game"
    Kabam: "What about Act 6?"
    Players: "Are you kidding me? It's too hard and the rewards suck!"

Did I miss anything?

For what it's worth - it's about the journey, take it one path at a time and the rewards add up by the end of Act 6. I proudly wear my "Breaker of Thrones" title.

This. It is about the journey. Exploring content is how you get good and build your account. Can't just roll through the game doing easy paths only and expect to grow.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I just started going back and exploring 6.1 as I'm pretty much out of other content (abyss exploration is on hold too for me now because of the time sink). I knocked out 6.1.1 itemless this week and it took 4 days of all my energy used at max capacity (no energy refills or units gonna be used for this and I'll explain why below). I didn't find it particularly hard with my roster now and it was actually easier than I expected it to be. Great, off to a good start, right? We'll, no actually.. I'm burned out on it already.

10 paths per act, sucks - period. It's super repetitive and boring. To make it worse, you have to burn 21 energy just to move from the last fight in the path to the portal (3) hop the portal over (3) cross 4 blank nodes (12) before the last move to the boss (3). 21 energy wasted 10x times for one act (210 energy = 7 full energy refills) on absolute nothingness. There are plenty more nonsense energy waster nodes peppered in there too.

This is why I dread doing more. It's an energy wasteland that means keeping champs locked in or dropping lots of units on refills. If they could tone the empty nodes down , I guess I'd really have nothing else to complain about, since they aren't going to reduce the number of paths. But 10 of them still sucks too.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

I just started going back and exploring 6.1 as I'm pretty much out of other content (abyss exploration is on hold too for me now because of the time sink). I knocked out 6.1.1 itemless this week and it took 4 days of all my energy used at max capacity (no energy refills or units gonna be used for this and I'll explain why below). I didn't find it particularly hard with my roster now and it was actually easier than I expected it to be. Great, off to a good start, right? We'll, no actually.. I'm burned out on it already.

10 paths per act, sucks - period. It's super repetitive and boring. To make it worse, you have to burn 21 energy just to move from the last fight in the path to the portal (3) hop the portal over (3) cross 4 blank nodes (12) before the last move to the boss (3). 21 energy wasted 10x times for one act (210 energy = 7 full energy refills) on absolute nothingness. There are plenty more nonsense energy waster nodes peppered in there too.

This is why I dread doing more. It's an energy wasteland that means keeping champs locked in or dropping lots of units on refills. If they could tone the empty nodes down , I guess I'd really have nothing else to complain about, since they aren't going to reduce the number of paths. But 10 of them still sucks too.

Starting from 6.3, they moved to 6 path per quest

This. 💯 this. I feel identically the same. It’s not even the content it’s just the wasteland of energy consumption. Dreading getting to the lines where 70 energy isn’t enough to complete a line... which is just plain bad design.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,145 ★★★★★
    I tried to explore act 6.2, then saw the 10 paths bs in 6.2.1 and quit. Just too many paths, very roster dependence for the rewards. It was more enjoyable exploring variants and 7.1. Easy path of abyss was more fun.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★

What are u talking about? 6.1 was easier than 7.1
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★

TKS87 said:

It's more the 10 paths, not difficulty. Does it really need to be 10 lol. The gate they make you use are actually just making you use the best champs for the lane anyways for the most part.
    That's fair, never really thought about it that way. I agree 10 paths is quite a bit , but I think the same thing still applies. Whether it's difficulty or time, it shouldn't be a breeze to acquire resources that are going to unlock the highest level champs you can currently have in the game. You can still not agree with the amount of paths you have to do, but at least the paths are significantly easier now.

I don't agree with the gate statement tho, class advantage doesn't always equate to the best matchup for those paths. And there are a lot of generic and even class gates that still restrict you from bringing your best champs, or your best counters to certain champs on said path. I personally found that being restricted on champs I can bring in to fight paths and bosses was more annoying than being able to bring in anyone I wanted to take paths fights and bosses, even if I have to take numerous paths.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

It's the last thing on my list of things to do on my alt. It will get done eventually but I'm in no rush.

Im actually skipping act 1-5 exploration and doing act 6 slowly on my alt. And act 7 ofc.