As we continue to work to address ongoing issues regarding Parry and Evade, we will be extending the Week 4 Quest of the Summer of Pain and its Solo Objectives by 1 week to better allow you to complete this content. This will not result in next week's content being delayed.
Champion Spotlight - Nova (2021 Update)
-Potency of burst Energy Damage from SP2 increases from 50% to 100% while while his personal Unblockable Buff is active.
-Duration of Fury gained at 75+ Nova Charges increased from 7s->10s
-Potency of Fury gained at 75+ Nova Charges increased from 15% Attack->32% Attack
All was normal for New York high-school student, Richard Rider until he came into contact with the Nova Corps, a peace-keeping force based on the planet Xandar. After the planet Xandar was invaded and destroyed by a space pirate known as Zorr, the last surviving member of Xandar's elite Nova Corps, Rhomann Dey, selected Richard Rider to replace him. Rider is given a uniform and powers of a Nova Centurion but little instruction on how to use them. Calling himself Nova, Rider becomes a Super Hero, teaming with other heroes such as Spider-Man and Thor to use his powers for the good of Earth and the universe while serving as its protector.
Nova wields the power of the Nova Force. This force manifests itself in the form of powerful gravimetric energy beams, protective shielding, and flight for its user. Nova is a powerful and mobile Defender who generates his power by actively moving around the arena. As he attains more and more power, Nova unlocks new abilities of the Nova Force: increased Energy Damage, the ability to Auto-Block while Stunned, and will eventually become Unblockable for a short period if his power is left unchecked.
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)||40458||2965||13680|
Character Class: Cosmic
Basic Abilities: Fury, Auto-Block, Nova Force, Unblockable, Energize
- Medium Dash Attack
- Nova’s Medium Attacks give him access to his main source of Energy Damage. With his Signature Ability, players can see he is at his strongest when he winds up a Dash Attack from full screen distance.
- Power Gain / Energize
- As Nova travels forward across the arena, he gains Power, giving him more reason to aggressively pressure his opponents and use Special Attacks. Activating Special 1 also gives Nova access to increased Power Rate while he has his Energize Buff active.
- Defensive Abilities
- Nova Auto-Blocks if Struck while dashing forward as long as he has a Fury Buff active. Nova is also very resilient against Attackers with True Strike, Unblockable, or Guaranteed Critical Hits. This gives him considerable defense and protection while he moves around the arena, and makes him very tricky to deal with as a Defender.
- Long Buff Duration
- Nova’s Signature Ability also boosts the duration of Buffs that are applied to him. This gives him a considerable advantage being placed as a Defender in Alliance War
- Nullify - Symbiote Supreme, Mephisto, Doctor Voodoo
- Nova’s primary source of power is his permanent Fury Buff. If it is Nullified, he briefly loses connection with the Nova Force and can no longer activate his Auto-Block.
- True Accuracy - Proxima Midnight, Night Thrasher
- Nova’s Auto-Block is a major threat, so any champion that can bypass his Auto-Block via True Accuracy has a considerable advantage over him.
Developer’s Note: True Accuracy is not the same as True Strike. Characters like Killmonger, for example, have True Strike but not True Accuracy. While True Accuracy and True Strike will both get around Nova’s Auto-Block, True Strike attacks will receive a massive damage penalty!
- Power Manipulation - Gwenpool, Magik
- Nova’s main Offensive threats also come from his Special Attacks. Champions that are able to Burn, Drain, Lock, or Steal his Power will keep him from activating his most potent abilities.
- Limited Space
- Nova’s main resource, Nova Charges, aregenerated faster when he dashes around the arena. This means when Nova does not have room to maneuver, he does not generate Nova Charges quickly, thus limiting his abilities.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- When successfully striking opponents Nova has -30% Offensive Power Rate.
- While dashing forward, Nova passively gains up to 20% of a Bar of Power based on the distance travelled.
- Nova’s Medium Attacks do not make Contact and deal Energy Damage.
- Nova starts the fight with a permanent Fury Buff increasing Attack Rating by 1610.7. If Nullified, Removed, or prevented in any way this Buff goes on cooldown for 12 seconds.
- When Nova is struck with True Strike, Unblockable, or guaranteed critical hits Opponents have -70% Attack Rating.
- While Nova has a Fury Buff active, being struck when dashing forward activates Auto-Block allowing Nova to automatically block incoming Basic Attacks. Triggering this ability removes all Fury Buffs and consumes 25 Nova Charges.
Nova Charges - Max: 100
- Nova enters the fight at 0 Nova Charges and passively generates them over time. Nova Charges passively generate slower the more charges he has.
- While dashing forward Nova generates additional Nova Charges. More Nova Charges are generated the farther he travels.
- If struck with True Strike, an Unblockable attack, or a guaranteed critical hit, generate 50 Nova Charges.
- When one of Nova’s Buffs is Nullified, remove 25 Charges, and prevent Nova Charges from being generated for 6 seconds.
- Nova’s Medium Attacks deal 30% of damage done as a burst of Energy Damage.
- At 25+ Nova Charges: Nova’s Second Medium Attack deals an additional 20% of damage done as burst Energy Damage. Activating this ability consumes 25 Nova Charges.
- At 50+ Nova Charges: Auto-Blocks can be triggered while Stunned. Activating this ability Purifies Stun Debuffs.
- At 75+ Nova Charges: Gain a Fury Buff increasing Attack Rating by 736.32 for 10 seconds and refresh Nova's active Fury Buffs while below maximum stacks. Max 4 stacks.
- When reaching 100 Nova Charges: Gain an Unblockable Buff for 2.5 seconds. This ability consumes 100 Nova Charges when this Buff expires, is Nullified, or prevented and prevents Nova Charges from being generated for 6 seconds.
- Against Tech Champions, consuming Nova Charges inflicts an Armor Break Debuff reducing Armor by 525 for 24 seconds. This can only stack once.
| Special 1 - Centurion Tackle
| Special 2 - Gravimetric Cannon
| Special 3 - Gravimetric Hold
| Signature Ability - Human Rocket
New Warrior Blood - Unique Synergy - with Night Thrasher, Darkhawk
- Nova: Heavy Attacks have a 50% chance to refresh Nova Surge Buffs.
- Night Thrasher: The Shock Baton Gadget Debuff passively reduces Defensive Power Rate by 30%.
- Darkhawk: Starts the Fight with a Permanent Armor Up Buff increasing Armor Rating by 45%.
Total Annihilation - Unique Synergy - with Annihilus
- Nova: Nova gains +40% Perfect Block chance when triggering Auto-Block.
- Annihilus: +65% Physical Resistance while Unstoppable.
Maximum Output - Unique Synergy - with Bishop, Havok
- Nova: Gain 1 Nova Charge each time Nova receives Energy Damage.
- Bishop: Receiving Energy Damage generates 1 additional stack of Prowess.
- Havok: 10% chance to place a new Plasma Build Up Debuff on the Opponent when it is Removed or Purified.
Phalanx Feud - Unique Synergy - with Gamora, Drax
- Nova: Increase the potency of Fury Buffs by 15%.
- Gamora, Drax: When performing a Dash Attack, 30% chance to gain an Aptitude Buff increasing the Potency of Fury by 15% for 12 seconds.
Full Speed Ahead - Unique Synergy- with Rhino, Iron Fist
- Nova: Starting a Dash Attack immediately after Dashing Back generates 5 additional Nova Charges.
- Rhino: 30% Chance to refresh Fury Buffs when striking with Medium Attacks.
- Iron Fist: Medium Attacks gain +5% chance for each Armor Break Debuff on the Opponent to inflict a Stun Debuff for 1.5 seconds.
Parry / Limber / Stupefy
- Along with being a must have for any new Summoner, the Parry Mastery is especially useful for Nova, as it triggers when Nova triggers Auto-Block above 75 Nova Charges. The added Stun gives Nova a bit more offensive strength when dashing with Medium Attacks.
Stand Your Ground
- Choose this Mastery when placing Nova on Alliance War Defense. Nova is left wide open if he misses with his Heavy Attack, so adding a counter measure with Stand Your Ground gives Nova a solid defensive boost.
Block Proficiency / Perfect Block
- Any Masteries that enhance the strength of Nova’s Auto-Block will ensure Nova minimizes the damage he inevitably takes when dashing towards his opponents.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on