**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

To war or not to war... What is it good for?

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
Hi all,

(And my ally mates who will probs read this!)

So I'm looking for views on war and whether it's worth it, from those that do war, but also from those Alliances who have given it up.

We run a 10.3k average prestige, no line-esque chat so in game comms only.

We run map 4 mainly in AQ, may run some map 5 with the link nodes down, we hit 159/160m each round and always get 30 people turning up. AQ is decent glory 3,700 ish per round and as a result good rewards too, enough for the 1 chunk of t5cc for our TBs and some left over for t5b and t2a. It's zero stress and very easy for us all to breeze through the maps.

War on the other hand... We bounce from tier 5 to 7 depending on win streak, gold 2/3 and only 2 BGs. So that's 2 to 3 t2a, a quarter to a half t5b a 5*and if g2, 1,000 6* shards.

For 3 weeks of defence tactics, 3/45 6* defenders, occasionally having to use precious glory on pots... For 3t2a and 1000 6* shards.

If you just buy 4 lv4 health pots, that's a while t2a on it's own on glory.

For FAR less effort in AQ, we get 20% t5cc for our TBs, 4-6 t2a and 1 and a bit t5b. And we mainly run map 4...

So.....war, what is it good for?

Is there any level outside p1 and Masters worth it compared to AQ? You get enough 6* shards at the very top, but g1 down, with defence tactics and chunky defenders I'm seriously questioning the value.

I'm also concerned about burning people out, many in our Alliances who are pushing pretty tough content as it is.

So, for those that quit, those that still casual war, those that hard core, those that got burnt out.. intrigued to have your views.

To war or not to war... What is it good for? 172 votes

Hard core war all the way
10%
JerryJiverDarkrider05ace007venturaTKS87Amazing_Demon05Dr_Z01dbergMobile_P0tat0H3t3rThoye3FiiNCHMasterpuffHelloThere1A7madD1wBlizzard28JoshKosh557FlyGalaxyBombZippy_halligan2401 18 votes
Casual war and it's fine
46%
LeNoirFaineantMr_PlatypuszuffyAzKicker316RustyWarLeediman39TerraMagrailothosFredhorst23Ethans8279black_gokuSpiderCoolsFurious_Fighter1PizzabeatpseudosaneBuckyBruhrischioTitoBandito187JuggerNotTheAngryOne 80 votes
Casual war and thinking of quitting war
16%
DeeparviDrZolaWorld EaterDrenlinjdrum663Jwallace25SceptilemaniacMenkentLautZzZbrandinhoFrostyg02ukMattstafariBugmat78LattughinoDeaconMetalJakeAstoundsLlamaSlothKen1378KoopaKrusher 28 votes
No war at all, AQ all the way
20%
SolswerdVceephillgreenadramelchCaramesch4rnSpurgeon14yuwGrootman1294spaceoctopusWine_LoverWozzy101Morpheus_123Kill_GreyMarvzeliusZeezoosOGAvengerDonDudu2809Fit_Fun9329Destroy4589 36 votes
Alliances? What are they?
5%
Hammerbro_64Raichu626Denzel116te_dua_shumBerjibsEdeuinkTrashyPandaHoitadoElwindWooptyfrickendoo 10 votes

Comments

• MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    @RaviDavi the huge challenge we have with our prestige, is that we would have to purposefully lose a LOT of wars. Just 2 BGs, no items, we still hit tier 5.
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Casual war and it's fine

@RaviDavi the huge challenge we have with our prestige, is that we would have to purposefully lose a LOT of wars. Just 2 BGs, no items, we still hit tier 5.

Maybe try a YOLO strategy aka no defense planning ;)

Let everyone choose a bit lower champs so they can focus on AQ and their own progression.

(Just my opinion tho)
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    If war is not your alliance's thing, you could always just boss rush and if you win you win. If not no big deal. Pretty easy rewards for not a lot of work. At your prestige, you could probably still finish Gold 3 while boss rushing every war.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    No war at all, AQ all the way
    War is evil.
    QuikPik said:

If war is not your alliance's thing, you could always just boss rush and if you win you win. If not no big deal. Pretty easy rewards for not a lot of work. At your prestige, you could probably still finish Gold 3 while boss rushing every war.

We often boss rush the second section in tier 5 if it's peppered with horrific defenders on every node. Another consideration, is that there are 10 of so who like the challenge and what else will they do with their ranked up things, korgs, dominos and the rest ;-) (yes I know they have uses!!)
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Casual war and it's fine
    if you guys are only doing 2bg, its definitely not worth to suffer in tier 5 for gold 2/3 rewards. i do war for the fun, even though i spend a lot of glory on pots for plat 4 rewards which are nice but id rather spend glory on catalysts and such instead of potions.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Casual war and it's fine
    As long as everyone shares the load (ie. everyone helps with minibosses rather than expecting to get hard carried by the same few every war) then I consider Gold 1 to be relatively simple to achieve and maintain. Obviously if you’re one of the few being expected to hard carry every war then I’d imagine it’s not very worth it to that person, probably excellent cost vs reward ratio for the freeloaders though if allowed to stay.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Casual war and it's fine
    Just playing war as a fun game mode and not stressing too much is our alliance's motto.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Casual war and it's fine
    The highest I've ever played is Gold 2. Personally I don't think the time commitment is worth the rewards but I play it mostly for variety and the 4* shards (I need lots of ISO). AQ, eq and story content gets boring fast. You can avoid AW and still progress normally in this game unlike AQ.
    Chikel said:

The highest I've ever played is Gold 2. Personally I don't think the time commitment is worth the rewards but I play it mostly for variety and the 4* shards (I need lots of ISO). AQ, eq and story content gets boring fast. You can avoid AW and still progress normally in this game unlike AQ.

So that is true. AQ is the best regular route for rank ups bar none. I like war, but hate the pressure. I play this game for a bit of escapism, so maybe my style isn't attuned for it.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    I stopped being in an alliance at Conqueror and it’s been so much more fun and chill.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Doing my first wars in almost 3 years and I still hate it.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Casual war and it's fine
    We do only 1BG and in tier 5. No pressure war, no diversity. I haven’t spent glory on potions in ages. If I die, no big deal.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    If you can’t fill 3 BGs you will be stuck in silver 1 and silver 2... it’s not worth it. Only reason I still do it is bc I’m a sucker for pain.
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    Casual war and it's fine
    Just casual war
    No pressure on anybody
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

SWORD78 said:

I stopped being in an alliance at Conqueror and it’s been so much more fun and chill.

How do you get by without glory?
    Just fine. I got started playing in April 2020 and became Cavalier a few months back maybe 3 and resources aren’t really in a shortage for me. Occasionally I’ll need some T1A but I just go to the EQ to get some
  • UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    Casual war and it's fine
    I prefer aw to aq tbh. Atleast there is some variety in war fights and attack phase is only every alternate day. In aq, you take a path and do the same fights over and over again for 5 days, a couple of days break and then repeat, gets very monotonous. So just playing aq would make the game far less enjoyable for me.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Wars are really ehhh.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’m currently in an alliance which puts a good amount of effort into war, the main reason we do it though is because we enjoy the mode, the endgame scene is pretty dry currently so war is the only content that really makes people think and provides a challenge, overall the rewards aren’t hugely worth the effort though
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Taking a break from being on the leash. Naturally means my progress in practically non-existent, but it's this or quitting.

My opinion on war is as another casual grind, but one that's far less necessary. If you're a top player sure, but pushing hard to jump a few ranks ain't worth it.