**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A request to all the Dormammu users...

The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I recently chose Dormammu from my Nexus. Might be a unusual pick, but I very badly needed a power control champion.
I have a idea that MM combo's are quite good for him. I never got a clear explanation about how his imbued mechanism works.
It would be very helpful if someone could suggest me how to use him...
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    @TheManMythLegend has a r3 Dormammu, there's probably some content on his YouTube channel
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Gather around children.

So basically he gets imbued when he reaches 100 dark energy. Gets that by nullifying buffs or more easily draining power with final medium. Imbued gives you bonuses on his specials. Like on s1 instead of nullifying 1 buff you will nullify all buffs.

On s2 instead of just power lock you will also power drain on each hit

And on s3 you will get this buff thingy that lets you regen for the dmg you heavy bomb does. Which is a lot and hes very easy to get from very low to max health this way.

So no mm is not the way to go for a fight unless you fight someone like magik maybe where you dont want her to reach a bar at all you should throw mllll after getting imbued to stay that way

Isn't his sp3 bugged so that you constantly gain dark energy even when the buff thingy ends? I seem to remember just permanently gaining it for the entire fight after throwing his sp3...
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

Qacob said:

@TheManMythLegend has a r3 Dormammu, there's probably some content on his YouTube channel

And yes there absolutely is dormammu showcases for end game content showing the peeps that he most def have uses.

All this and so much more on the all new all underrated champions channel
    Literally give him a block proficiency buff. THAT IS ALL HE NEEDS TO BE GREAT.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    Don't forget when he reaches 100, his heavy does a ton of extra damage. Heavy again to restart his charge and back to MM to get it to 100 again, if the fight lasts that long.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Gather around children.

So basically he gets imbued when he reaches 100 dark energy. Gets that by nullifying buffs or more easily draining power with final medium. Imbued gives you bonuses on his specials. Like on s1 instead of nullifying 1 buff you will nullify all buffs.

On s2 instead of just power lock you will also power drain on each hit

And on s3 you will get this buff thingy that lets you regen for the dmg you heavy bomb does. Which is a lot and hes very easy to get from very low to max health this way.

So no mm is not the way to go for a fight unless you fight someone like magik maybe where you dont want her to reach a bar at all you should throw mllll after getting imbued to stay that way

Isn't his sp3 bugged so that you constantly gain dark energy even when the buff thingy ends? I seem to remember just permanently gaining it for the entire fight after throwing his sp3...
    Yeah it’s bugged. His abilities actually don’t function great. If you gain imbued from a medium and throw your SP2 directly after it doesn’t trigger the imbued effects.

I would hope if he gets a tune up, the block proficiency is increased, the damage is increased a fair bit, and the SP3 bug stays because it makes him much better to play
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,598 Guardian
    edited April 2021

Don't forget when he reaches 100, his heavy does a ton of extra damage. Heavy again to restart his charge and back to MM to get it to 100 again, if the fight lasts that long.

Yes.
    HEAVY to kickstart building to 100.
    Medium ending combos for some slight Power Drains.
    When at 100, HEAVY again for big damage.
    (and repeat)

(in simplest terms of using him. besides whatever SP's are done and when regarding imbued).
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    Thank you everyone! The detailed explanation really gave me a good idea of Dormammu, @MegaSkater67 , thank you very much!
    The fact that he can be useful in variant 2 is something I just realized.
  • JDubsJDubs Posts: 152
    If you need extra block proficiency just bring guardian.
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    Guys, I recently tried to get use of his regen capability from the sp3. It seems like he keeps generating charges even after the buff has expired.

Also. After I get imbued, more power draining combo's remove this imbued and it restarts once again.... Why does it happen so?