**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Kabam now extremely conservative with all new and buffed champions.

FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 1,168 ★★★★
I feel kabam has become too Conservative with all new and buffed champions , Some new champions have great animations but are not played at all by majority of player base, except CGR,Ibomb,I hulk etc. But they are very few are far in between and not meta breaking.

I do not know if this is a god thing or bad, but one of the major reason I feel I have been playing this game for so long is shifting meta in terms of both attack and defense.

But now, for very long the upper tier of champions have been quite static and most of the new champions would not even stand a chance even in blade meta.

Do you guys feel as well that kabam is becoming more and more Conservative day by day?

Is Kabam now extremely conservative with all new and buffed champions. 176 votes

Yes Kabam is now extremely Conservative.
49%
Horror_punkAce_03RobbieRampageCazGK_23VerzznameplasDarkrider05Simbalakap01arisMilesHolmwoodLordabckReferenceKillerRino19LmaoSachhyam257ShrimpRThe_Blue_Jaguarredsoxpatsfan89Scopeotoe987 87 votes
No Kabam is not Conservative.
20%
LeNoirFaineantVceejdrum663Cat_MurdockSpizaetoFurious_Fighter1AssumedNameColonaut123KDSuperFlash10VoltolosRockyshockyIKONColinwhitworth69Dr_Z01dbergpsp742No_oneukN1nthcloudLeathersmw2017Thicco_ModeMaratox 36 votes
Yes Kabam is more Conservative but I am fine with that.
30%
danielmathSnakeEyes69Mr_PlatypusHaji_SaabRaganatorDrenlinMSRDLDRockermanLvernon15SWGOH_MosDefShadowstrikeOsfan8Hammerbro_64Spurgeon14CupidpseudosaneMoosetiptronicRaichu626Denzel116JhonST33 53 votes

Comments

• Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

2021 champs have kicked off very meh, but if you look back, the same applied to the 2020 champs in the first 3 months. As the year progresses, I'm sure we're going to get more and more awesome champions like Apocalypse/CGR/Prof X.

As for the buffed champions, I very much disagree. I think people are being way too harsh on Kabam for the buffs. Literally every champion that has been buffed in this new buff system has become a better champion. Yes, not every champion will be top tier, but they are all improvements of their previous forms. And some of the recent buffs have been awesome, like Mole Man, Kingpin, and Angela, to name a few.

Well, it would not be a buff if there were no improvements. Some of the champions were so bad that there was no possible way to but up. I agree that the buffs have been good somewhat. I just wish Kabam would keep the core mechanics like they promised they would after the Hood debacle. Angela - Not sure how her buff is awesome, she was mediocre before and she is mediocre now. DDHK, Kingpin - Solid buff for Kingpin, good one for DDHK. Yellow jacket - He had no use before, he is usable in some niche situations now. We need to see the other buffs to be live so that we can test and learn their uses. Mole-man - Solid increase in utility and damage. Terrax - Defender before, defender now.

To conclude - Champions don't excite me as much as they did before. It could be because of no new useful content to use them on. So, once variant 7 and act 7.2 comes, we may get a little more excitement.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

2021 champs have kicked off very meh, but if you look back, the same applied to the 2020 champs in the first 3 months. As the year progresses, I'm sure we're going to get more and more awesome champions like Apocalypse/CGR/Prof X.

As for the buffed champions, I very much disagree. I think people are being way too harsh on Kabam for the buffs. Literally every champion that has been buffed in this new buff system has become a better champion. Yes, not every champion will be top tier, but they are all improvements of their previous forms. And some of the recent buffs have been awesome, like Mole Man, Kingpin, and Angela, to name a few.

Well, it would not be a buff if there were no improvements. Some of the champions were so bad that there was no possible way to but up. I agree that the buffs have been good somewhat. I just wish Kabam would keep the core mechanics like they promised they would after the Hood debacle. Angela - Not sure how her buff is awesome, she was mediocre before and she is mediocre now. DDHK, Kingpin - Solid buff for Kingpin, good one for DDHK. Yellow jacket - He had no use before, he is usable in some niche situations now. We need to see the other buffs to be live so that we can test and learn their uses. Mole-man - Solid increase in utility and damage. Terrax - Defender before, defender now.

To conclude - Champions don't excite me as much as they did before. It could be because of no new useful content to use them on. So, once variant 7 and act 7.2 comes, we may get a little more excitement.
    How in the world is being 100% resistant to all the debuffs in the game mediocre? Angela is undisputably an elite champion now, for the SOLE reason of that insanely powerful ability. It doesn't matter if you like her or not, being able to take 0 damage from all debuffs is incredibly powerful. She is not mediocre in the slightest.

All of the buffs recently have made the champions better, and most of the buffs have resulted in those champions being used a whole lot more.
    She is not resistant to all debuffs, she reduces the duration depending on the number of buffs you have. Her ability on paper is amazing, but she needs full sig to use it well and to maintain 3 buffs through out the whole match. Same with the autoblock bypass.

It doesn't matter to me if you like her too, it's a niche utility that may be used somewhere in the future content. If I wanted to avoid a debuff , I would simply take a immune champ. I don't suddenly see a bunch of videos using Angela in so many situations. If you like her so much, show us your 5/65 or at least a 2/35 Angela.

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    I would prefer that they keep the Buffs conservative because that way later on there is still something to add onto if they feel it's necessary. And eventually it will be necessary.
  • Options
    KoopaKrusherKoopaKrusher Posts: 105
    dot_ditto said:

I think it's better to release champs that "below the bar" at first ... and then bring them up to the bar . "slowly" ... carefully..

Considering the aggressive buff schedule, I don't think it's a terrible idea to release underwhelming champions with the intention of value-only buffing them in the near future. The contest is a constant battle between the players trying to beat content and kabam trying to keep challenging players. If kabam releases a champ and the players find a synergy and/or node combination that the champ clears easily, kabam no longer has that in its arsenal for challenging players.

That's not to say kabam should stop making god-tier champs. But I think with champs like Odin who interact with a lot of other champs, kabam was afraid players would find a cheat code of sorts that broke the game. It doesn't look like we've done that (and kabam took away stacking Odin's prefight) so it's safe for them to buff Odin in the near future to make his base kit a lot stronger
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

How in the world is being 100% resistant to all the debuffs in the game mediocre? Angela is undisputably an elite champion now, for the SOLE reason of that insanely powerful ability. It doesn't matter if you like her or not, being able to take 0 damage from all debuffs is incredibly powerful. She is not mediocre in the slightest.

All of the buffs recently have made the champions better, and most of the buffs have resulted in those champions being used a whole lot more.
    She is not resistant to all debuffs, she reduces the duration depending on the number of buffs you have. Her ability on paper is amazing, but she needs full sig to use it well and to maintain 3 buffs through out the whole match. Same with the autoblock bypass.

It doesn't matter to me if you like her too, it's a niche utility that may be used somewhere in the future content. If I wanted to avoid a debuff , I would simply take a immune champ. I don't suddenly see a bunch of videos using Angela in so many situations. If you like her so much, show us your 5/65 or at least a 2/35 Angela.

Then sig her up? That's like saying because Namor and Aegon need high sig, they're less valuable. She reduces the duration of debuffs by 100%, meaning she is 100% resistant to the normal duration of debuffs. You don't need to bring an immune champ, as she can handle all damaging debuffs.

It's not niche in the slightest, that's like saying Colossus' immunities are niche, leaving him with no utility. Immunities/resistances are not niche. My 5 star Angela would be r5 sig 182 if I could awaken her.
    She reduces the duration of buffs when she has 3 buffs at max sig. That is the full text. You take her to 5/65 and full sig and start using her and then we can see how useful she is. I have yet to see a person who says they will take Angela to rank 3 at low sig.

I would not max my Namor without max sig. Namor also has prestige to consider. Do you see Namor being used anywhere now? That is why he has been pushed to a prestige rank up. Namor as a champion is a niche rank up to tackle damage reflect fights and I don't see people using him anywhere else.

I never said resistances and immunities are niche. Omega red is one of my favorite champs. He has bleed resistance out of the box. Colossus has bleed immunity out of the box. Take Rogue, she gains 70% reduced duration to all debuffs out of the box.Angela needs to gain 3 buffs at max sig before she can get that 100% reduction you talk about. At any rate, resistances/immunities are better than reduced duration any day. That is why people don't get suture.

You can talk her up anyway you want, but Angela is just as useful as she was in most rosters before the buff as she is after the buff.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Then sig her up? That's like saying because Namor and Aegon need high sig, they're less valuable. She reduces the duration of debuffs by 100%, meaning she is 100% resistant to the normal duration of debuffs. You don't need to bring an immune champ, as she can handle all damaging debuffs.

It's not niche in the slightest, that's like saying Colossus' immunities are niche, leaving him with no utility. Immunities/resistances are not niche. My 5 star Angela would be r5 sig 182 if I could awaken her.
    She reduces the duration of buffs when she has 3 buffs at max sig. That is the full text. You take her to 5/65 and full sig and start using her and then we can see how useful she is. I have yet to see a person who says they will take Angela to rank 3 at low sig.

I would not max my Namor without max sig. Namor also has prestige to consider. Do you see Namor being used anywhere now? That is why he has been pushed to a prestige rank up. Namor as a champion is a niche rank up to tackle damage reflect fights and I don't see people using him anywhere else.

I never said resistances and immunities are niche. Omega red is one of my favorite champs. He has bleed resistance out of the box. Colossus has bleed immunity out of the box. Take Rogue, she gains 70% reduced duration to all debuffs out of the box.Angela needs to gain 3 buffs at max sig before she can get that 100% reduction you talk about. At any rate, resistances/immunities are better than reduced duration any day. That is why people don't get suture.

You can talk her up anyway you want, but Angela is just as useful as she was in most rosters before the buff as she is after the buff.
    Have you never faced any content that includes any damage back, whether its from thorns abilities or DOT?? Namor and Angela's sig abilities are both amazing, and both worth maxing. And getting 3 buffs is incredibly easy for Angela, it takes 1 combo. One. That's 5 hits. Super easy.

No one's ever gassing up Angela at low sig. Do you not get it? I'm talking about a high sig Angela, not a low one. There's a reason you don't see many r3 Cap IW's, as his prestige is meh and he needs max sig. It doesn't make him less of a champion.

As for your final point, that's simply not true at all. Before the buff, Angela had nearly no utility. Now, she has amazing utility. Arguably the strongest utility in the entire cosmic class. Full resistance to all debuffs, can parry projectiles, full autoblock counter, and full nullify counter. Amazing utility. You need to take another look at her.
    Parrying projectiles - Reparry exists. Autoblock counter, nullify counter - needs 3 buffs. Resistance to debuffs - It's reduced duration - big difference. People talking her up really need to show me where you have used her and not spout data from the spotlight. Something may be great on paper, but not in practice.

I am asking you the same thing as I did before, show me some gameplay where you or anyone else uses her after the buff. Even Brian Grant took her up against Sinister and he struggled with IMIW in that path. You know why? She lost her 3 buffs and could not prevent autoblock. I am not talking without playing her or having seen gameplay.

You have your views and I have mine mate. We can agree to disagree. She was a good addition to the game, but a very conservative one that is not wowing anyone soon.
  • Options
    FastastheflashFastastheflash Posts: 17
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

U do realize it takes like 5 seconds to get 3 buffs right? And even at sig 100 it ontly akes like 10 seconds to get there. If u think she shucks, u should reevaluate ur game decisions
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Have you never faced any content that includes any damage back, whether its from thorns abilities or DOT?? Namor and Angela's sig abilities are both amazing, and both worth maxing. And getting 3 buffs is incredibly easy for Angela, it takes 1 combo. One. That's 5 hits. Super easy.

No one's ever gassing up Angela at low sig. Do you not get it? I'm talking about a high sig Angela, not a low one. There's a reason you don't see many r3 Cap IW's, as his prestige is meh and he needs max sig. It doesn't make him less of a champion.

As for your final point, that's simply not true at all. Before the buff, Angela had nearly no utility. Now, she has amazing utility. Arguably the strongest utility in the entire cosmic class. Full resistance to all debuffs, can parry projectiles, full autoblock counter, and full nullify counter. Amazing utility. You need to take another look at her.
    Parrying projectiles - Reparry exists. Autoblock counter, nullify counter - needs 3 buffs. Resistance to debuffs - It's reduced duration - big difference. People talking her up really need to show me where you have used her and not spout data from the spotlight. Something may be great on paper, but not in practice.

I am asking you the same thing as I did before, show me some gameplay where you or anyone else uses her after the buff. Even Brian Grant took her up against Sinister and he struggled with IMIW in that path. You know why? She lost her 3 buffs and could not prevent autoblock. I am not talking without playing her or having seen gameplay.

You have your views and I have mine mate. We can agree to disagree. She was a good addition to the game, but a very conservative one that is not wowing anyone soon.
    Here is an example Angela vs caltrops

I never said she was useless. But she cannot counter caltrops right out of the block. In that regard, I would rate rogue better than her.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I never said she was useless. But she cannot counter caltrops right out of the block. In that regard, I would rate rogue better than her.
    who hurt you

idk what you have against angela but math says that 100%>70%
    I have nothing against Angela. I was excited for her buff just as anyone and I like that she is improved. But, this notion that she has become a utility monster is what I don't agree on. I would rate rogue better than Angela, you know why? I can actually play the whole match without dashing back.
    To my point, I was not going to use her for caltrops before, and not going to use her now either. Why would I when I can just as well take an immune champ?
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

LOL it takes like a combo to get 3 buffs which you can do easily. Then no more bleed for rest of the fight, with rogue the bleed will be on her for 30% of the duration which will deal a decent amount of dmg overtime.
    I already explained to KD. I don't need to dash back with rogue. Even the damage I can heal back with sp1. That is why rogue is better than Angela for me. Let's be real though, I am not going to use either for that node. My point still stands, if you were using her before, you will continue to use her. I don't know anyone who used her before and no one is clamoring to use her in DOT heavy matches.
    To be very clear, I am not dismissing her usefulness having played with her before and after the buff. I am not convinced that she has become the utility monster that people are hyping her up to be.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    No Kabam is not Conservative.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

who hurt you

idk what you have against angela but math says that 100%>70%
    I have nothing against Angela. I was excited for her buff just as anyone and I like that she is improved. But, this notion that she has become a utility monster is what I don't agree on. I would rate rogue better than Angela, you know why? I can actually play the whole match without dashing back.
    To my point, I was not going to use her for caltrops before, and not going to use her now either. Why would I when I can just as well take an immune champ?
    But why? It's super easy to keep more than 3 buffs at once and that gives already a -100% duration which already is better than Rogue's.If she loses any health at the start getting to 3 buffs, she has a regen to compensate for that once drop below a threshold. Angela also has far superior damage to Rogue and is a way better counter to damaging debuffs than Rogue.