**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thronebreaker Players , how well has becoming TB served you ?

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
I am only left with 7.1.3 to explore act 7 chapter 1 , I could have easily became TB with the unit exploration deal that popped up for 3500 units , but rather went with exploring.

So will become TB on my b'day on 8th April

So those who has become TB and who rushed for it, did you find it worth or some better to be expected ?

Thronebreaker Players , how well has becoming TB served you ? 138 votes

Totally worth it for me.
73%
DNA3000LeNoirFaineantMr_PlatypusCheese_Jones1JadedAzKicker316TristanBpn88855nameplasWardenclockPrimis00SylarKanameThecurlerMhd20034ace007venturaOsfan8Rbk19De_Potato_SaladRasiloverpseudosane 102 votes
Not really worth the hype.
26%
Timone147Ace_03LuciusVorenusCazSaint_007Amir447wvonkNapaHeroxxKyojinxxItsDamienSparrowNittKill_GreyPHJfinEtjamaKRANꓘGbailsTripleUHeterminusKeniutek30ish 36 votes

Comments

• SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    It’s a good title to have and the dailies have been a decent boost(2 fully formed t5b in let’s say 11 weeks worth of login) and the Christmas gift was a good bonus...with the glory store update coming on 10th I can finally start buying t5cc which is going to be a big plus(earlier the cost was too steep for me to justify losing out on other resources)...monthly calendar is nothing too spectacular(huge disappointment for me since the day it was announced) and haven’t pulled anything other than 3 and 4* from free cavs
    So with time the value keeps getting better especially in the glory store(t5cc and cheaper cost for others) but the most significant difference would be observed during july 4 deals
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Not really worth the hype.
    My drop rates in the dailies are about 90% T4B and 10% T4CC plus I became TB after the Cyber Monday deals and big compensation that really benefited TB players. I got the Christmas gift but the 6* R2 gem didn't do a whole lot more for me than the 5* AG would've. If I could go back in time I'd definitely still get TB since I made an amazing rank-up for it but I would never rank a champ that's just "good". I may change my mind after 4th of July/Cyber Monday though.
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    Happy early bday!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Totally worth it for me.
    I wouldn't say I had to rush to do it, I just had to make the decision to do it. And while I took some time to make up my mind, I don't regret pulling the trigger and going TB on day one.

Although the benefits of going TB have been only moderate, conversely there's been zero opportunity cost to me. Between when I did my first rank 3 and now, I have yet to pull a better option for that T5CC. So in that sense, I lost nothing going TB, and gained something. Cant ask for more from a game decision.
  • king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    Totally worth it for me.
    the weekly 5% t5c is amazing, other than that i couldn’t tell you. i’ve been hoarding my thronebreaker dailies and 4 hour crystals so i haven’t opened one yet and i’m f2p so the deals don’t affect me. the improved monthly calendar and 2 week cav crystals are cool.
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    Totally worth it for me.
    I didn't rush it, I happened to r3 a duped Cmm so it was gonna happen regardless. But over all I'd say worth it thanks to compensation, the gift and the TB dailies have been helpful definitely. I've pulled probably 2 t5b, a bunch of t2a and several 5 star champs.
  • SpinnakerSpinnaker Posts: 271 ★★★
    Totally worth it for me.
    It was only worth it for me because I didn't rush it. As an FTP player I don't get much out of improved offers (I also don't grind out arenas enough) and I'm saving the daily crystals (which are incredibly valuable) since I'm capped out on t4b. I think the free crystals are the biggest reward but it isn't worth the rush
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    I became TB on January 3. I have 14 5% t5cc I wouldn’t have otherwise. I bought the sigil and got 4 discounted 6-star features, awakening Ghost and Apocalypse.

Umm...it worked out. And I feel good saying that even though I still only have the one 3/45. I became TB buying the 3500 unit offer (I didn’t spend on those trash Black Friday deals). I’ve finished v6 and I’m working on 100% 7.1. I’m close to a mystic t5cc and I’m past half on science, cosmic and tech.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    If a middle option was included, that’s where I would be. I didn’t rush, didn’t buy T5 offers, don’t play high level AW or AQ and just let things progress. Wound up stuck at ~44,750 Mutant shards around end of year and pushed through start of this year.

Overall, it is decent, but TB suffers a bit from all the early hype that cast it as game-changing. Additionally, the Black Friday/Cyber Monday fracas dimmed its luster for me.

Quite possibly the most significant thing I’ve found is the 6* feature discount I paid for through the Sigil—that yielded a 6* Apoc and a couple of decent 6*’s for me. I’ve also used the 10K 5* shards for 750 6* shards trade on the Sigil as well.

Dailies...they are so-so. Lots of T4b/c, an occasional T2a, some T5b shards. The screenshots you see of 6* shards are akin to the pics of people pulling featured 6*’s—it is unlikely to happen to you.

I spend glory on the T5 sometimes, but I find T2a to be my most pressing need right now. Three other T5 classes are 50% or more, but I continue to pull shards in the two classes I already have R3’s (tech/mutant).

TB is a net positive. But I wouldn’t advise anyone to rush into it, to R3 an awful champ or to spend gobs to get it.

Dr. Zola
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Totally worth it for me.
    I was TB from the start so i didnt even know my first r3 would get me the title. The Dailies are soooooo nice to me. Ive gotten a full 6* and 20% t5cc.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Totally worth it for me.

I was TB from the start so i didnt even know my first r3 would get me the title. The Dailies are soooooo nice to me. Ive gotten a full 6* and 20% t5cc.

Same boat...first 2 days of TB I got full t5bc from the daily. Haven’t gotten any t5cc 😣
  • MaxLeeMaxLee Posts: 205 ★★
    Totally worth it for me.
    It's totally worth it...
    Benefits:
    1) Daily TB Crystal: I got 4 fully formed T5BC from dailies couple of fully formed T2AC and once 6* 10K shards. Even if you get T4B or T4CC still that is ok as they are very much required for ranking up champs even for 6* rank up.

2) Glory Store updated price and reward for TB's: Glory store (after the update on 10th April) is a huge benefit for TB Players now we don't have to cry for T2AC, you can get 5 every 8 Days if you buy all 10x18K, that is at least 15 T2AC and T5CC price also reduced now.

3) Offers, Deals & Free Gifts: The July 4th, Cyber Weekend & hopefully Deadpool summer cleaning sales this month offers are a lot better for TB's, even if you are FTP still units offers are better.

More importantly, eventually, everybody has to become TB if one wants to progress in the game so why wait just do it if you have a good champ to Rank 3.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Totally worth it for me.
    Been great.

The daily crystals are very good - I've probably pulled about 25- 30k 5* shards, 20k-30k t5b frags, some t5cc once, at least 10 t2a and plenty of t4b & t4cc.. And finally a 5* last week.

Also the 4 hour crystals really save on having to farm potions.

The upcoming glory store update will be great for getting t5cc and t2a .
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Totally worth it for me.
    Jaded said:

Same boat...first 2 days of TB I got full t5bc from the daily. Haven’t gotten any t5cc 😣
    Wow thats amazing. I got shafted the first 2 months after getting a 5* gambit the second day. Lately i have been super lucky.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

Been great.

The daily crystals are very good - I've probably pulled about 25- 30k 5* shards, 20k-30k t5b frags, some t5cc once, at least 10 t2a and plenty of t4b & t4cc.. And finally a 5* last week.

Also the 4 hour crystals really save on having to farm potions.

The upcoming glory store update will be great for getting t5cc and t2a .

That's amazing bruh.
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    Totally worth it for me.
    Big jump because of the ~25% extra T5CC monthly from calendar and glory store
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Totally worth it for me.
    Wouldn’t really say I rushed it considering I had to pick up all but 3 of the 25% T5cc crystals available in permanent content to finally get it.
    But the dailies are nice, had 5k 5* shards 4 times, 4h crystals are also a nice upgrade and the glory store is also helpful and about to be more helpful in a few days time.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Totally worth it for me.
    I was Thronebreaker before it was a thing so there was no cost to me

Pulled multiple T5B, the 10k 6* shards once, and over 10k 5* shards, plus the T4B and T4CC are great

The T5CC in the glory store helped me a couple of times but the reduced T2A price is the main thing.

The Christmas gift was fine, I never got any of the cyber weekend stuff
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Totally worth it for me.
    i became TB six days ago, and the daily crystal already gave me 2 T4B (one fully formed and two halfs) and 30% of a T5B, this is already enough to justify the 3k units spent in the featured store to get closer to form my first R3...
    Not to mention that having my ImAbom as my strongest champion for both PL and prestige means i can see him in my profile and use him as my in-game profile picture *_*
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Totally worth it for me.
    The daily crystals alone are pretty spicy.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    Totally worth it for me.
    It makes me want to login everyday for the daily crystal
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Totally worth it for me.
    I had amazing luck on the daily cristal.

2 times I got 10k 6 stars shards.
    A lot of T2A
    Some T5B
    just that crystal is totally worth it FOR ME. Before TB I was always low on T2A, now I have a lot of it, considering that at this point I have 6 r3 champs and just about to rank up 3 more, so for me it was GAME CHANGING indeed.

Of course it's only my good luck, doesn't mean everybody will have the same experience.