**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does Crossbones need the Mangog Synergy to be User Friendly?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I really hate when they do this, locking the user friendly aspect or practicality of a champion behind a synergy. On top of that, a synergy with an underperforming champion you normally wouldn’t bring to your team.

All these videos on youtube are with the Mangog synergy, but if you actually use crossbones without him, the furies drop pretty quick.

It’s essentially like having to chug along sabretooth for omega red, except OR doesn’t need ST as much as crossbones needs mangog.

Does Crossbones need the Mangog Synergy to be User Friendly? 69 votes

Yes
60%
BitterSteelGrandOldKaiSpity68jdrum663black_gokuJumpthesharkTatteredSailcx23433Grootman1294zeezee57GildenlowAleorFreedomCrusade_Sham_ZeezoosNo_oneukSarvanga1_MaqsoodTripleBH3t3r 42 votes
No
39%
TerraMhd20034MoehageneCassypseudosaneRaichu626RockyshockyDenzel116RockypantherxItsDamienStevieManWonderEtjamaHera1d_of_Ga1actusWoody15FenicoDfour24IronGladiator22Suss_WizzardSpideyFunkoSwarmOfRavens 27 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I won't even use omega without st.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Yes

Thats one reason why I believe AA and mags are above OR. Needing a dupe+ 200 stones + suicides is fine, but having to bring another synergy champ is where I draw the line.

Most will say the synergy is worth bringing ST along for , which I don’t disagree with. Its a fantastic synergy, just that a lot of times you wont be able to fit him on the team, because the path requires certain counters you need to bring
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Yes
    It's almost as bad as imiw and stealthy
    Yes
    Etjama said:

GagoH said:

Thats one reason why I believe AA and mags are above OR. Needing a dupe+ 200 stones + suicides is fine, but having to bring another synergy champ is where I draw the line.

Most will say the synergy is worth bringing ST along for , which I don’t disagree with. Its a fantastic synergy, just that a lot of times you wont be able to fit him on the team, because the path requires certain counters you need to bring
    The synergy's just so not needed though. I don't like synergy reliance but he doesn't have it. It's just a nice to have synergy, like Wasp for Ghost.
    Thats a valid point, but although it isn’t *needed*, it’s massively benefited from to the point where most Omega Red users run the ST synergy.

The reason is simply due to OR’s playstyle nature. You have to be aggressive with him to maintain the spores and if the opponent plays defensive /passive it makes it hard to keep the spores (i.e holds block or delays throwing their special until the degen debuff is about to expire)
    Yes
    Just saw that @H3t3r voted Yes , who i know has been doing extensive testing with him
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    No
    Not needed, but nice to have.
    I think it's the same type of synergy as Fury's and Captain Sparkles's. Yeah, you can run Captain Sparkles without Fury just fine, but it's a lot nicer to play her with the synergy.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Yes
    limeade32 said:

Aleor said:

It's almost as bad as imiw and stealthy

The difference is that stealthy is actually good, mangog isn't.
    I know that, overall do not enjoy champs who need synergies
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    ItsDamien said:

Don't have mangog? Bring two other really great champs in NF and CMM to extend fury duration. I don't think there's many people who can complain about bring those two champs for bonus synergy.

Exactly. And i would happily toss Red Skull into the team and crossbones can trample on the likes of ds, sor spr and sym spr. Players just don't study synergies enough.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Yes
    I just tried him with Mangog, nick fury and cmm and he just amazing, I killed winter soldier in like 80 hits with my 4 stars crossbones.

As for the question I'd say he doesn't need any synergy to be user friendly, his utility is right there.

Now if you're looking for amazing damage then yes, you'll have to bring synergies.
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    ItsDamien said:

Don't have mangog? Bring two other really great champs in NF and CMM to extend fury duration. I don't think there's many people who can complain about bring those two champs for bonus synergy.

That gives only 20% as compared to 50% from mangog, but I guess its better than not running mangog at all.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    No
    GagoH said:

ItsDamien said:

That gives only 20% as compared to 50% from mangog, but I guess its better than not running mangog at all.
    Sure, but instead of one useless synergy partner (let's be real no one is singing the praises of Mangog currently), you get 2 synergy partners who benefit Crossbones independently, as well as two great champs. Sure it's only 20% but that's way more useful than either have 1/3 of an AQ/AW team useless or 1/5 of your general questing team never seeing play. A fair trade off I think.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Yes
    I think yes, and it's why it bothers me that nobody seemed to show standalone Crossbones gameplay.
    Yes

I think yes, and it's why it bothers me that nobody seemed to show standalone Crossbones gameplay.

Thats what I hate about champion showcases by content creators. They always have a full synergy team which is almost the never the real world case.