**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

In a way, CapIW is the best champ in-game

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
Take this thread not very seriously, but I believe he is just perfect for content up to Act 6, where he is outshined by the clear winners (Ghost and Quake).

However, for beginning and progressing players, I believe he is the best and here is why:

1) block proficiency and sustain
Players who are new to the game make mistakes. No perfect parries and intercepts, but CapIW has such high BP + Glancing, which makes him very sustainable

2) No difficult playstyle
Unlike Quake and Ghost, there's nothing awfully specific about CapIW's playstyle. That is a big plus for beginners, because they can focus on learning the gameplay of most champions and leave the Quake wiggling and Ghost idling for when thex are more experienced

3) Great scaling
He is very good undupped and is a very solid investment of sig stones. If a player gets him, even undupped he is very useful. When dupped, his usefulness skyrockets.

4) Utility
That man's a utility monster. Negates unstoppable, max sig is DoT debuff immunity, he has high damage (meaning he ends enemies faster, thus leaving less space for error), also he has stun on sp2 and pretty potent bleed on sp1. Furthermore, his sp1 hits have AAR that is often useful

5) Independant hitter
He needs no synergies, just a team consisting from different classes.

So to conclude:
Is he the absolute best? No. But he can carry a beginning player up to Act 6 (maybe even Cavalier) extremely well. For the rest of the content he is outshined by Quake and Ghost, but he is still viable option for endgame content.

Of course everyone is free to disagree (which I bet most will), I just thought this champ deserves some credit for the heavylifting he does.

Comments

• SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021

Honestly the stuff you can get around with a sig200 CAIW is immense. If there isn’t an invade node he can probably handle it. Sure there are some who do it better but going in blind CAIW+cosmic+skill+tech is invaluable.

CAIW+skill+cosmic+tech sums up my act 6 exploration team.
    He could get through fights he had no business doing. Still remember cheesing 6.4 encroaching stun/special connoisseur/clapback manthing with parry heavy and Mr fantastic synergy.

The way contents designed now doesn't lend itself as much to caps extreme swiss army knife nature but he's still the best all rounder if you've got a developed roster.

• altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    He's like Hyperion - relatively simple seeming playstyle and abilities, and yet just continues to age well.

The great thing is that as Kabam buffs more champions, that means more champions/classes you can bring on your questing team without it seeming like a deadweight (CapIW + Skill is extremely beneficial, but for my account if I wasn't bringing Nick Fury, I wouldn't have any other Skill champions I'd have ranked up and worth it).
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Typically he is an integral part of my team as the utility he packs counters a lot of the game and his damage output is solid as well.
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    Yes.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    My own personal ranking has that bad boy at No. 3 overall
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Best part about him is his synergies are with classes and not with champion. He was my biohazard counter for so long as a 4 star because I could not pull a decent bleed immune champ. I used him against debuff immune void in the old map in aw. Simply shrugs off voids debuffs with a skill champ and his Sp3 with 5 charges hits very well. Was my km counter for many places with cosmic champ. Honestly, the amount of stuff that guy is an answer to is really amazing.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    If you have to qualify your statement with “in a way” the arguments flat from jump
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    Capiw is easily a top 5 champ. He scales super easy in a fight. He is sort of a parry heavy champ, but he doesn't have to be. He can be played several ways. With max sig he has probably the most utility in the game. Debuffs, buffs, dot, armor breaks, reverse healing, weakness, big damage, etc.

His synergies add even more.

Ya Quake and Ghost are great, and I am not trying to move either from their respective top places. He could easily sneak in at spot number 3 to 5. Also, he is fun to play, and that gives him another huge advantage.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    I have 200 generic sig stones and an awakened Omega Red that I can r3. I’m hoarding the stones until the day I pull Cap IW. That should say how valuable of a champ he is.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    I can’t disagree with this. He’s legit one of the best champs, versatile, and reliable. Kabaam did right by CaIW.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Even in act6, although not sustainable to the point of Quake n Ghost, his extreme block proficiency is just amazing.
  • sherin_66sherin_66 Posts: 242 ★★
    Me being FTP and can't get a sig 200 Cap IW :(
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    I don't think he's top 3 (Ghost, Doom, Quake) but behind those 3, I think he can easily be argued to be as good/better than any1 else.
  • ShaqatacShaqatac Posts: 258 ★★
    Personally I think he’s the best all round champ in the game, but other champs are better in certain aspects.

Cgr best damage imo
    Doom best power control
    Wolverine horseman best bleed
    Magneto best metal counter
    Cap best all round

I don’t rank a specific champ as overall the best in the game
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 733 ★★★
    CapIW is my favourite champ. Especially his block proficciency have saved my ass countless times.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Yeah Beardo is an absolute monster, imo he is on the same level as champs like Warlock, Doom, and Nick Fury
  • king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    i like your 3rd reason