**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Immediate Thronebreaker??

2»

Comments

• manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    groot.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    as a thronebreaker, only r3 someone if you would have done so without the title being there. thronebreaker doesn't have that many benefits, not yet anyways
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Cull and Carnage both worth it
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Cull and VTD are underrated but I’d wait to find someone who is a little bit better

If you need to get to Thronebreaker tho for July 4th then I’d go Cull
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Go with groot
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Awakened high sig Cull would be sick if you have guardian too
  • SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 489 ★★
    Cull wrecks and VtD is a very fun champ to play with. Carnage awakened is fun with his power gain when close to a bleeding defender.

I formed a tech t5cc and the best tech I had was Sentinel. I was a little hesitant at first but I don like playing with him. He has so much utility and there’s always going to be mutants in the game. I took him to r3 before last cyber weekend and I’m so glad I did. I’m a moderate to occasional spender (mostly Cyber weekend and the 4th). The deals were WAY worth it for being Thronebreaker. Plus the daily crystal is better. I’ve pulled a full t5b a couple of times along with t5cc shards. I’ve pulled a few 5* champs, 5*/6* shards too. Most days I pull half a tb4 or t4cc with a full t4b once a week or so. I don’t have to do the t4b arena anymore which is also nice.

The only tech champ I’ve pulled that I would r3 is Ghost and I have her at r2 waiting to go to r3...and I’m patient anyways. Haha.
  • DogfoodLidDogfoodLid Posts: 130
    I would r3 cull without tb consideration. I use him as 6 and 5 every day
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Will I become thronebreaker??
    I have resources but not champs, so should i choose one of these ****??

You have 4 real options. Cull, VtD, Carnage and King Groot (very distant last but has uses). I was debating on taking Cull to R3 and still will in time but I already had Terrax at R2. Cull has serious damage and the higher rank he is, the less you feel with his lack in block proficiency. VtD is really good too, fun to play and great damage once ramped.
    I like King Groot, but the only reason I would take KG to r3 would be to be able to tell people I took KG to r3.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    All these people telling you to wait should list exactly what champs are worth that catalyst. There are 160ish champs in the basic pool. Let’s say there are 8 cosmics better than Cull (disagree). You’re talking about a 5% chance per pull to get someone who’s marginally better in many cases.

Meanwhile, TB will get you 4 extra 5% crystals this month and 5 in May. That’s a good step towards more r3 champs.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    TyEdge said:

All these people telling you to wait should list exactly what champs are worth that catalyst. There are 160ish champs in the basic pool. Let’s say there are 8 cosmics better than Cull (disagree). You’re talking about a 5% chance per pull to get someone who’s marginally better in many cases.

Meanwhile, TB will get you 4 extra 5% crystals this month and 5 in May. That’s a good step towards more r3 champs.

Me personally, I would probably rank Cull if i t was my Thronebreaker option. But I should point out that the wait and hold strategy doesn't depend only on getting lucky with a cosmic pull, it can also get lucky with a different class pull if you're also sufficiently close to forming other classes as well.

If I had the cosmic and was nowhere near any other class, and I was looking for my first R3, I would rank Cull. But if I had other R3 options but didn't have the T5CC yet, it would depend on how close I was. And if I had no other R3 candidates but was close to forming other classes, then the odds of pulling one of them around the same time as forming might be much better than the only 5% chance of pulling a better cosmic. That would change the equation substantially for me.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    VtD is fun too, I have mine R2 and could see myself taking him to R3. He’s an animal in incursions. Cosmic class is pretty weak in terms of R3 candidates unfortunately
  • SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    I have VtD at r2 right now and if I didn’t have CGR waiting on my cosmic, I’d take up VtD no questions asked. Honestly if that’s all that’s holding you back, you’re a fool. Plus, the guy who said it’s not worth it, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about, it’s definitely worth it and you gain back all the materials you use to get it in about the first month or so on average.