**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Characters for Acts 1-4 and into act 5

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

I've seen like 5 people say they wouldn't let their 9 year old use a phone or tablet? You clearly don't have kids or they are simply deprived....it's not 1998 anymore. Phones at homes don't exist....how do they contact friends? And my son is an only child.....soo he wakes up, isn't allowed to play games (mind you there is no blood or major gore in this game)....I mean it's a game that came from comic books which have grown over time, but we're intended for children.....and then what? Kids these days live on fortnite and youtube like we lived on NES and VHS....the kid that doesn't see animated cartoon violence until he or she is 17 is DOOMED when they turn 17 and have been that sheltered.....I asked a simple question that got TOS tags and bad parenting lectures as answers. Nothing wrong with a 10 yr old (next week) playing a mobile game that challenges the mind and actually spending quality and fun time with their father on an old beat up cell phone. If that's wrong then you don't have kids (so I'm good without your parenting tips) or you are the most well rounded individuals in human history.

The forums - You got to take the bad with the good. :D .
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

I've seen like 5 people say they wouldn't let their 9 year old use a phone or tablet? You clearly don't have kids or they are simply deprived....it's not 1998 anymore. Phones at homes don't exist....how do they contact friends? And my son is an only child.....soo he wakes up, isn't allowed to play games (mind you there is no blood or major gore in this game)....I mean it's a game that came from comic books which have grown over time, but we're intended for children.....and then what? Kids these days live on fortnite and youtube like we lived on NES and VHS....the kid that doesn't see animated cartoon violence until he or she is 17 is DOOMED when they turn 17 and have been that sheltered.....I asked a simple question that got TOS tags and bad parenting lectures as answers. Nothing wrong with a 10 yr old (next week) playing a mobile game that challenges the mind and actually spending quality and fun time with their father on an old beat up cell phone. If that's wrong then you don't have kids (so I'm good without your parenting tips) or you are the most well rounded individuals in human history.

The forums - You got to take the bad with the good. :D .
    You got to take only the good and throw away the bad.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    I started my ftp in january and i opened 3 star jubilee and 4 star sabretooth from featured hero crystals
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★

maybe it's not 1998 any more, but kids don't have to be glued to a smart device 24/7/365. If I had kids they would get dumb phones and taught to use them solely to contact me or their mother in the event of a problem at school or in an emergency to call the cops/ambulance/whatever. I would let them play some video games under my direct supervision on a PC or games console. I'm not saying I would completely mollycoddle my kids and wrap them in cotton wool from the horrors of the world. I'm saying, I wouldn't trust an immature kid with a device that enabled them to access the internet without either my or my wife's supervision. I never said I wouldn't allow them to play violent games or watch violent movies or shows. My objection to allowing a kid under 13 to play this game stems more from the addictive gambling aspects and the fact it's far easier to make sure your kid doesn't spend on a game or get exposed to stuff on the internet they shouldn't by not giving them a smart device they can use to do so.

And there are parents out there who bring their kids up without access to TVs, PCs, DVDs or whatever and the kids turn out fine.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★

maybe it's not 1998 any more, but kids don't have to be glued to a smart device 24/7/365. If I had kids they would get dumb phones and taught to use them solely to contact me or their mother in the event of a problem at school or in an emergency to call the cops/ambulance/whatever. I would let them play some video games under my direct supervision on a PC or games console. I'm not saying I would completely mollycoddle my kids and wrap them in cotton wool from the horrors of the world. I'm saying, I wouldn't trust an immature kid with a device that enabled them to access the internet without either my or my wife's supervision. I never said I wouldn't allow them to play violent games or watch violent movies or shows. My objection to allowing a kid under 13 to play this game stems more from the addictive gambling aspects and the fact it's far easier to make sure your kid doesn't spend on a game or get exposed to stuff on the internet they shouldn't by not giving them a smart device they can use to do so.

And there are parents out there who bring their kids up without access to TVs, PCs, DVDs or whatever and the kids turn out fine.
    I am trying rly hard to don't judge, but u rly lost me when u said "if I had kids"
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

This dude's 9 year old kid is being more productive playing MCoC than you are by being an ass online.

For real though 🤣
    Etjama said:

Seeing people in this thread try to tell this guy how to parent his kid is the saddest thing I've ever seen. If that's what you want to spend time doing on your smart phone, maybe you shouldn't have one. This dude's 9 year old kid is being more productive playing MCoC than you are by being an ass online.

And fyi, a 9 y/o playing this game with adult supervision isn't against the ToS.

Everyone is free to give their opinion. If you think it is OK for 9 Yr Olds to play this game rather than playing outside, awesome. I don't have a 9 Yr old, I have a 3 Yr old and when I see other 3 Yr Olds with a smartphone watching videos, it really has me worried. If there was no covid, I would have my kid playing outside as long as possible. Interacting with other kids is important. I am sure that OP knows how to take care of his own kid. I gave my opinion on what I would do just as everyone did. I gave some suggestions on what champs are good and easy to use. Everyone is free to give an opinion. You can take it or just skip what you want to read and move on. No need to be insulting though.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Seeing people in this thread try to tell this guy how to parent his kid is the saddest thing I've ever seen. If that's what you want to spend time doing on your smart phone, maybe you shouldn't have one. This dude's 9 year old kid is being more productive playing MCoC than you are by being an ass online.

And fyi, a 9 y/o playing this game with adult supervision isn't against the ToS.

Everyone is free to give their opinion. If you think it is OK for 9 Yr Olds to play this game rather than playing outside, awesome. I don't have a 9 Yr old, I have a 3 Yr old and when I see other 3 Yr Olds with a smartphone watching videos, it really has me worried. If there was no covid, I would have my kid playing outside as long as possible. Interacting with other kids is important. I am sure that OP knows how to take care of his own kid. I gave my opinion on what I would do just as everyone did. I gave some suggestions on what champs are good and easy to use. Everyone is free to give an opinion. You can take it or just skip what you want to read and move on. No need to be insulting though.
    No one asked for your opinion. This is a website for a mobile video game, not for parental advice. So get that **** out of here. This idiocy that's coming from you is judgemental, so don't act like you're just giving advice.
    Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Don't parent other people's children. Ever.

Especially if you don't have a 9-year-old. You have no clue what to do. And OP didn't say the kid is glued to the game all day, they just said that the kid plays it, which leaves plenty of time to be outside or something. You don't know the situation, and nobody asked, so don't give an opinion on it.
    I did not realise that I needed your permission to give my opinions on an open forum. Cool. I assumed nothing about what op wrote. He could have simply asked which are the easiest champs to play and it would have been far simpler. When he explained why he wanted to know that, he opened up the discussion. Not saying it is his fault or anything, but it allows others to comment on the situation also which people like me who also have kids, did.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Especially if you don't have a 9-year-old. You have no clue what to do. And OP didn't say the kid is glued to the game all day, they just said that the kid plays it, which leaves plenty of time to be outside or something. You don't know the situation, and nobody asked, so don't give an opinion on it.
    I did not realise that I needed your permission to give my opinions on an open forum. Cool. I assumed nothing about what op wrote. He could have simply asked which are the easiest champs to play and it would have been far simpler. When he explained why he wanted to know that, he opened up the discussion. Not saying it is his fault or anything, but it allows others to comment on the situation also which people like me who also have kids, did.
    This isn't a parenting forum. It's a video game forum, so give video game opinions only
    edited April 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

This isn't a parenting forum. It's a video game forum, so give video game opinions only
    You are also not a mod. So..
    Edit: I was a little bit ticked off and did not want to say something rude. M y opinion was on the video game, whether it should be played by a 9 yr old. So, it still is about the game. I repeat - I was not saying the OP should not allow his son to play or not. He has every right to make the decision. I was commenting on my own circumstance and situation. I will not be happy with other people parenting my son and I try not to do that to others without them asking. Hope that makes people happy.
    Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Gladly it doesn't take a mod to have the common sense to know that you shouldn't be saying dumb **** about what you would be letting his child do.
    Etjama said:

Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Gladly it doesn't take a mod to have the common sense to know that you shouldn't be saying dumb **** about what you would be letting his child do.
    Of course it doesn't. Where did I say he should not allow his child to play this game? I have been repeating the same thing. He can make that choice. How does me saying I would not allow my child transfer to I would not allow his child?
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Of course it doesn't. Where did I say he should not allow his child to play this game? I have been repeating the same thing. He can make that choice. How does me saying I would not allow my child transfer to I would not allow his child?
    "Given the fact that you need to be 12+ to play this game, I am not sure he should be playing."

You are distinctly addressing his child. And "If I were you, I wouldn't let my kid play this game." and "You shouldn't let your kid play this game." are the exact same thing. It doesn't matter if you say "But it's your choice." afterwards. Your opinion on how he should parent his kid was never asked for. So quit trying to give it.
    edited April 2021
    Etjama said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

"Given the fact that you need to be 12+ to play this game, I am not sure he should be playing."

You are distinctly addressing his child. And "If I were you, I wouldn't let my kid play this game." and "You shouldn't let your kid play this game." are the exact same thing. It doesn't matter if you say "But it's your choice." afterwards. Your opinion on how he should parent his kid was never asked for. So quit trying to give it.
    "Given the fact that you need to be 12+ to play this game, I am not sure he should be playing. But that's your choice, he is your son. Your last answer though is not a good one.

As far as your questions go, hyperion is as easy as they come. Champs available as 1 stars have easy text and animations and play style."

That's the complete quote. Try not to cherry pick next time. I say the very next line that he can make the choice and even give him options. I was genuinely trying to help the OP. Internet does not do tones well, so it may have come off as "parenty", but I assure you, it was not.
    Edit: Sorry, It was some time ago and I was trying to think why I said that. It was from a legal perspective and nothing else. Since his son was not 12, I was not sure he should play this game.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Damn, this thread was NOT what I expected.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    I am qualified to give advice about parenting because i have no children and no experience parenting.

Logic!

I can tell fathers of children not to let their son play a video game with them because i have no experience myself.

Logic!

People get triggered on the wierdest things. Its what makes the forums great.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Here let me help you parent your kid 🥴

Oh you didnt ask? Ill help anyways.
    Etjama said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

"Given the fact that you need to be 12+ to play this game, I am not sure he should be playing. But that's your choice, he is your son. Your last answer though is not a good one.

As far as your questions go, hyperion is as easy as they come. Champs available as 1 stars have easy text and animations and play style."

That's the complete quote. Try not to cherry pick next time. I say the very next line that he can make the choice and even give him options. I was genuinely trying to help the OP. Internet does not do tones well, so it may have come off as "parenty", but I assure you, it was not.
    Saying that it's his choice changes absolutely nothing. You're still telling him what you think he should be doing with his kid. And throughout the rest of this thread, you repeatedly continue to tell everyone that you think 9 y/o's shouldn't be on phones, or play this game, or whatever it is. Stop. You want to give advice on this game, great. To not give advice on how to be a parent.
    Honestly mate, I am tired of explaining myself. There are two separate conversations in this thread. My first one was to the OP. The second one was to Crcrcrc when he said "Are you serious? You’d want to be the one to tell a 9 year old they can’t play a mobile game?". I replied "That's part of being a parent? Making sure they are playing age appropriate games is part of the job. Are you just going to allow your 9 Yr old to make those decisions?". So, the thread shifted to animations and everything in relation to that. Go back and read if you want to. Or not. I don't really care. You can form your own opinions.

Pulyaman said:

Here let me help you parent your kid 🥴

Oh you didnt ask? Ill help anyways.
    BuT I BeLiEvE 3 HoUrS oF GuIdEd MeDiTaTiOn iS sMaRtEr

It's your choice, although it's not a good one to pick otherwise
    Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Saying that it's his choice changes absolutely nothing. You're still telling him what you think he should be doing with his kid. And throughout the rest of this thread, you repeatedly continue to tell everyone that you think 9 y/o's shouldn't be on phones, or play this game, or whatever it is. Stop. You want to give advice on this game, great. To not give advice on how to be a parent.
    Honestly mate, I am tired of explaining myself. There are two separate conversations in this thread. My first one was to the OP. The second one was to Crcrcrc when he said "Are you serious? You’d want to be the one to tell a 9 year old they can’t play a mobile game?". I replied "That's part of being a parent? Making sure they are playing age appropriate games is part of the job. Are you just going to allow your 9 Yr old to make those decisions?". So, the thread shifted to animations and everything in relation to that. Go back and read if you want to. Or not. I don't really care. You can form your own opinions.
    This isn't Mortal Kombat. This game is easily tame enough for a 9-year-old, and even if it wasn't, that's not your place to say otherwise
    Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Etjama said:

So quit explaining yourself. We just want you off this thread at this point with your dumb opinions on other people's children. The second conversation didn't start with Crc, it started when you decided to tell OP what you think he should let his child be doing. And before you pull any of this, "I didn't tell him that." bull, directly telling a parent of a 9 year old, "I don't think 9 year olds should play this game." is absolutely no different than saying, "Your 9 year old shouldn't be playing this game." It is not your place to say that.