**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How do you like to explore a new event quest?

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,628 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
Personally, I usually go for completion the first day, then work on exploration as soon as my energy refills. Not about to spend units or the equivalent just to get things done as fast as possible.

How do you like to explore a new event quest? 182 votes

Blast through it in the first day as quickly as possible with tons of energy refills
10%
razielallinashesWardenclockPrimis00WorknprogressShrimpRwvonkStevieManWonderEtjamaAaronc94Greekhittio_espectroKyusushuiFit_Fun9329Maxwell24MasterpuffRobbo9king_ov_scrubsChaosMax1012Draconic_12 20 votes
Usually takes only a couple days, ain't nobody got time to go through it all on day one
20%
TheJalliMr_Platypusabn86TendersquadAzKicker316PsychoakumaTheVyrusCupidredsoxpatsfan89xxKyojinxxJChanceH9RamOnTheLakeRockypantherxWozzy101Hera1d_of_Ga1actusSarvanga1_H3t3rN0_UslackerIronGladiator22 38 votes
Completion ASAP for rewards, then exploration as soon as I have time/energy
36%
BitterSteelRaganatorrishisaiDrenlinzuffySIlverProfessorTristanNojokejaymMasterduxRm1491Hammerbro_64Furious_Fighter1ReferenceKerneasBuckyBruhMysterioJuggerNotVoltolosAleorRabanga 67 votes
Just taking my time throughout the month, slow and steady
27%
LeNoirFaineantWorld EaterHort4PiviotKDoggg2017LuciusVorenusTerraWubbie075SceptilemaniacMrTicTac19992008RasiloverLucky7LucianoyuwRaichu626Battle_GreninjaColonaut123RockyshockyIKONSidDDragon_Sham_ 50 votes
I prefer to focus on the side event first, who cares about EQ
3%
brandinhoMetalJakePlinkoSuss_WizzardAbhro12_3ShaqatacMrInsanity 7 votes

Comments

• MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Side quest usually has better rewards for energy/time spent so I leave the EQ for the second half of the month or just leave it.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    I save as much of Cav EQ as I can for event quest completion days. Gotta get that bonus 25 units for doing what I'm doing already.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Usually takes only a couple days, ain't nobody got time to go through it all on day one
    I do it at the start of the month. Not really rush or use refills though.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Blast through it in the first day as quickly as possible with tons of energy refills
    It's definitely not the best way... or the most fun way... and it takes a ton of energy refills... why do I do it like this again?
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    It depends what my schedule is like and how much content there is. This month I’ve spread it out, I’ve also been busy.

I usually complete and on quiet days do the 2 energy quests and save the 3 energy quests for busy days as it’s easier to burn the energy. This month I’ll probably try get through it before V7 drops.

I’ve spent the last 2 weeks only autocompleting daily catalyst quests though, deciding that master/heroic weren’t worth it.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    I do Cav completion, then the annoying, restrictive quests exploration (tech) and in the end the most fun ones (mutant)
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

It's definitely not the best way... or the most fun way... and it takes a ton of energy refills... why do I do it like this again?

Because this is the only way to do it 😂😂

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Or I don't. Last couple of months, I haven't done UC exploration and I'm not yet at a point where I can 100% cav eq every month.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    I aim to do all difficulties, so I try to knock out as much as possible with the 10ish refills I usually have in inventory. Rarely get done in a day but usually done by day 3-4. I like to 💯% each chapter in order so I don't have to swap teams as much.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    For me, I usually try to get initial completion done as soon as I can, then take my time with the exploration. Sometimes I’ll prioritize the side quest if there’s an energy cost so I can get that out of the way first. I’ll usually put in an extra push if AQ is done for a couple days since I usually use some of the champs I currently rely on for particular scenarios in AQ.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I used to blast through everything ASAP but then I'd have nothing to do for the last 2-3 weeks of the month. Now depending on side quest rewards & structure I might focus on that more.

What I do do though is go for completion then work my way backwards doing the most difficult paths in final chapter first, gradually down to easiest paths in chapter 1 so I have an easier time as I go through the entire quest.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    First run through, do the hardest path first.
    Then do the subsequent easier paths for each quest.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Just live up my name, that's all
  • king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    i have 43 full energy refills farmed up and ready to go
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Blast through completion, then explore over the next week before moving down the list to the next highest difficulty
  • rivetrivet Posts: 254
    I usually only do EQ cav difficulty when the event quest completion solo event is on, usually try to get 3rd or 4th milestone depends on my energy situation
  • rivetrivet Posts: 254

Where do you farm energy refills!

• SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Take it slow and use the time to build up units and revives to be used in permanent content...plus I do the paths as per the daily quest with the early chapters of UC for hero use and final chapters of cav for monthly quest and the remaining chapter for the remaining days
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    As cheaply as possible.
  • king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    rivet said:

Where do you farm energy refills!

i’d prefer not to say on the forums. just ask around, it’s commonly known
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Ideally: Do them only during EQ completion events, hopefully with potions acquired from before.

Reality: Do them as soon as possible because I want rewards and I want them now.

Alternatively: Dont do them at all because I dont feel like it.
  • JahnybravoJahnybravo Posts: 69
    I'm OCD so I fully explore each mission before doing the next one. Just finished exploring Cav 1.1 and 1.2 so now moving on to start 2.1. fully explore that then start 2.2, and so on. Uncollected and down tho i just complete, then explore cause idc as much
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Usually run through completion day one and then work my way back but this month they've put the mystic quest last which means I've gotta take off suicides to 100% it.. ugh, so gotta leave that one till last.

So currently working my way from beginning to end exploration... Feels weird.
  • ShaqatacShaqatac Posts: 260 ★★
    EQ become so boring a repetitive recently so i just take it slow now sometimes i complete it then wait to explore unless i need the shards
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    edited April 2021
    This might sound a bit weird but when I am exploring, i leave one path of each quest for the end and then complete them all on a single day using Energy Refills.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    UC completion, then Cav completion, then Cav exploration, then UC exploration, then master completion+exploration, then heroic completion, then heroic exploration if still have time.