**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why this SQ is one of the worst SQ IMO

SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
So Kabam Boo just confirmed the SQ path rewards are completely random. This means technically you can get 0 6* shards and 0 5* shards in the whole sq. Ive already ran this once and I've got to admit, the rewards are not looking too spicy. If you get trolled by rng, this SQ can be one of the worst SQ ever. Hopefully I won't get too much hate from this but its just my opinion. Hopefully, Kabam can learn from this SQ and know not to incorporate RNG into the rewards of the SQ in the future.

Comments

• SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

I like the simplicity of the event (kinda like mutant island, still miles away) but yea rng sucks. Did my first pass and got 5 5* sig stones and 2 t4b shards :/

Yeah that does not feel good.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★

I like the simplicity of the event (kinda like mutant island, still miles away) but yea rng sucks. Did my first pass and got 5 5* sig stones and 2 t4b shards :/

Yeah that does not feel good.
    I got one drop of 500 5* shards, 1 5* sig stone, 2000 t2 alpha, some t4 basic, and 3 drops of gold
    Qfury said:

Yeh god knows what they were thinking with RNG rewards.

ikr
    DNA3000 said:

Hopefully, Kabam can learn from this SQ and know not to incorporate RNG into the rewards of the SQ in the future.

What do you expect Kabam to learn this month that six years of working on MCOC and twenty five years of F2P monetization history haven't taught them yet?
    Oh yeah lmao but in my time i've never experienced this.

DNA3000 said:

Hopefully, Kabam can learn from this SQ and know not to incorporate RNG into the rewards of the SQ in the future.

What do you expect Kabam to learn this month that six years of working on MCOC and twenty five years of F2P monetization history haven't taught them yet?
    Oh yeah lmao but in my time i've never experienced this.
    I mean they kinda did the same thing with the red room things but the difference is we had that selector thingy. Actually Im kinda torn on which ones worse because that selector was so helpful but if you got shafted you were shafted hard. But if your shafted here at least you have some decent rewards ig
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    To be honest, my only qualm is with the daily entry. Seems to be a recurring thing.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,628 ★★★★★
    I feel like what people are most upset about being random or having the potential of getting lower amounts of is the champion shards. So they are upset that there is RNG involved in a prize.... that already involves RNG. Like RNG is the basis of all crystals.....
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,722 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

I can’t believe the 5* sig stones are only +1!!

I am thinking if they could change it to generic.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,628 ★★★★★

GarrettN said:

They also have generic 5* stones available. I got two of them today, they are just more rare.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,722 ★★★★★

GarrettN said:

They also have generic 5* stones available. I got two of them today, they are just more rare.
    Ah ... yes, in Legendary difficulty. Out of reach for me.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Hot Take: The objectives are enjoyable, the clues are usually a nice nod to the comics, movies or the in-game lore and it's nice to learn more from this.

The quests themselves are fun with the various player friendly nodes and is fine in terms of difficulty. The quest design itself is 10/10. You can choose which enemies you want face and if you want to skip an opponent, you don't have to sacrifice every subsequent reward.

As for rewards, I'm not against it nor am I condoning it. Average odds dictate that you will get the average amount of rewards this month as you would any other month and as said above, with a sample size this large, it'll likely even out. You could potentially get lucky and get more 6* shards and 5* shards or you could get unlucky in that regards and make up for it in another area.
    OGAvenger said:

I believe it’s a set of 10 rewards and 7 of the 10 show up randomly in the quest each time, right?

They should’ve just made it 7 set rewards that are the same every time you run it and put the rest in the objectives.

Yeah I'd like that way more.
    doctorb said:

I'll probably get a lot of disagrees but Im ok with RNG. RNG is nothing new, its been a part of crystals since forever. Sometimes u win, sometimes you lose. People shouldn't lose sight of the big picture, the great prizes at the bottom of the solo objectives that r not RNG: the 5* awakening crystal and all those T5CC.

Well yeah so am I, thats the whole point of crystals. But imagine if you work so hard in some kind of content just to get shafted because the rewards (not talking about crystal pulls) are rng. Imagine if Act 6 rewards are rng based lol. Like instead of a guarantee 25% t5cc selector you can either get 10% or 40%. Not saying this will ever occur or this situation will ever happen but its similar in a way.